Vampire Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire Questions

1. What supernaturals can vampires feed from?
    2. Are there any side effects for said feedings esp for mages and changelings.
    3. Can mages be embraced?If so I'm assuming they lose the connection to the supernal and become plain vampires.

Not sure about 1e, but for 2e:

1. Without the merit the only other supernaturals they can feed from are ghouls and vampires.
    2. With the merit those creature's blood counts as vampire blood for higher BP vampires.
    3. Mages cannot be embraced. No major template can change into another template.

Comment

Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post
      3. Mages cannot be embraced. No major template can change into another template.
      Forsaken can become Pure.

Mages can't be Embraced, as written, but it certainly seems like an interesting plot device.

Comment

1. The ones with blood in them. They count as human blood, unless the vampire has the corresponding Unnatural Affinity Merit, in which case it satisfies like drinking Kindred blood.
        2. Promethean blood is half as filling as actual human blood, and tastes unpleasant and raw. Changeling blood can temporarily cause more vibrant feelings, like being alive again, as well as inducing hallucinations. I believe werewolf blood roils the Beast and makes frenzy more likely while it remains in the system, but I may be confusing Requiem with Masquerade there. The blood of a fallen angel in human guise is indistinguishable from normal human blood, except that while it remains in your system, it causes weird anomalies, something like a temporary bane.
        3. No, they just die because you drained all the blood out of them in the process, and then they are corpses.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          And vice-versa. But that's not even a comparable change - Forsaken and Pure are both just subtypes of the Uratha template.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Mages can't be Embraced, as written, but it certainly seems like an interesting plot device.
            I wasn't counting Pure or Forsaken as separate major templates; I figured they were subsets of the same tenplate.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thomas View Post
              1. What supernaturals can vampires feed from?
              2. Are there any side effects for said feedings esp for mages and changelings.
              3. Can mages be embraced?If so I'm assuming they lose the connection to the supernal and become plain vampires.

1 They can feed on anything with blood.. Unnatural affinity merit is to allow BP 6 vampires to feed on things that they normally can't.
              2 There are a lot of 1E rules that many people ( including myself) use for 2E side effects.
              3. As a plot device: They would lose all Mage template stuff and become plain vampires. Though I might give them some flavor.

Changeling blood is like dropping acid and allows you to see through changeling masks
              Werewolf blood gives you 2.5 vitae for 1 but it also gives you a -1 penalty per vitae taken on frenzy checks to hold in the rage
              Promethean blood tastes like crap and gives you .5 for every 1
              Vampires is 1 for 1 and addictive, gives you a high
              Mages is 1 for 1
              ghouls is also 1 for 1
              sin-eaters ( not sure if this is houserule or cannon ) gives you 1 for 1 but allows you to see ghosts and such as they do and tastes like dead blood.
              Demons while in their cover are 100% human, so 1 for 1 again there. no special stuff -- in demon form that's up to the ST
              Last edited by Vitalis; 02-16-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

First edition's werewolf blood gave you a -2 penalty to resist Frenzy for two nights per Health consumed, not Vitae.

Also Vitae from mages caused a derangement for one night per Vitae consumed, which would now be a Condition.

Comment

First edition's werewolf blood gave you a -2 penalty to resist Frenzy for two nights per Health consumed, not Vitae.

Also Vitae from mages caused a derangement for one night per Vitae consumed, which would now be a Condition.

Awesome Thanks! I wasn't sure about mages and it seems I was remembering wolves incorrectly.

Though if you did 1 Lethal and got 2 vitae. It's still a -1 per vitae taken. In both cases the number is -2 I always dropped the .5 anyway since... what do you do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vitalis View Post
                    Though if you did 1 Lethal and got 2 vitae. It's still a -1 per vitae taken. In both cases the number is -2 I always dropped the .5 anyway since... what do you do with it?
                    We rounded down. It was rare that only one Lethal would be taken, I really try to play up how good it is plus I tend to run the players pretty hard so they end up using a lot of Vitae.

Comment

We rounded down. It was rare that only one Lethal would be taken, I really try to play up how good it is plus I tend to run the players pretty hard so they end up using a lot of Vitae.

It's actually pretty awesome. We house rule (because of another thread in here somewhere ) That if you feed from a werewolf nicely, slow and steady, that they don't take Lethal damage like a kindred. Wolves heal so fast and if you take .5 L you would get 1.25 vitae and you can't really take a half of a damage, so we round down on both accounts. But that is only if you take your time, pretty much if they allow it. but if you are sucking out 10 Lethal a turn, well their super healing can't compete with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X