No announcement yet.

Prometheans are what exactly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the upside of the new Pilgrimage stat is it's fairly easy to use it to represent any kind of journey/transformation.
    Last edited by Geckopirateship; 10-17-2016, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geckopirateship View Post
      Yeah, the upside of the new Pilgrimage stat is it's fairly easy to use it to represent any kind of journey/transformation.
      Remember what you've been told about bringing your homebrew outside of the thread for it. Last warning.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

I was just making a general statement regarding the flexibility of the stat, since people were already praising it.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
          They weren't, really. Its a pretty common misconception that in order to be less than sanguine about humanity as a whole you have to be Centimanus. Honestly just about any Refinement that isn't Aurum can be spun in such a way that a Promethean following it takes a dim view of mankind, and to be honest even an Aurum could have such a disposition and choose to emulate what they feel humanity "should" be rather than what it is.
          Aurum doesn't require you to romanticize humanity. In fact, such a thing is likely to be an impediment. The Roles in Aurum are uniquely suited to being involved in organized crime as they require you to be in human relationships. Running a mob would fulfill the Leader Role, being a member of a gang would be a Companion Role, and working for a crime boss would fit the Follower Role. Aurum is a "get your hands dirty" Refinement. You don't just watch humanity, you need to get in there and experience it.
          Last edited by eberg; 10-18-2016, 10:00 AM.

Eric Christian Berg
          Onyx Path Freelancer
          Promethean: The Created Second Edition, Dark Eras Companion

Comment

Originally posted by eberg View Post
            Aurum doesn't require you to romanticize humanity. In fact, such a thing is likely to be an impediment. The Roles in Aurum are uniquely suited to being involved in organized crime as they require you to be in human relationships. Running a mob would fulfill the Leader Role, being a member of a gang would be a Companion Role, and working for a crime boss would fit the Follower Role. Aurum is a "get your hands dirty" Refinement. You don't just watch humanity, you need to get in there and experience it.
            Proving this point, a player in my current game got his "Leader" role by killing the head of his cult and taking it's place. The cult sacrifices humans on a monthly basis. He's not intending to stop this practice

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
            Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
            Keywords: Mute
            Duration: Instant
            Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

Working...
            X