Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the Centrality of the pilgrimage add to the game.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the Centrality of the pilgrimage add to the game.

Seen so many people post complaints about how the pilgrimage is an "inescapable" part of the splat, I have no problem with it, but they clearly do, so I thought we should have this discussion, ask ourselves what does it add to the game.

My answer? It offers an easily identifiable goal Players can easily identify with, and can latch their own aspiratiosns onto.

I've already made my objections with it and my problems with it clear. There's nothing to be gained from my arguing about it further, and I'm not sure if anyone else will get anything from re-opening this argument.

Comment

Yeah, gotta agree with GPS here: nothing good lies down this road. I don't know what people who want to play Promethean without the Pilgrimage are after, but I know our differences are irreconcilable.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        Seen so many people post complaints about how the pilgrimage is an "inescapable" part of the splat, I have no problem with it, but they clearly do, so I thought we should have this discussion, ask ourselves what does it add to the game.

My answer? It offers an easily identifiable goal Players can easily identify with, and can latch their own aspiratiosns onto.
        It is the basis for the entire narrative frame. It is is one of the two central points.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
        Working on:Night Horrors: Enemy Action
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Could we not do this for the hundredth time? I'm fucking exhausted.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Yeah, at this point everything of value that can be said about this has been said multiple times with different wording. Either the Pilgrimage does it for you or it doesn't. If it doesn't, another one of these threads won't change that.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

This point has been litigated ad nauseam already so I'm closing the thread.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
              Posts in this color are moderator posts
              Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
              Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
              X