Breaking points at Pilgrimage 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking points at Pilgrimage 1

Question about the Pilgrimage breaking points and the table on page 178. If I'm at Pilgrimage 1 and I create a Pandoran or what have you, do I roll 5 dice as if I had Pilgrimage 2, or do I not roll at all? I ask because 179 says: "[A Promethean] can never lose her last dot of Pilgrimage; if she otherwise would, she instead falls into Torment."

One interpretation of that would be that you roll 5 dice, and if you fail you enter Torment instead of losing a dot. Is that right?

Also, if you have Pilgrimage 3, do you roll 4 or 5 dice for a breaking point?

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Originally posted by Caladriu View Post
    Question about the Pilgrimage breaking points and the table on page 178. If I'm at Pilgrimage 1 and I create a Pandoran or what have you, do I roll 5 dice as if I had Pilgrimage 2, or do I not roll at all? I ask because 179 says: "[A Promethean] can never lose her last dot of Pilgrimage; if she otherwise would, she instead falls into Torment."

One interpretation of that would be that you roll 5 dice, and if you fail you enter Torment instead of losing a dot. Is that right?

Also, if you have Pilgrimage 3, do you roll 4 or 5 dice for a breaking point?
    I think they're going to add how many dice you roll at 1 and 3 in the final version of the Promethean book, but I think 1-3 is 5 dice. And I believe you have it right: If you do something that would constitute a breaking point at Pilgrimage 1 you roll 5 dice and failure means you enter Torment.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
    Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

Working...
    X