Homebrew Zirnitra Scales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebrew Zirnitra Scales

I've been doing a little bit of toying with some ideas I've had for Zirnitra scales, and wouldn't mind some input:

Scales of Zirnitra

Of note, I keep going back and forth on if Spectral Transfusion should need a higher prerequisite. On one hand, most universal-dispel type abilities have been high level in the past, but on the other, the use of it is primarily suited for willing participants, ending afflictions and such, and requires a bit of time, unlike the more typical 'instant action to end a power' you'd get otherwise. Plus, it requires a Wyrm's Nest.

But anyway, any input is appreciated!

Edit: Also forgot about contracts of abjuration from a crossover standpoint. 2 dots to instantaneously do the same thing. So maybe it's fine as is.
    Last edited by falco1029; 01-13-2017, 02:34 PM.

My CofD Homebrew

Can you change the document permissions? I can't access it from the link.

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Comment

Thought I had, sorry! Done.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

I like them. They do seem to fit the spirit of Zirnitra, though I would tweak them downward in power a bit.

I would probably have Spectral Transfusion cause Vinculum and/or Vitae addiction as normal being a 1st dot Scale.

Blood solution probably shouldn't be storable for a month per dot of BP for various reasons such as the rapid loss of potency of Vitae outside of a body and also because it's a way longer duration than most Blood Sorceries.

Inexorable Power is extremely broad, it is intended to affect one roll only?

Comment

Originally posted by Rathamus View Post
          I like them. They do seem to fit the spirit of Zirnitra, though I would tweak them downward in power a bit.

I would probably have Spectral Transfusion cause Vinculum and/or Vitae addiction as normal being a 1st dot Scale.

Blood solution probably shouldn't be storable for a month per dot of BP for various reasons such as the rapid loss of potency of Vitae outside of a body and also because it's a way longer duration than most Blood Sorceries.

Inexorable Power is extremely broad, it is intended to affect one roll only?
          Spectral Transfusion comes off the second dot, for what it's worth. And I didn't have it cause those because it's not an actual consumption, so I wasn't sure if it made sense. I can think on that a bit though.

Blood Solution I could probably tweak down to a week per BP, you may be right, it does seem a bit much since it's fairly broad in use.

Inexorable power works on any roll for the night, but I figure, 3 aggravated damage means effectively costing 15 Vitae, along with of course the long prep work and the need of a Wyrm's Nest. But maybe I could limit it to something like (Dragon's BP + Coil of Zirnitra) rolls in that night? That way it's most effective for those that DO meet the prereq, still likely providing plenty of uses in that case, but fewer for those just buying high level scales from coils they don't plan to study.

My CofD Homebrew

Comment

Working...
          X