• Show
Clear All

• V for Vendetta

'Remember, remember the fifth of November
    The Gunpowder Treason and Plot
    I see of no reason,
    Why Gunpowder Treason

Should ever be forgot...'

Both comic book and movie adaptation of it are about of mysterious freedom fighter V trying to abolish British pseudo-Nazis reign in near future England. ( Many now say that it will be PostBrexit one. ) What I see in story is that V could work as Promethean - probably Extempore - with interesting take on making humans themselves more human on his Pilgrimage. What do you think about it? If you agree - what would this 'political' Refinement be? Maybe some particular Roles?

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

I'm pretty sure V is a Deviant.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Returning to idea on next anniversary - V from both comic and movie survived the fire. I still thinks, that he was born again. Some ideas can be explored for PtC gameline?

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
      My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

I remember Frankensteins being filled with rage in their 2e writeup, so there’s something to be explored there as well.

Although, as Charlaquin said, V fits Deviant way, way more than Promethean, down to both material and theme. It’s even right in the title- V for “Vendetta.”

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Okay, let's recast topic then - What could you get for Deviant from the movie? It's PtC in forum, but I think mods can move topic later, when DtR subforum will be open.

Comment

It’s a bit difficult to mine inspirational media for ideas when the game itself isn’t out yet. But we can at least draw parallels between the movie/graphic novels and what we know of the game so far.

Clearly V’s progenitors are the scientists at the Larkhill resettlement camp. A significant part of his arc is his quest for revenge against them, which might make that his Conviction. Then again, he’s equally motivated to incite revolution against the Norsefire. We don’t really know if it’s possible for Convictions to shift, but if it is, I would say his Conviction is initially focused around the Larkhill scientists, but gradually shifts to a broader context of the fascist systems that created Larkhill in the first place.

On the flip side, it seems like his Loyalty could be to Evey, or to his ideals of civil anarchy. Conversely, to his Conviction, it seems that his Loyalty starts out broad and becomes more personal throughout his arc.

Couldn’t make a guess as to his Clade or Origin without knowing more about what the options are. Same for his Variations and Scars.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

As long as the thread is still in the Promethean forum, we might as well explore the idea of V as Frankenstein a little further. We know that Larkhill was testing various chemicals and pathogens on the inmates there; maybe "the man in Room 5" became a different sort of experiment, grafting organs and other body parts that were relatively undamaged after the treatments from deceased test subjects. Somehow he seemingly returned from death, then fell into Stannum almost immediately after finding the letter and realizing what was going on. Evie is his attempt at a different kind of Multiplicatio before he finally has to go to the River... hoping that he'll find the New Dawn on his return, but still satisfied with his efforts to change the world if not.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                I'm pretty sure V is a Deviant.
                Keeping his origin exactly the same, he would be - but I can definitely see the thematic resonance in playing up “V is a new person created in those experiments - he’s not any specific person/people his body was made from”.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                X