No announcement yet.

Pilgrimage question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what? Here's the goddamn fucking answer.

Magic is real, and I'm doing magic. From this point forward, reality changes so that The Lightning Chronicle is canon and anything else is fanon. As of now, the only canon things in Promethean are the 1e books and the previews for TLC that I've posted. I won't be getting in any more arguments about how Promethean should be, because it is already like that!

Because I can't fucking fix entropy or my body or whatever, and I can't even pretend, but it's a hell of a lot easier to pretend that this problem isn't a problem.
    Last edited by Geckopirateship; 10-16-2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

You know what? This is the first time anyone has attempted to bully me by threatening to commit suicide.

Comment

Sorry if it came out like that, I genuinely didn't want to do that. I was just explaining how I came to that decision. It honestly didn't have anything in particular to do with you, and I wasn't hoping you'd respond in any particular way.

Comment

Since we are all airing our crap, you know what sucks? This is the first book I have a professional writing credit on. I check the forums every day, hoping to answer questions or get into discussions about what I helped write. Instead, the forum has been filled, for months, with posts about how the game sucks and is broken. The only activity for long stretches of time is a half dozen threads of Gecko re-writing the game. Anytime anyone asks a question or tries to start a discussion, Gecko jumps in with the same complaints and the whole thread devolves into an argument about them. Again. So, yeah, that's been great.

Eric Christian Berg
          Onyx Path Freelancer
          Promethean: The Created Second Edition, Dark Eras Companion

Comment

Folks, my recommendation is that we try and steer the thread back towards something useful, lest it become the Gecko Show (again).

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

How long did the chronicle run for, in terms of number of sessions?
            53, if my count's right. If you feel like slogging through the AP, it's here.

Matthew McFarland
            Writer, developer, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhatmatt View Post
              Folks, my recommendation is that we try and steer the thread back towards something useful, lest it become the Gecko Show (again).

53, if my count's right. If you feel like slogging through the AP, it's here.
              Nice. This actually makes me think of a question I don't believe I've seen answered anywhere: how does everybody handle "staggered" New Dawns? Like, when one character redeems but the rest are still on their Pilgrimage? Make a new one and slot it in? Or typically wait until all PCs are ready and make it the end of the chronicle?

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
              On the Chronicles of Darkness Slack Team. PM me for invitation
              Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

Originally posted by eberg View Post
                Since we are all airing our crap, you know what sucks? This is the first book I have a professional writing credit on. I check the forums every day, hoping to answer questions or get into discussions about what I helped write. Instead, the forum has been filled, for months, with posts about how the game sucks and is broken. The only activity for long stretches of time is a half dozen threads of Gecko re-writing the game. Anytime anyone asks a question or tries to start a discussion, Gecko jumps in with the same complaints and the whole thread devolves into an argument about them. Again. So, yeah, that's been great.
                What was yours? Can you say (or do you not want to, given the climate you refer to?).

Comment

Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

Nice. This actually makes me think of a question I don't believe I've seen answered anywhere: how does everybody handle "staggered" New Dawns? Like, when one character redeems but the rest are still on their Pilgrimage? Make a new one and slot it in? Or typically wait until all PCs are ready and make it the end of the chronicle?

In this chronicle, what happened was: The first character completed the New Dawn and the player left the game (because he moved away). The second character completed the New Dawn and then played her own creation for the last story or so. The last two completed the New Dawn during the last session, and the final character chose not to attempt it, feeling like his Pilgrimage wasn't over, and kept traveling with the creations of the original throng.

Matthew McFarland
                  Writer, developer, etc.

Comment

I hadn't considered that one of the best out-of-character reasons for making new Creations would be to literally create your backup characters. Sometimes I wonder if Doylist discussions should be put in the text of books to help flesh out stuff like that and help explain, like, expectations and the play experience to the players.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                    On the Chronicles of Darkness Slack Team. PM me for invitation
                    Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

Huh, I never considered that aspect of creating progeny, but it's pretty brilliant.

Also, a post-New Dawn Promethean could always still travel with the Throng. They very well might decide that as much as they're looking forward to a new life, they have a duty to the people who supported and helped them through hell. Plus, without Disquiet, they could be a useful "face" for the group.
                      Last edited by Geckopirateship; 10-19-2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Setting aside fanon notions such as post-New Dawn Prometheans, the New Dawn always ends with one of two kinds of Redeemed: the ones who no longer remember their Promethean lives, and the ones who do. The latter probably could continue traveling with the Throng, serving as counselors for the remaining Prometheans; I don't recall if PtC2e officially grants then immunity to Disquiet, but I probably would.

Comment

Yeah, I was talking about the second kind.

Comment

Working...
                          X