Half-Damned in Red Lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Damned in Red Lines

That seemed faster then I expected honestly, which suggests a medium to smaller sized book.

I look forward to this book.

Rather than it being a small book, I would assume this is an indication that they're back in the saddle.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Yeah, Half-Damned is 100,000 words.

Rose Bailey
      Onyx Path Development Producer
      Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

How many was Secrets of the Covenants? I've a hard time visualizing book size in words.

Comment

That... sounds like a lot! By comparison, how many words is the core rule book?

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            How many was Secrets of the Covenants? I've a hard time visualizing book size in words.

Also 100k.

Originally posted by The Sword Emperor View Post
            That... sounds like a lot! By comparison, how many words is the core rule book?
            It was around 220k.

Rose Bailey

Comment

So, any hints as to anything that may show up that's...unexpected, in a book about Dhampirs?

Comment

Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                So, any hints as to anything that may show up that's...unexpected, in a book about Dhampirs?
                I don't think it's about dhampirs. It'll include them, but I think it's about all manner of semi-vampire things. Dhampirs, ghouls, revenants, etc.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                  I don't think it's about dhampirs. It'll include them, but I think it's about all manner of semi-vampire things. Dhampirs, ghouls, revenants, etc.
                  Yes, that's correct.

Rose Bailey

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait!

Italian nuisance. English is my second language, so be patient!

My homebrew:
                    [VtR 2e] Light From a Dead Star: Rome
                    [WtF 2e] The Past Is Another Country: Rome

Comment

Crauc Gods and Void Creatures from SofC are semivampires as well, I wonder if blood sorcery none kindred vampires will get mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                        Crauc Gods and Void Creatures from SofC are semivampires as well, I wonder if blood sorcery none kindred vampires will get mentioned.
                        I'd be pretty suprised, they're not really significant creatures within the setting, just products of a couple specific Cruac abilities.

Comment

What I mean what more a statement on vamperic creations of blood sorcery in general, not specific creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                            What I mean what more a statement on vamperic creations of blood sorcery in general, not specific creatures.
                            Oh, gotcha. Yeah, something like that might be cool. I've got my fingers crossed for a 2e update to Gargoyles, personally.

Comment

There's an argument to be made that things born of blood sorcery are entirely of the Blood (and thus "wholly damned"), where the premise of the book seems to be more about entities whose natures are more... divided. While I'd also like to see more about beings tied to blood sorcery, and more of them, this doesn't quite seem to be the place. There's always room for pleasant surprises, though.
                              - - -
                              Glad to see that this's moving right along... I'm curious to see where dhampirs wind up going in 2e, and if ghoul families* and crone-independent mandragora might make an appearance again. And whether the Neglatu might show up somewhere in the revenant section, come to think of it. Sure we already have the rules, but it would be nice to see a 2e bloodline printed in a supplement and that would seem like a fitting detail to include for the poor starving things.

*Maybe even animal ghoul families, if we're really lucky... There's something interesting about the idea of a vampire making an unliving breeding pets specifically for their kin. If they don't show up, though, it'd be easy enough to whip up some rules on the fly.

Have a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing posts after, well, posting them. Bear with me...

Comment

Working...
                              X