This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secrets of the Covenants errata thread

The advance PDF of Secrets of the Covenants is out!

Please use this thread to report any typos or visual glitches. Discussion of content should go to other threads.
    Last edited by Rose Bailey; 12-07-2016, 04:40 PM.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator
    Retired CofD Lead

Check out my guides to Vampire and my indie games!

P46 'was as little too eager' should be 'was a little too eager'

P47, 'one of the mortal gunman' should be 'one of the mortal gunmen'

Also on p47, 'we fled down through entrance we’d build into a storm drain to escape' needs some work. Maybe 'we fled down through entrances we'd built into a storm drain to escape' but 'entrances' for escapes seems a little clunky. Also 'build' should be 'built'.

And on p47, near the bottom 'her' is in italics in 'inside of her,' and it stands out due to the font and doesn't seem to fit.

On p33 and p34, there's fairly large spaces where an apostrophe should be in 'when you're waiting to board' also further down in 'I'd have it rough.' and 'I'm a white girl.' The problem continues on the next page with 'what I'm used to,' 'somebody else's problem' and 'I didn't want to duck back,' 'I'd never run before.' 'I shouldn't have been able to make' 'I couldn't attend the celebration,' 'couldn't imagine what that meant.' 'Movement doesn't mobilize' 'Dubai's Movement ruled by Meritocracy,' with a large space between by and Meritocracy. 'If you're strong enough' 'devour someone's soul' 'you're entitled to it.' 'If you're weak,' and' 'Ishaq wasn't'

In the same section, there's supposed to be a comma or period after 'It makes me aggressive and hungry' but instead is a large space. Same problem later with 'into nothingness, it was as if'

P57, it seems to say 'USians.' It might be referring to Americans, or misspelled Asians. If the former, the term is not widely known or used and may cause confusion.

P62, 'leant' should be 'lent.'
    Last edited by nofather; 12-08-2016, 04:02 AM.

Comment

p. 169: "Where for this cadaverous afterbirth? Had a corruption fermented in is breast" -- Wherefore, and is should be his.

p. 192: "Religion is two things to the Lancea et Sanctum; faith and organization." -- semicolon should be a colon

p. 196: I think The Guiding Star is supposed to be a 4 dot ritual, unless it's accidentally out of sequence.

p. 200: "However, you can find other Supernatural Merits in other World of Darkness books."

p. 2: On a similar note, the copyright boilerplate seems to be the WoD one, rather than the CofD one (though I don't know if that matters; I'm just comparing what's in Hurt Locker). The Onyx Path URL also has backslashes instead of slashes, and it's missing the WWP website.

Last edited by Yossarian; 12-07-2016, 06:11 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
      Masquiem: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd
      Storytellers Vault: Author Page

Comment

On page 187, 'Every Contact your character counts as a Skill Specialty' should be 'Every Contact your character has counts as a Skill Specialty'

Comment

p. 200: "Now, drawbacks do not always occur when using Supernatural Merits granted by this Coil." -- this seems to refer to something that was cut; I think it was supposed to be in the first dot, but it's not anymore.

Comment

p. 182: "Mandragoras transplanted from elsewhere wither and die if not cared for by a character with this Merit." -- Mandragora is already plural (the singular being Mandrake), so the s at the end of "Mandragoras" should be removed.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

p. 184: The Cruac rituals seem to be out of sequence, unless the order is something I'm not seeing?

Comment

Starting on page 23, the text introduces Ferdinand and Cesar Rodriguez, but the letters they send each other are addressed to Ferdinand and Cesar Araujo.

Comment

"Cruac Style Merits" and the following fluff is printed twice. Once, and then once again immediately following, starting on page 182.

This is probably gonna mess with layout a bit as they both take up quite a bit of space.

Also, on page 179 under the Breaking the Chains Carthian Law reads: " A member of the Movement in good standing can
                  only take Breaking the Chains." which i think is meant to read "Only a member of the Movement in good standing can take Breaking the Chains."
                  Last edited by Amravanti; 12-08-2016, 12:19 AM.

Comment

p. 107: "But so many other Kindred died; Kindred with sires, broodmates, and childer in cities all over the nation." -- semicolon should be a dash or a colon
                    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-11-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

It was specified in the boards by developers that you can use more than one Willpower per turn, as long as you don't use it for the same roll, in 2e, after a clarification request.

Unleash the Mind (p. 200) allows to spend Willpower more than once per turn, but...you can already do that without the Coil.
                      I'm sorry I can't provide immediate back up for my claim, but I was pretty surprised when I saw that in the topic. I remember that because I had to change some of the rules of my fangame. I think it was MachineIV.

Comment

In the main page for Invictus: The Game it has:

Sarah and Mikhail will represent elitism and egalitarianism.

I think Sarah is the egalitarian from the later text.

(This might not really be an error, as it doesn't say "Sarah and Mikhail ... respectively")

Comment

Originally posted by Jesuncolo View Post
                          It was specified in the boards by developers that you can use more than one Willpower per turn, as long as you don't use it for the same roll, in 2e, after a clarification request.

Unleash the Mind (p. 200) allows to spend Willpower more than once per turn, but...you can already do that without the Coil.
                          I'm sorry I can't provide immediate back up for my claim, but I was pretty surprised when I saw that in the topic. I remember that because I had to change some of the rules of my fangame. I think it was MachineIV.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...755#post965755

That's David's post, and I think he's mostly talking about instances where you're forced to spend Willpower in a turn. Like, if you have to spend Willpower to do one thing in a turn (like staving off the effect of a supernatural power or Condition), you can still use Willpower on the activation of special abilities. I don't think he means you can add Willpower to an ability you've already spent on to activate (hence the usefulness of this Coil). The rule he's referring to in CofD (p. 73) is that you can't normally spend more than one Willpower on an *action*, so I think it all works out.

Comment

Also, being able to do that is explicitly one of the abilities of Horrors. And they can only spend up to their potency on different things.

Comment

Fine, thank you for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                              X