Sacraments & Blasphemies - Motifs for Alternate Blood Sorceries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacraments & Blasphemies - Motifs for Alternate Blood Sorceries

As a result of some recent discussions about Secrets of the Covenants, I picked up Sacraments & Blasphemies yesterday and am seriously digging its alternate take on blood sorcery. I'm wondering what some motifs for alternate blood sorceries would be. For example, I would replace Theban Sorcery's judgemental motif with a solar motif to simulate the magic of the Bak-Ra... while the blood sorcery can by no means create or alter sunlight, Ra's journey's through the Underworld, the rising and the setting of the sun, and the harsh unyielding eye over the desert all can be invoked by the Bak-Ra's rituals.

Thoughts? And does anyone have ideas for other blood sorcery motifs throughout the world? I'm particularly curious about the motifs for Kigan, although I suspect that MachineIV has that figured out since he contributed to both books.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean

I do not have the book but that sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
      As a result of some recent discussions about Secrets of the Covenants, I picked up Sacraments & Blasphemies yesterday and am seriously digging its alternate take on blood sorcery. I'm wondering what some motifs for alternate blood sorceries would be. For example, I would replace Theban Sorcery's judgemental motif with a solar motif to simulate the magic of the Bak-Ra... while the blood sorcery can by no means create or alter sunlight, Ra's journey's through the Underworld, the rising and the setting of the sun, and the harsh unyielding eye over the desert all can be invoked by the Bak-Ra's rituals.

Thoughts? And does anyone have ideas for other blood sorcery motifs throughout the world? I'm particularly curious about the motifs for Kigan, although I suspect that MachineIV has that figured out since he contributed to both books.
      I never really considered Kigan using those rules. I did write an alternate system for Kigan though. I don't really see Kigan as inherently compatible with other sorceries, since it comes from a different place of power. I just modeled it with Cruac because of space, and it's the closest thing in feel.

David A Hill Jr
      Freelance Writer
      Independent Game Designer

Comment

I'd like a nature-oriented one that focused on plants. Mandragora and lacrima gardens and other things. There's a few bloodlines that get into it, primarily the Adroanzi. And Cruac itself gets into it but a more focused thing.

Poison Ivy fits the Crone so well.

Comment

Originally posted by MachineIV View Post

I never really considered Kigan using those rules. I did write an alternate system for Kigan though. I don't really see Kigan as inherently compatible with other sorceries, since it comes from a different place of power. I just modeled it with Cruac because of space, and it's the closest thing in feel.
          Hmm, so it occurs to me that if I'm using Sacrements & Blasphemies rules for Cruac, the best way to represent Kigan could be to let them use the regular Cruac rules that purchases individual rites. The two systems are recognizably similar yet totally different after all.

CofD booklists:
          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean

Comment

If I could ask, how well do threnodies work in 2nd edition?

Comment

Working...
            X