No announcement yet.

Your preferred Banes and nullified breaking points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some effects of Carthian Law and Invictus Oaths use willpower dots.

Comment

You are right, 2E Embrace does not comsume Willpower. I'm sorry for my faulty memory. This leaves me a bit more hesitant, although I still rather dislike forbidding bane nullification of any breaking point short of diablerie.

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
        Some effects of Carthian Law and Invictus Oaths use willpower dots.
        True but the willpower is still there it's just occupied powering the Law or Oath, once it's done you get it back.

Originally posted by Irioth View Post
        You are right, 2E Embrace does not comsume Willpower. I'm sorry for my faulty memory. This leaves me a bit more hesitant, although I still rather dislike forbidding bane nullification of any breaking point short of diablerie.
        Understandable, I would justify it by saying that as it replaces something you can't replace with a bane you still can't if I needed to but depending on the story I might say you could (or that a scale exists that allows it).

Comment

Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
          True but the willpower is still there it's just occupied powering the Law or Oath, once it's done you get it back.
          Yes, but in the meantime, you have (at least) one less willpower point from your total to spend so long as it is in effect. And I know one ST who counts it as a -1 to any and all checks that use Resolve or Composure while in effect.

Comment

That's definitely a house rule. I don't recall Willpower as a stat being used in any rolls at all.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

I'm having to remember off the top of my head here but I really liked my Rat King Nosferatu I had once. I think he also had an aversion to Garlic and I think Face Of Hunger. I convinced my ST to let me start out with the Rat King bane and then he caught on that I was trying to collect Banes and stopped me from taking them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Jub-Jub View Post
                I'm having to remember off the top of my head here but I really liked my Rat King Nosferatu I had once. I think he also had an aversion to Garlic and I think Face Of Hunger. I convinced my ST to let me start out with the Rat King bane and then he caught on that I was trying to collect Banes and stopped me from taking them.
                Why would he stop you?? If had a player who wanted to collect banes with none of the benefits just for fun, I'd let them take them all. More banes = more stuff to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

Why would he stop you?? If had a player who wanted to collect banes with none of the benefits just for fun, I'd let them take them all. More banes = more stuff to work with.
                  i don't think I was playing the same game the rest of the players wanted to be honest. While everyone else was playing vampire politics I was playing the classic style Nosferatu(as in he looked like the one from the movie) who joined the Ordo Dracul as a means to try to cure his condition and be with a former loved one. Only I wanted the loved one to end up becoming a Hunter and staking my guy through the heart. It was a very personal story I was telling and I wanted my guy to seem as monsterous as possible, to the point that he gives up on his humanity and embraces the beast fully and has to be put down. Everyone else wanted to discuss feeding ground rights, the return of a powerful elder and a potential inter covenant war, I wanted to be a tragic monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Jub-Jub View Post

i don't think I was playing the same game the rest of the players wanted to be honest. While everyone else was playing vampire politics I was playing the classic style Nosferatu(as in he looked like the one from the movie) who joined the Ordo Dracul as a means to try to cure his condition and be with a former loved one. Only I wanted the loved one to end up becoming a Hunter and staking my guy through the heart. It was a very personal story I was telling and I wanted my guy to seem as monsterous as possible, to the point that he gives up on his humanity and embraces the beast fully and has to be put down. Everyone else wanted to discuss feeding ground rights, the return of a powerful elder and a potential inter covenant war, I wanted to be a tragic monster.
                    I'm just imagining "Lacrimosa" playing dramatically while you are lamenting your fate as a hideous beast, and everybody else just snapping their fingers and saying "hey Prince of Darkness calm the fuck down, we're discussing who gets to feed in what neighborhood over here."

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

I'm just imagining "Lacrimosa" playing dramatically while you are lamenting your fate as a hideous beast, and everybody else just snapping their fingers and saying "hey Prince of Darkness calm the fuck down, we're discussing who gets to feed in what neighborhood over here."
                      You're not far from the truth... We didn't have any background music.

Comment

Working...
                      X