Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting story/possible Generative Act.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting story/possible Generative Act.

Originally posted by Lula View Post
    This is my favorite story of the loa. A Haitian priest told it to an American scholar who told it to me in 2008.

When Jesus died and was laid in the tomb, two Haitian soldiers stood outside to guard the entrance. When God descended from Heaven to speak the magic words that brought Jesus back from the dead, the two soldiers eavesdropped and heard those words. They remembered them and passed them down from generation to generation until they reached this aforementioned priest. That is how he knows the procedure to bring a zombie back from the grave.
    Alternative version of Tammuz?

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Sure, that's pretty cool. Even Nepri, maybe, though it lacks the "dismember the body" aspect.

Matthew McFarland
    Writer, developer, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhatmatt View Post
      Sure, that's pretty cool. Even Nepri, maybe, though it lacks the "dismember the body" aspect.
      Well, Christ still had the wounds in his hands and side, so while not straight-up dismemberment there was a visible injury component.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
      Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
      He/him pronouns, please

Comment

Working...
      X