Weihan Cynn's finale fate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weihan Cynn's finale fate?

so Requiem for Regina is one of my favorite Dark Eras, and the Weihan Cynn are by far my favorite Covenant (the second being the Cult of Augurs). However, as they are presented as an historical Covenant, I believe it means they are not meant to be around my modern times (in canon, at least. If I'll ST a Vampire game, they are all undead and well). On the other hand, I have read the Dark Era a number of times and haven't found any sign for their demise, unlike the Gallows Post (other than the dark future which is hunted to the vampires of the British Empire in general). So- did I missed something and they truly are broken? Or are they still around in modern nights?

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

You can justify them still existing. Even if the covenant was wiped out, one member could have gone into torpor beforehand and kept its secrets to modern nights.

Comment

Just because they're not mentioned in modern times does not mean they don't exist. Their survival might not be official canon, but neither is their disappearance.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

They eventually got folded into the Circle of the Crone at an unspecified time.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
        Work Blog Coming Soon
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          They eventually got folded into the Circle of the Crone at an unspecified time.
          I don't know why, but I can't say I find that option as interesting. It may sound weird, but I prefer a Covenant to be broken by its own right than simply "folded" into a bigger one. I mean, yeah, I assume they do share certain interests, and it does work considering the history of the Circle- but they give me such a different feeling than the last. On the other hand, I am biased, as I don't really like the Circle, while I really love the Wood Witches.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
          I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            I don't know why, but I can't say I find that option as interesting. It may sound weird, but I prefer a Covenant to be broken by its own right than simply "folded" into a bigger one. I mean, yeah, I assume they do share certain interests, and it does work considering the history of the Circle- but they give me such a different feeling than the last. On the other hand, I am biased, as I don't really like the Circle, while I really love the Wood Witches.
            1) Well, since much of this is taste, not much I can say but you do you.

2) I don't know for sure they do, I'm not an authority. However!

3) Given their position of power in in one of the most powerful nations ever and their tendency to connect supernatural powers, it really does strike me that the Weihan Cynn remnants(broken or dwindled) would be a major tentpole and gathering point for the various other cults that finally said "Fuck your God" and reform into the multitude united that we call the Circle of the Crone today, to a point where I don't think it would be out of place to say that a major faction of the Circle is basically the old faithful. I find it immensely unlikely you'd find them outside of the tent, and even more unlikely that they aren't, even in a power, some major tack for the group.

But I love the hell out of the Circle, so.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

Perhaps the Weihan Cynn could have been the Circle's more established partners in Great Britain during its inception, but are now not much more loyal to them than they are to the Invictus or Ordo Dracul. I think they would have adopted Cruac or died trying though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post
                Perhaps the Weihan Cynn could have been the Circle's more established partners in Great Britain during its inception, but are now not much more loyal to them than they are to the Invictus or Ordo Dracul. I think they would have adopted Cruac or died trying though.
                If they still exist in any meaningful way, the former is less likely than the latter. But whatever.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

I see the Weihan Cynn to be almost the core of the Circle, even. So the Circle isn't a bunch of stuff with Weihan Cynn folded in, but Weihan Cynn, as the Empire expanded, folded in other local pagan groups into it, to oppose the heavily Sanctified French Kindred perhaps. In England, perhaps they still refer to the Circle as Weihan Cynn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
                    I see the Weihan Cynn to be almost the core of the Circle, even. So the Circle isn't a bunch of stuff with Weihan Cynn folded in, but Weihan Cynn, as the Empire expanded, folded in other local pagan groups into it, to oppose the heavily Sanctified French Kindred perhaps. In England, perhaps they still refer to the Circle as Weihan Cynn.
                    I see the Fuil Beannaithe in that role, given its geographical origins and the implications that I think I saw in that Marian apparition Theban sorcery miracle (it helps with Cruac for some reason).

Comment

Let's see what funds in DE2.

Rose Bailey
                      Onyx Path Development Producer
                      Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                        Let's see what funds in DE2.
                        I'm going to end up spending a lot more money on this Kickstarter, aren't I? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

CofD booklists:
                        Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

If it's anything like the first, you'll be able to buy the vampire eras only for a pretty good price, or the whole book for a good one.

The hard stuff is getting people to vote for the eras you like. Vampire didn't get any vampire-only eras last time, and they had some nice ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                            If it's anything like the first, you'll be able to buy the vampire eras only for a pretty good price, or the whole book for a good one.

The hard stuff is getting people to vote for the eras you like. Vampire didn't get any vampire-only eras last time, and they had some nice ideas.
                            Oh, I know. I spent a lot because I grabbed one of the 5k expansions. It's going to be very difficult to resist temptation again.

CofD booklists:
                            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                              Oh, I know. I spent a lot because I grabbed one of the 5k expansions. It's going to be very difficult to resist temptation again.
                              Goodness, I bet.

I pulled out halfway through when it looked like Werewolf and Vampire weren't getting any. I didn't like the 'core' Werewolf and the Vampire and Hunter ones were great but couldn't justify the whole book for two sections. The second round of votes werewolf won a bunch and I re-backed. I recall thinking about getting one of the big expansions, but since then the kid's started school and I probably couldn't scrounge up the cash. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X