Half-Damned in Red Lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
    So would it be fair to say that they're no longer walking tutelary curses, but still a walking demonstration of how vampires are their own biggest reason for why they can''t have nice things?
    That's about right, yeah.

Rose Bailey
    Onyx Path Development Producer
    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Dampyirs are new to VtR 2e, but Ghouls and, Reverants have rules already for playing them, so I'm curious as to what this book will add to them.

Honestly I don't see any advantages to being a reverant over a Ghoul or full Vampires

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
        Dampyirs are new to VtR 2e, but Ghouls and, Reverants have rules already for playing them, so I'm curious as to what this book will add to them.

Honestly I don't see any advantages to being a reverant over a Ghoul or full Vampires
        I don't think there are supposed to be any advantages. Just a different story to tell.
        Last edited by TGUEIROS; 01-20-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
          I don't think there are supposed to be any advantages. Just a different story to tell.
          Good point. But what makes Reverants half vampires instead of simply broken vampires?

Comment

They can get Vitae on their own.

They're more like proto-vampires. But Proto-Damned is a weird title.
            Last edited by nofather; 01-20-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
              They can get Vitae on their own.

They're more like proto-vampires. But Proto-Damned is a weird title.
              Lol, excellent point!

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Good point. But what makes Reverants half vampires instead of simply broken vampires?
                Broken implies once whole, while a revenant only partly made it to being a kindred. Kindred are the Damned. Revenants and ghouls are "halfway" to being Kindred.

Comment

Yeah, the title is more poetic than literally suggesting Ghouls and Revenants are half-vampire.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

are Larvae going to be a thing in second ed or have they largely been replaced by revenants?

Comment

I can't wait for the dhampir rules so I have a Deva PC in a New Wave Requiem campaign sing "Sire Don't Screech"

Kindred Do It Better.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Here's hoping for some more depth to animal ghouls and mandrakes. Always a huge fan of those.

Comment

Working...
                        X