• Show
Clear All

• New Lineage?

Here's something that would be fun to work into a new Promethean Dark Era:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...cient-science/

Eric Christian Berg
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Promethean: The Created Second Edition, Dark Eras Companion

Well, I've heard people saying they wish Mummy had bog mummies, so there's certainly interest.

Comment

You mean like Solomon Grundy?

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Comment

That's interesting. Most sources I've seen consider bog bodies accidental - not accidentally killed or thrown in the swamp, but the preservation being accidental. Taking the trouble to build one like this implies otherwise. Maybe something that was meant to provide protection - Prometheans created as guardians for the communities who supplied their parts.

Comment

That's an angle I'd be interested to take in a Promethean supplement at some point: a community who purpose-builds Prometheans (like the Jewish golem). There's a lot of interesting plotting to be had in the conflict between the community's desire for the Created to perform the task for which it was created and its own desire to become human (making it useless in the eyes of its creators). It's a kind of existential issue I don't think the line has really explored before. It would be an interesting tie-in to Deviant, now that I think of it.

Eric Christian Berg
          Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

A community - or other group - creating a Promethean is itself a different thing from the usual image of a demiurge. The Divine Fire responding a zeitgeist instead of an individual obsession (foreshadowed in the conventional explanation for why Lineages die out).

Comment

I dunno, I think a community can breed individual obsession.

Eric Christian Berg
              Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by eberg View Post
                That's an angle I'd be interested to take in a Promethean supplement at some point: a community who purpose-builds Prometheans (like the Jewish golem). There's a lot of interesting plotting to be had in the conflict between the community's desire for the Created to perform the task for which it was created and its own desire to become human (making it useless in the eyes of its creators). It's a kind of existential issue I don't think the line has really explored before. It would be an interesting tie-in to Deviant, now that I think of it.
                I seem to recall a version of the "Golem of Prague" story in which it was a group that made the Golem, not one man acting alone...

​Which reminds me of an idea I had for a crossover, in which members of a Freehold (or maybe just one Changeling, but the others put him up to it) creating an Unfleshed out of Cold Iron, as a guard against Huntsmen. As I recall, creatures of the Hedge/Faerie tend to ignore Prometheans; almost as if they don't see them, unless the Promethean attacks them. A Ferrum with literal Iron Fists could possibly one-shot most adversaries...

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Comment

Working...
                X