Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it feasible to hack 1st ed to be like the Underworld series?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lycans are probably best modelled by mashing the werewolf and vampire templates together - shapeshifting, regeneration, silver, and senses from werewolves - disciplines, attribute-pumping, and integrity from vampires - they use vitae, but get it from human flesh rather than vampire blood - and they don't have a power stat.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
      The Lycans are probably best modelled by mashing the werewolf and vampire templates together - shapeshifting, regeneration, silver, and senses from werewolves - disciplines, attribute-pumping, and integrity from vampires - they use vitae, but get it from human flesh rather than vampire blood - and they don't have a power stat.
      What purpose would that serve? Disciplines certainly cover a lot more than what werewolves can do. And I might just not be well versed in Underworld lore, but I don't think they need to eat human flesh period?

Comment

Disciplines cover a lot more than what the vampires can do, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Monalfie View Post
          What purpose would that serve? Disciplines certainly cover a lot more than what werewolves can do. And I might just not be well versed in Underworld lore, but I don't think they need to eat human flesh period?
          I don't know if they need to, but there was a question in the first film, "why would a werewolf be interested in a human except for food." Anyway, they probably should have to get their fuel from somewhere if vampires do, and the Forsaken mythos doesn't seem to suit Underworld at all. The other point of mashing like that is to drive home that the two species are siblings in this setting.

Comment

I think there's a danger of this setting hack being of the "to bits" variety if we try to mimic the movies too much.

Comment

Yeah basically if you're just going for straight Underworld, you don't need most of World of Darkness stuff. Healing, feeding, torpor, shapeshifting, vulnerability to silver and sunlight. You could do that with Dungeons and Dragons.

Comment

You can always just use Dread Powers and Horrors to copy monsters that don't match a template. That might work better.

Comment

Working...
                X