[Bloodline] Fiendish Forms: Tzimisce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakondite View Post
    If you haven't read it, Paul O'Conner's Strigoi is actually an incredibly good requiem revision of the Tzimisce - and comes in two distinct bloodlines for both Ventrue and Nosferatu. I, personally, remade this for my own use at one point (not the story - the mechanics) to be compatible for 2e. Like you, I gave them protean - the Nos and the Ventrue - and had devotions that felt more in line with one of their types use disciplines one side would have - but the devotions were available to both sides, just more common in one than the other due to it being more in path. I believe this is the original - not sure if you can use it, but I've always loved it.

The Strigoi
    Hmm, was this written before the Strix were a thing? I assumed so because I couldn't find the word Strix there.

In that case, let's see... We have a bloodline with the same namesake as the infamous Owls. Now, let's look back in some of the more disliked bits of VtM lore, where Vicissitude is a manifestation of alien parasites, called Souleaters. Aliens in WoD are generally assumed to be something similar in nature to Umbrood, aka spirits. Now let's remember that the Strix are also something similar to spirits, but different. They have Breath-Eating abilities, and in older myths the words "soul", "life" and "breath" are often used interchangeably.

This all fits perfectly together. The Strigoi must be a bloodline of vampires infected by the smoke-and-blood pseudomatter of the Dark Places that the Strix are spawned from!

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Hmm, was this written before the Strix were a thing? I assumed so because I couldn't find the word Strix there.

In that case, let's see... We have a bloodline with the same namesake as the infamous Owls. Now, let's look back in some of the more disliked bits of VtM lore, where Vicissitude is a manifestation of alien parasites, called Souleaters. Aliens in WoD are generally assumed to be something similar in nature to Umbrood, aka spirits. Now let's remember that the Strix are also something similar to spirits, but different. They have Breath-Eating abilities, and in older myths the words "soul", "life" and "breath" are often used interchangeably.

This all fits perfectly together. The Strigoi must be a bloodline of vampires infected by the smoke-and-blood pseudomatter of the Dark Places that the Strix are spawned from!

Well, that would be because the Strix are, in fact, not Strigoi :-p Strigoi are the romanian word for vampires. Strix, or Striges, are a roman phenomena regarding owls of ill omen - while they use the same etymology enough to be referenced together in wiki pages, they are actually two separate things as far as I can tell. I'd be more concerned about the name "Strigoi VII" and it's ties with VII than with Strix :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Jakondite View Post

Well, that would be because the Strix are, in fact, not Strigoi :-p Strigoi are the romanian word for vampires. Strix, or Striges, are a roman phenomena regarding owls of ill omen - while they use the same etymology enough to be referenced together in wiki pages, they are actually two separate things as far as I can tell. I'd be more concerned about the name "Strigoi VII" and it's ties with VII than with Strix :-p
        Huh. Guess I learn something new every day. Still, it's still fun to think they are related.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Working...
        X