X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LithiumDhalia
    started a topic Claimed Vampire

Claimed Vampire

So I'm currently in a game where my character is going to be possessed and claimed by an Inferno demon, however myself and the GM are at a loss when it comes to applying the template and the powers ect that the character should have, so basically, help please ! :')

• LithiumDhalia
    replied
    The demon is as follows

Rank 2
    Influence 2 (Pride)
    Power 4 Finesse 4 Resistance 4
    Size 5
    Willpower 8
    Initiative 8
    Defense 4
    Speed 13
    Corpus 9

Numina: Blast, Essence Thief
    Manifestations: Twilight Form, Materialize, Possess, Claim, Fetter

Ban: Cannot harm a person who has confessed to a priest in the past week.

Bane: Can be killed by a weapon made from a Lion, Peacock or Horse.

He either appears as the perfect version of someone or a twisted version, therefore his appearance is in the of the beholder.
    He finds the mortal plight entertaining and will often sit back laughing before acting.
    Last edited by LithiumDhalia; 01-22-2017, 09:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    With a full Claiming, the mutations would be pretty overt for the most part. The thing is some demons can look pretty humanoid, so it might just be a twistedly evil-looking vampire, rather than a vampire with flaming wings and bull horns who leaves bloody hoofprints behind them.

I think the Beast would probably offer the most resistance. In Eddie's example, the demon's hatred for losing control manifests in a bonus to resisting frenzies, but not just getting rid of frenzies altogether. The demon is basically taking over a sort of flawed host, so I'd let it deal with the repercussions of the Beast.

There's others who are much better at building this kind of thing mechanically than I am, notably Reighnhell, you can see his thread here, but I'd be willing to help. Can you tell us more about the demon?

Leave a comment:

• LithiumDhalia
    replied
    One thing I've been thinking on is how drastic the mutations are. Is it dependant on what the claiming entity looked like in the first place, which ends up looking like a combination of the host body and the spirit or ?
    Also another thing I have been thinking on is, what happens to the Kindred's beast? does it get suppressed inside? does the demon/spirit bind with it also ?

I also require help updating the Pride powers to 2E, I have some problems updating things D: and also Dread Powers if they need updating?

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by Blakemikizuki View Post
    I could have sworn it was a merger?
    It is a merger. The spirit joins with the human's body. They're no longer two beings, but the spirit and its obsessions are in charge. The human's memories remain, but are just there for points of reference for the spirit in its new world. The personality only exists as much as the spirit wants it. A greedy businessman or hatemonger Claimed by a spirit of Avarice or Hate might not seem very different, except they've stopped having a life outside of that. A human Claimed by a Fire spirit is going to be really different and likely alien from anything once resembling humanity.

Leave a comment:

• Sconce
    replied
    It doesn't seem to quite be a merger; the ephemeral being is still "separate" enough that it can choose to detach itself, albeit at a penalty and actively contested by the "host" (the host even using the attribute boosts they get from the merger in the roll). The vibe I get is... it's kind of like drawing two images right next to each other, then taking a smudging tool to them until, while you can still tell there's two separate images, it's hard to tell exactly where one stops and the other starts. A rough analogy at best, but anything related to ephemeral creatures is weird and hazy.
    Last edited by Sconce; 01-21-2017, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Werewolf 2E might have some more information but CofD core is vague. However, the resultant creature does gain both Virtue and Vice which implies it is at least mostly the ephemeral entity.

Leave a comment:

• Blakemikizuki
    replied
    I could have sworn it was a merger?

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by Marcus View Post
    Could you just tell me some example because a vampire claimed by a Demon should be so powerful? This idea intrigue me so much

A demon by itself don't seems so scary compared to a vampire. But I haven't a great experience about demon so I could be completely wrong.
    Ephemeral entities are very powerful, there does seem to be an underestimation of their abilities. But a vampire claimed by a demon would have the powers and knowledge of the vampire and none of the weaknesses.

Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post
    So how exactly does claiming work? Does the spirit crush the person's will, or is it a merging of minds as well?
    It crushes their will, the spirit or demon is fully in charge.
    Last edited by nofather; 01-21-2017, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ever Professional
    replied
    So how exactly does claiming work? Does the spirit crush the person's will, or is it a merging of minds as well?

Leave a comment:

• Marcus
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    A fully Claimed vampire, by a demon, would be very powerful, so you don't really have to skimp on the power scale.
    Could you just tell me some example because a vampire claimed by a Demon should be so powerful? This idea intrigue me so much

A demon by itself don't seems so scary compared to a vampire. But I haven't a great experience about demon so I could be completely wrong.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    I think you could use some of the gifts granted by Pride demons in the demon pact section of Inferno and make some Dread Powers off of that. A fully Claimed vampire, by a demon, would be very powerful, so you don't really have to skimp on the power scale.

If the demon is causing a lot of trouble the werewolves might declare a sacred hunt and kill it, exorcise the demon, or trap the demon elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• LithiumDhalia
    replied
    The demon is a Pride demon and it will indeed claim the character.

I read the night horrors bit about Eddie and was more at a loss than anything, mostly because I think those powers or unique to the demon inhabiting him, some could be universal.
    I like the idea of dread powers! the problem is where to draw the line.

I was actually talking to one of the other players how that Uratha tribe could cause complications. It's not likely to ever come up in the game we are currently playing, but it could in future games or possibly an after game story.

Leave a comment:

• Pale_Crusader
    replied
    If you have CofD or MtA 2nd Ed and just lack WtF 2nd Ed here is the Claimed Condition

CLAIMED CONDITION
    Originally posted by WtF 2nd Ed Pg 191
    A Claimed object, corpse, creature, or person is permanently possessed and merges with the spirit involved. Unlike victims of Possess, a living Claimed isn’t put into a fugue state, but remains mentally active while his soul and the Claiming spirit merge together over the course of several days. During the period of fusion, the subject is under all the effects of the Urged Condition, described above. Once per day, starting with the moment the Claimed Condition is created, add one dot of the spirit’s Attributes to the host’s, permanently raising them.
    Power may be assigned to Strength, Intelligence, or Presence, Finesse to Wits, Dexterity, or Manipulation, and Resistance to Stamina, Composure, or Resolve. The host’s physical form begins to mutate, taking on an appearance influenced by the original host and the spirit.
    Claimed corpses add dots to Attributes as above, but start with all Mental and Social Attributes at 0. Inanimate objects begin with Dexterity 0, but use Structure and Durability instead of Strength and also start the claiming process with all Mental and Social Attributes at 0. Corpses and inanimate hosts don’t spend the claiming period under the Urged Condition, having no minds of their own to warp.
    Claimed may use the spirit’s Influences, but not Numina or Manifestation Effects. They may develop unique Dread Powers (p. 210). From the moment the Claimed Condition starts, the spirit is safe from Essence bleed. The hybrid being that results has the spirit’s Essence trait, ban, and bane, but is a material being. Claimed that were once spirits may cross the Gauntlet at a Locus with a successful Intelligence + Presence roll. Claimed that were inanimate objects are fully animate, fusions of spiritual power, metal, and plastic.
    Causing the Condition: This Condition is created by a spirit using the Claim Manifestation Effect.
    Ending the Condition: Claim is permanent in living hosts unless the spirit decides to detach itself, rolling its original Power + Finesse penalized by its own Rank and contested by the Claimed host’s Resolve + Composure — including any dots gained from being Claimed. If the spirit succeeds, it separates from the host. Former hosts are physically and mentally scarred — their physical appearance changes back at the same rate it mutated and the extra Attribute dots fade at a rate of two per day. The Essence trait and any Dread Powers the Claimed developed immediately vanish.
    In nonliving hosts, Claim is only temporary — once the Claim has fully formed, the host loses one dot of a Physical Attribute (or equivalent for formerly inanimate objects) per three days. When any of these Attributes reaches 0, the host disintegrates and the spirit is released into Twilight.

The two aforementioned books have the Ephemeral Entity rules but lack that part of the Condition tree. Please note there is an entire tree of prerequisite Conditions that are required before this level of Manifestation can take place. I underlined somethings important to keep in mind.

An Inferno Demon Claiming is a pretty big deal because of how terrifying the resulting being is, along with the likely horrific compulsion caused by its Ban. What Sin does the Demon represent?

(Side note there is an entire Tribe of Forsaken Werewolves that have Claimed as their Sacred Hunt)
    Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 01-20-2017, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    There's a possessed vampire in Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners, Eddie Vines.

Worth keeping in mind Possessing and Claiming are very different things. Eddie is Possessed, he has the demon inside him and sometimes it takes charge and does things he's not entirely aware of. In exchange, he gets a few powers, but most notably he's immune to the damage from sunlight and can walk about in the sun freely. His other benefits a +2 to resist all Frenzies, may reroll failed dice on a Perception roll, Striking Looks 4, gaining a bonus to all Strength rolls equal to 7 minus his Humanity, gain a bonus to Health equal to 10 minus his Humanity. I believe that these were made using the rules in the Inferno book.

But with a Claiming, the victim remains mentally active 'while his soul and the Claiming spirit merge together over the course of several days. During the period of fusion, the subject is under all the effects of the Urged Condition, described above (this is the Werewolf book). Once per day, starting with the moment the Claimed Condition is created, add one dot of the spirit's Attributes to the host's, permanently raising them. Power may be assigned to Strength, Intelligence, or Presence, Finesse to Wits, Dexterity, or Manipulation, and Resistance to Stamina, Composure, or Resolve. The host's physical form begins to mutate, taking on an appearance influenced by the original host and the spirit.'

A Claimed would then use Dread Powers, like Hypnotic Gaze, Piercing Mind, and so forth. It might help if we knew what kind of an Inferno demon it was. A fire-oriented demon might be able to breathe fire or turn into a fire elemental-like being.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X