[Bloodline] Fiendish Forms: Tzimisce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bloodline] Fiendish Forms: Tzimisce

And now yet another take on the Tzimisce!

For those of you who aren't following my actual play of Bloodlines as a Requiem chronicle, our players ran into a Tzimisce a while back. We kind of fudged the mechanics, but because Kindred bloodlines are important to our plot, I thought I'd do them up proper. This is a work in progress, as I still need to come up with a Bloodform power; I might take some (more) stuff I created for 13 Licks, but we'll see. Input appreciated as always.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_E...ew?usp=sharing

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
    Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

I like it a lot! It feels very Requiem and Ventrue. Did you have any thoughts for their geographic distribution, or other non-mechanical goodies?

Revlid wrote:
    Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
      I like it a lot! It feels very Requiem and Ventrue. Did you have any thoughts for their geographic distribution, or other non-mechanical goodies?
      I have some thoughts about their background that link them to pre-Roman Slavs...I just have to sit down and write it up!

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin

Comment

As someone who never played oWoD, but playing the Bloodlines game, I've always wanted a good write up on these guys. This is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
          As someone who never played oWoD, but playing the Bloodlines game, I've always wanted a good write up on these guys. This is awesome.
          A Requiem version of the Tzimisce (or more accurately, Vicissitude) has kind of been my white whale since I even started running CofD. I like shapeshifters, what can I say? There are a lot of ways to do it, and I'm still toying with how much to play around with the basic idea, and how much I want to go beyond Masquerade.

Comment

Hey, are you aware that their's a Vampire Translation guide that ports Tzimisce over to requiem? It's official and everything. I mean it only ports to 1e requiem, but that should be easy to update.

Comment

Originally posted by Your3rdShadow View Post
              Hey, are you aware that their's a Vampire Translation guide that ports Tzimisce over to requiem? It's official and everything. I mean it only ports to 1e requiem, but that should be easy to update.
              I am! It's pretty out of date for my purposes, though. I've used its version of Vicissitude in an older chronicle, but I think I modified it even then. The stuff linked in my signature is pretty much all my various attempts to do Translation Guide material in Second Edition.

Comment

Ok, just thought I'd check, I only became aware of it recently myself and thought it might have been helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Your3rdShadow View Post
                  Ok, just thought I'd check, I only became aware of it recently myself and thought it might have been helpful
                  Appreciated nonetheless! I'm often surprised when people haven't heard of it.

Comment

Looks cool, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Well, this certainly saves me work. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

The problem I see with Vicissitude is that it feels like it should be Vigor/Protean based but I'm sure we've had at least 2 Gangrel with Vigor bloodlines so I don't want to add another. Nos or Daeva could both make good parent clans (body horror or obsessive artists) but everyone wants to tie them to Ventrue because of their WoD lore.

Comment

Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
                          The problem I see with Vicissitude is that it feels like it should be Vigor/Protean based but I'm sure we've had at least 2 Gangrel with Vigor bloodlines so I don't want to add another. Nos or Daeva could both make good parent clans (body horror or obsessive artists) but everyone wants to tie them to Ventrue because of their WoD lore.
                          I'm all for more Gangrel bloodlines; they actually have the fewest, if I recall.

This is ultimately more of an attempt to port in the CWoD Tzimisce minus the metaplot/Masquerade setting details (as suits the purposes of my AP, really). If there were to be something official, I'd actually like to see something more like the Khaibit, where it takes inspiration from the old clan, but it does its own thing. You could have a really interesting bloodline of spies, which is a niche the Tzimisce oddly never really seemed to hit upon.

Comment

If you haven't read it, Paul O'Conner's Strigoi is actually an incredibly good requiem revision of the Tzimisce - and comes in two distinct bloodlines for both Ventrue and Nosferatu. I, personally, remade this for my own use at one point (not the story - the mechanics) to be compatible for 2e. Like you, I gave them protean - the Nos and the Ventrue - and had devotions that felt more in line with one of their types use disciplines one side would have - but the devotions were available to both sides, just more common in one than the other due to it being more in path. I believe this is the original - not sure if you can use it, but I've always loved it.

The Strigoi

Comment

Originally posted by Jakondite View Post
                              If you haven't read it, Paul O'Conner's Strigoi is actually an incredibly good requiem revision of the Tzimisce - and comes in two distinct bloodlines for both Ventrue and Nosferatu. I, personally, remade this for my own use at one point (not the story - the mechanics) to be compatible for 2e. Like you, I gave them protean - the Nos and the Ventrue - and had devotions that felt more in line with one of their types use disciplines one side would have - but the devotions were available to both sides, just more common in one than the other due to it being more in path. I believe this is the original - not sure if you can use it, but I've always loved it.

The Strigoi
                              I like the Strigoi quite a bit. It's a neat take on the two sides of the clan. I don't think I've ever used their mechanics, but I have this feeling I name-dropped them in a chronicle at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X