X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Secrets of the Covenants errata thread

Secrets of the Covenants errata thread

The advance PDF of Secrets of the Covenants is out!

Please use this thread to report any typos or visual glitches. Discussion of content should go to other threads.
    Last edited by Rose Bailey; 12-07-2016, 04:40 PM.

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 187: "Every Contact your character counts as a Skill Specialty related to the information he provides." -- missing a has
    p. 189: "...a Blood Potency 4 Kindred would need spend seven Vitae..." -- missing a to
    p. 193: "Use the level of the ability he uses; not his highest potential level." -- semicolon should be a comma
    p. 193: "...this manifests at the classic wounds of Christ; on the brow, the wrists..." -- semicolon should be a colon
    p. 194, Marian Apparition: "Contested by: Humanity" -- "Contested by" should be in bold.
    p. 195, The Walls of Jericho: "Sacrament: A horn" -- "Sacrament" should be bold
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-18-2016, 05:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    P. 149: The text from "R is for..." through "...was always open." should be formatted as Shrike speaking.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    Copy-pasting the number makes it turn up as a 9 in other fonts. But I do agree that the font is difficult to read.

Other symbols that for some reason doesn't show up is all the apostrophes throughout the entire text, as far as I checked, as well as the bolded letters in this line on page 152:
    "Then we were on the road. And a muffled voice from the box said, “That wasnt funny.""

The omission of apostrophes might be intentional if the writer isn't supposed to be proficient with English, but I doubt it, and either way they still leave unnatural spaces in the middle of words.

Edit: All of which Yossarian already had pointed out.
    Scripty fonts can get squirrelly with punctuation sometimes, especially "curly" quotation marks / apostrophes, and dashes...but that F+I/L thing is super weird. It does it somewhere else, too, in a different font, which is even weirder.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-13-2016, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    Ah, yeah, I scanned for it before I posted but I didn't spot it in Yossarian's post. Thanks btw, for some reason copy-pasting didn't cross my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Copy-pasting the number makes it turn up as a 9 in other fonts. But I do agree that the font is difficult to read.

Other symbols that for some reason doesn't show up is all the apostrophes throughout the entire text, as far as I checked, as well as the bolded letters in this line on page 152:
    "Then we were on the road. And a muffled voice from the box said, “That wasnt funny.""

The omission of apostrophes might be intentional if the writer isn't supposed to be proficient with English, but I doubt it, and either way they still leave unnatural spaces in the middle of words.

Edit: All of which Yossarian already had pointed out.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    pp. 152-156

The font used is difficult for me to read. I don't know if that applies to anyone else, but I thought I'd mention. A specific thing that I find very difficult to interpret is "room number #" and the # is basically unreadable. Maybe that's intended. It's not 9, which is the number it most closely resembles.

Also, it looks like words that start with "F" in this section lose their first two letters. I saw " nd" for "find," " ame" for "flame," " re" for "fire," but there may be others.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 184: "...only one such monster will be present at a given time; no matter how many times the vampire uses Crúac." -- semicolon should be a comma (or a dash)
    p. 192: Not exactly a mistake, but the Lancea et Sanctum section doesn't get a nifty subtitle in the heading or the page footer.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-13-2016, 03:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MythicFox
    replied
    p. 118: The star and connected note is in an awkward place and likely belongs a couple lines higher, where it would align with the end of a sentence. Also, further down, where the text says: "She smiled at me. “Well, if we're seen together", the bolded parts are in a different font from the surrounding text.

Leave a comment:

• Jadasc
    replied
    p. 8: "Mayor Blasio." — The name of New York's mayor is Bill de Blasio.
    p. 199: "Characters inside a chapterhouse are calmed and collected." — The idiom is "calm and collected."
    Last edited by Jadasc; 12-12-2016, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 14: "While a couple of licks put forward the idea that maybe, just maybe, the Embrace should be limited; the ruling council..." -- semicolon should be a comma
    p. 19: "This is doubly nice; because..." -- semicolon should be a comma
    p. 21: "...than feeling good; and..." -- semicolon should be a comma
    p. 23, sidebar: The apostrophe in the "I'm" of the header is invisible.
    p. 25: "Our sire? Caridad de Flores?" -- wrong font
    p. 33-34: Some of the apostrophes and dashes are invisible in the Dubai story font
    p. 37: "...I'd love to see..." -- wrong font

p. 180: "...needs possess this Merit." -- missing a "to"
    p. 181: "When the Movement conquered Honolulu..." -- the Crone chapter seems to indicate it's an Acolyte city? I might be misreading it.
    p. 181: The first column on the right hand side of the page is out of alignment with the ones under it
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-18-2016, 03:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mistress of whispers
    replied
    P77, text convo: Mikhail's last reply is part of Sarah's bubble

P80 bottom & P81 top: Same email convo repeated

P93 "suffer from rst stage" should be "suffer from first stage"

P98 "Beatrice: But it fell" is not indented

P100 "sleeps under the [blanked out]" looks kinda weird since it's a handwritten document. Maybe put a location there (ie the Colosseum) and black it like they do in redacted government docs.

P100: The interview starts between "Gennaro" and Beatrice, then switches to "Professor Gennaro". For indentation's sake maybe stick to Gennaro, even if that means the transcriber improperly dropped his title.

Leave a comment:

• Jessilaurn
    replied
    p. 194: Temple of Damnation should include as a Prerequisite Lancea et Sanctum Status •.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 3: There are two entries for Cruac Style Merits, as per the doubling on 182.

p. 6: The font used for the handwritten notes on the bottom and right-side of the page ("The French Movement..." and "Sorry to my...") has that thing where the apostrophes are invisible
    p. 11: "Lieu Hanh kept French Kindred advisors, locals viewed outsiders as mostly dangerous." -- needs an and, I think? (or a semicolon)

p. 62: "'What do you know about them?' He scoffed..." -- lowercase
    p. 62: "'We'll need to move.' I said." -- period > comma
    p. 62: "'Get over yourself.' I told him..." -- period > comma
    p. 63: "...and lead Michael past the kine..." -- led
    p. 63: "'Your cult, you mean,' he watched me..." -- comma should be a period; he should be uppercase.
    p. 63: "'What do you know about her?' with a touch of fear..." -- there's a he said missing, I think.
    p. 63: "'...her name is Mae.' I told him..." -- period > comma
    p. 64: "'...Don’t be foolish.' I snapped at him." -- period > comma
    p. 64: "'You're a monster!' He told me again." -- lowercase
    p. 64: "'...never been there myself.” Michael said..." period > comma
    p. 64: "I shook her head." -- my
    p. 65: The paragraph that starts "As always, our great Genius..." -- I think this is supposed to be in italics, like the narrator's other sections; it doesn't seem to be part of the dialogue above
    p. 66: "sneering" -- I think this is supposed to be in the header above, like the other "stage directions"?
    p. 66: "I suppose the most important question is this; do you..." -- semicolon should be a colon
    p. 66: "The Axes’ warning pins the Acolyte..." -- should be Axe's (it doesn't seem to be multiple people, from later context)
    p. 66: "At that point, began the twins telling their story." -- should be the twins began? (might be intended to be the narrator's odd cadence, though)
    p. 67: "...and speaks in whispers to elder." -- missing a the
    p. 68: There's a "Jerome" dialogue header missing above "Jerome reaches over..."

p. 70: "...you are it; for you will..." -- semicolon should be a comma
    p. 70: The footer is a bit hard to see against the white paper
    p. 71: "Especially now —business is booming..." -- should be a space after the dash
    p. 71: "...which, in turn, lead them to Veronica." -- led
    p. 72: "There are tricks for that; but to be honest..." -- semicolon should be a comma
    p. 77: The text on the left scrap is bleeding onto the right scrap where it says "silk."
    p. 79: "...to go behind the Princess’ back, but surely..." -- the word is in the wrong font
    p. 80: "...and me in Belfast, but our minds are still one. Therefore..." -- "me" and "Therefore" aren't in the same font as the surrounding text
    p. 81: "Of course, we must never question..." -- Same font thing as p. 80.
    p. 84: The footer is white on white with the page; looks off
    p. 85: "Girl looks terrible by the way..." -- wrong font again
    p. 88: "She said that 'they'..." -- wrong font
    p. 89: "...but they too fell; wiped out on..." -- semicolon should be a colon or a dash
    p. 89: "Sophia Goldstein is the Invictus electorate of Berlin..." -- should be elector
    p. 93: "...the city, its people..." -- wrong font
    p. 93: "...Kindred suffer from rst stage Krokodil..." -- the F followed by I glitch again
    p. 93: "– I made her show me –" -- both those dashes are invisible in the pdf
    p. 94: "The names on it are real – all lost Kindred..." -- another invisible dash
    p. 96: "Creepy as hell; but..." semicolon should be a comma
    p. 96: "...she didn’t appreciated her/our sire..."
    p. 97: The footer is behind the text, and not very visible. It seems to get lost a lot in this chapter (next page too; is there supposed to be a black outline around the footer text?)
    p. 98: "Beatrice: But it fell." -- The space after the colon should be a tab
    p. 98: "...we transformed along with the timse."
    p. 100: "...still sleeps under the [blanked out]..." -- I think this is supposed to actually be blanked out? It seems odd that the narrator would write that in cursive handwriting, in her diary (there are instances of [blanked out] in Beatrice's transcripts too, so maybe they're all supposed to be obscured?)
    pp. 100-101, transcript: Gennaro becomes Professor Gennaro in the dialogue, and it breaks the alignment of the formatting
    p. 105: "...disappointed to see them go." -- wrong font

Bookmarks: There aren't any bookmarks for "The Trouble with Carmilla" (p. 77) or "Facility 52" (p. 91)
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-13-2016, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Resplendent Fire
    replied
    page 65: "Jerome and Jewel sit stiffly, looking at the floor, showing not the wisdom to watch the Genius as he speaks in order to glean what lessons they can from his words. Jewel is in her mid-twenties, with deep skin and honey-brown eyes."

Deep what skin?

page 68: "Jerome reaches over and takes his sister's hand." does not make it completely clear that Jerome is now the one speaking.
    Last edited by Resplendent Fire; 12-09-2016, 10:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X