Secrets of the Covenants: Hidden Devotions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secrets of the Covenants: Hidden Devotions

For people who want them, here they are.

http://pastebin.com/u/ericateachesnyc
    http://pastebin.com/u/knightchelsea

So, first thoughts. There are a *lot* of Majesty requirements. 4/5 Invictus Devotions and 10/23 Cartthian Devotions require Majesty. It makes my Mekhet sad. Second thought, after skimming them, is wondering if the Devotions are designed to make Celerity beyond the first dot valuable. Third thought is that there is a lot of combat stuff.

I'll do a more thorough review later, after some sleep.

Comment

.22 SOLID!!!

that is all.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
      My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Gowing by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

So, my favorite one is probably Under my Skin. It is horrifying in all the right ways, amd makes me want to play a Daeva with it.

Comment

What are these? I have the book but haven't through it yet. Is this official material or homebrew (not a value judgement, just want to know)?

Comment

Official.

Easter eggs to find these devotions were going to be hidden in the book. The easter eggs never made it in.

Comment

Ah cool, thanks!

Comment

Quick question for STs. Would you allow a player to take Rapidity for Hekireki?

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Not sure if these will receive errata, but thought I should mention - Natural Born Killer says "For the turn, add her Auspex to her Initiative as well as her Celerity as normal." It's not normal to add Celerity to Initiative.

Comment

Sorry for the triple post. Manic Depression is giving me strong Child of Judas vibes. Is there a chance Spina might not be the only Bloodline that was planned for the blog after this book?

Then again, these appear to be Carthian Devotions, and the Children of Judas were a pretty distinctly Sanctified Bloodline in 1e.

Comment

That is a lot of mechanics I wish would have just been included in some form

Comment

The Mekhet I'm running needs Tune In, Tune Out like a moth needs flame...

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
                        Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

A lot of those Devotions doesn't specify their Covenant.

Which Devotions belong to which Covenant?

LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

Comment

It was included in the form of a pastebin.

Also. All of the EricaTeachesNYC ones are Carthian and all of the other ones are Invictus

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                              Quick question for STs. Would you allow a player to take Rapidity for Hekireki?
                              I was about to allow it, but then I reread Hekireki, and this is my answer:

No, because Hekireki says: She cannot use Vitae during this turn for any purpose. To me that means that you're not supposed to spend it for other effects before activating this either, thus making it impossible to have Rapidity infront.

My Bloodline conversions
                              My Houserules
                              Chronicles of Darkness Slack Team exists. PM me for invitation
                              Please comment on all of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X