Secrets of the Covenants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secrets of the Covenants

Can you keep a secret? Secrets of the Covenants is finally out!

Discuss.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

I can't get this until next payday, but hot diggety if I'm not excited to finally see Requiem get some new love. The preview makes the Carthian section out to be a real riot.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Welp, well I got an error code on checkout which ate my store credit, so I guess I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer while DTRPG checks it out. Hopefully it didn't charge my credit card as well.

CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Really liking the new Crone stuff. Gorgon's Gaze especially and Denying Hades.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the fiction books, I would have liked to know about that earlier as I was expecting a more traditional book. The crunch at the end is very good, a nice improvement on the Open Dev stuff, and the writing of the whole book is on par with what CofD has offered us up to now.

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
          Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
          Keywords: Mute
          Duration: Instant
          Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum Opus View Post
            I'm not a big fan of the fiction books, I would have liked to know about that earlier as I was expecting a more traditional book. The crunch at the end is very good, a nice improvement on the Open Dev stuff, and the writing of the whole book is on par with what CofD has offered us up to now.
            It's been said from day one that this book was going to be in the style of the Clanbooks.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the fiction books, I would have liked to know about that earlier as I was expecting a more traditional book.
              Since its first mention to the public it's been referring to the clanbooks, saying it was in 'clanbook style' and the clanbooks were mostly in-world commentary with mechanics at the end. It also says it on their DrivethruRPG page.

Comment

Since my experience with Vampire started with B&S I must say "in the style of the clanbooks" didn't meant a thing to me.

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
                Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
                Keywords: Mute
                Duration: Instant
                Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

Since my experience with Vampire started with B&S I must say "in the style of the clanbooks" didn't meant a thing to me.
                  I'm sorry to hear that, but you should ho back and read them. They're very good.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

I Have only one thing to say...

BAAAAAAAANZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!!!! !

sorry had to get that out of my system.

Comment

Loving the fiction of the Circle of the Crone even more.

Comment

Can someone confirm that San Diego is in the Invictus section? I'm profoundly curious what's going on in my hometown's Danse Macabre.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

It's mentioned in several sections but also the Invictus one.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                            It's mentioned in several sections but also the Invictus one.
                            That's so weird. Are the undead really plugged into the craft beer scene and Comic Con or what?

Just call me Lex.

Comment

I liked the Ordo section, and some of the implications in there.

I'm mildly annoyed that in the mechanics section, the Coil of Zirnitra wasn't clarified at all, for instance how it talks about wolf-blooded despite only allowing purchase of supernatural merits, and grafting unholy flesh not being entirely clear on what you can get with it. I still plan to use it regardless, of course.

On the other hand, I like the additions and changes to the Cruac styles.

EDIT: Oh and also love Themes being added next to the rituals for compatibility there (even if the provided levels are somewhat suspect in some cases).
                              Last edited by falco1029; 12-07-2016, 06:07 PM.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

Working...
                              X