No announcement yet.

What's with the Ordo Dracul and boxing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the Ordo Dracul and boxing?

In the 2ED book there has been some emphasis on the Ordo Dracul and underground boxing circles, what is the connection exactly? Do they run them to fund their crazy God-defying experiments? Does it actually have to do with their occult research?

Check out the Rites of the Impaled sometimes. Dragons push themselves in extreme ways to test their boundries. Underground fighting is just one of those ways.

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
      Check out the Rites of the Impaled sometimes. Dragons push themselves in extreme ways to test their boundries. Underground fighting is just one of those ways.
      I don't see much challenge in that if most of your opponents are going to be mere mortals, but thanks for the answer.

Comment

It's not just testing combat skill, but the ability of the human body, which vampires still have. How much pressure to make bones break, how people can surpass pain to inflict it. There's few better ways to observe the body in action at its most brutal, taking pain and dishing it out. There's also the psychology.

It is also not something they might participate in, but build around them, better to observe and experiment.

Comment

Well, there's more to it than just strength. Its about lasting without giving into the Beast, its about pushing to look human at the same time, its about honing your physical talents and skills, and more. Some might fight during the day while fighting off daysleep. Others might challenge themselves while hungry and a test to keep the violence in check, and not using vitae. There might be special matches where only other vampires and ghouls fight, or even other supernaturals, the crowd unaware of the fighters' true natures. And so on.

Comment

Transcending damnation isn't just a mental or spiritual exercise -- it's about breaking down the very idea of your own limitations. And testing your body, learning to use it better, is part of that. Some Dragons see athleticism and pugilism as ways to know themselves better, and to own their own dead bodies.

Rose Bailey
            Onyx Path Development Producer
            Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
              Transcending damnation isn't just a mental or spiritual exercise -- it's about breaking down the very idea of your own limitations. And testing your body, learning to use it better, is part of that. Some Dragons see athleticism and pugilism as ways to know themselves better, and to own their own dead bodies.
              Senpai noticed me!

Comment

Boxing is also the sweet science, and what are the Ordo if not scientists?

No, I'm actually being serious. Boxing is an endurance test that requires knowledge of your limits and a good head for tactics.

I can also see Ordo members being big fans of chessboxing.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

If you've never tried to punch someone else in the face while they're trying to do the same to you, it's difficult to understand. When you practice it though, you learn a ton about your own body and it's strengths/weaknesses, as well as your own mental fortitude and how to manipulate the other guy's mind as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X