Feeding at high BP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vitalis View Post

I have two vampires over 6BP and in both cases I found that the perversion was easiest, but then for my BP 10 vampire I have taken unnatural affinity for werewolves and changelings as it was hard for the vampire to maintain full vitae

The difficulty in this is that it assumes Werewolves and Changelings even exist in your world. If you're just doing Blue Book + Vampire, then the only things unnatural affinity work for are ghosts, spirits, maybe the God Machine Angels, and Strix.

And feeding from ephemeral beings can sometimes be more difficult than perversion, or sorcery.

Comment

About the werewolf thing though, It depends on your ST if you can befriend a wolf, it might make things easier. So you wouldn't have to hunt them down and feed violently, but you could call in a favor or pay them or something..
      An excellent example of this would be the Dead Wolves bloodline from Shadows of Mexico that are members of werewolf packs. Imagine local Hispanic vampires who have a heart for their community backed by the werewolf pack they are directly related to, Diablerizing all the Gringo vampires attempting to invade their little slice of the world taking Unnatural Affinity so they can be the old members of a multi-generational pack dating back to the Aztecs. The spirit and werewolf savvy/loyal Elders that could produce would be stifling to younger vampires, prompting younger vampire migration from that area.

Not that the Dead Wolves have a monopoly on that tactic, it seems rather common for the Mexican vampires to have alliances with werewolves. And given the broader definition of 'Pack' in Second edition werewolf, it is likely that there would be packs with vampires of many different bloodlines.
      Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 02-22-2017, 12:44 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
      "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

The difficulty in this is that it assumes Werewolves and Changelings even exist in your world. If you're just doing Blue Book + Vampire, then the only things unnatural affinity work for are ghosts, spirits, maybe the God Machine Angels, and Strix.

And feeding from ephemeral beings can sometimes be more difficult than perversion, or sorcery.

That's why it would entirely depend on what you and your story teller are going through.

I have been playing the game with my serial diablerist for 2+ years almost on a daily basis and the other one I played for 3 years but it came to an end we needed variety to keep the game flowing. Anyway, there was everything. Assuming CofD+Vampire are the only things in my world is a terrible assumption. I know that "my world" and "your world" are very very different worlds which is absolutely ok.

Comment

That's why it would entirely depend on what you and your story teller are going through.

I have been playing the game with my serial diablerist for 2+ years almost on a daily basis and the other one I played for 3 years but it came to an end we needed variety to keep the game flowing. Anyway, there was everything. Assuming CofD+Vampire are the only things in my world is a terrible assumption. I know that "my world" and "your world" are very very different worlds which is absolutely ok.
          That's fair, I meant no offense if you took any from what I said. Any ST is free to present their world as they do. I've just always played Requiem as just Core+Vampire and have always assumed that is the 'default' to Vampire unless the ST decides to incorporate other venues. Indeed, if there are other supernaturals and you have access to them, then feeding at higher BP with affinity is easier than if you can only feed from other Kindred and the ephemeral.

Comment

In our Vampire Requiem games the world isn't too supernatural heavy or at least the supernatural beings don't know too much about each other. In many cases some of them can live next to each other and coexist, but I get it that keeping the game same for years is boring, so it's good to change the campaign type. Back in Vampire Dark Ages we used to play more supernatural.

Yeah. Serial Diablerie gets you up there fast! However my last Antagonist was a demon who had a bunch of fire attacks. It was pretty nasty as he had a lot of lackies too. I would say the best way to take out a higher BP vampire ( or at least give them a nasty challenge ) is to overwhelm them with supernatural baddies.
            What's your Serial Diablerie strategy to be unpunished? Is it Plausible Deniability?

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar McAlister View Post
              What's your Serial Diablerie strategy to be unpunished? Is it Plausible Deniability?
              Long story.... to sum it up briefly at the cost of it possibly not sounding interesting:

He was turned and always tried to do the right thing but people around him started dying. He was dating his sire who becamep prince because the old prince and sheriff when up in flames ( from a human fire starter / other player ) my character was appointed new sheriff. He sure didn't want the job and all "his people" kept getting attacked, so he thought if he could get stronger faster people would stop attacking the city and his lover. He started diablerizing all the baddies. Somewhere in there he became bound to the prince and the prince to him(perversion), but then they tried to stop him and break the addiction and it went well for a while ....

He quit being the sheriff and was appointed voice. But then some other baddies rolled into town and he ate them all. It was pretty fucked up really. It's like the sleeping tiger, everyone is pretty much afraid to call him on it, and he tries really hard only to eat the bad ones trying to kill People.

However now he is kind of "retired" and his lover has passed the prince position off too.

Ok, longer than expected but he is like the boogeyman now, sanctioned and used by the prince.
              Last edited by Vitalis; 02-22-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Long story.... to sum it up briefly at the cost of it possibly not sounding interesting:

He was turned and always tried to do the right thing but people around him started dying. He was dating his sire who becamep prince because the old prince and sheriff when up in flames ( from a human fire starter / other player ) my character was appointed new sheriff. He sure didn't want the job and all "his people" kept getting attacked, so he thought if he could get stronger faster people would stop attacking the city and his lover. He started diablerizing all the baddies. Somewhere in there he became bound to the prince and the prince to him(perversion), but then they tried to stop him and break the addiction and it went well for a while ....

He quit being the sheriff and was appointed voice. But then some other baddies rolled into town and he ate them all. It was pretty fucked up really. It's like the sleeping tiger, everyone is pretty much afraid to call him on it, and he tries really hard only to eat the bad ones trying to kill People.

However now he is kind of "retired" and his lover has passed the prince position off too.

Ok, longer than expected but he is like the boogeyman now, sanctioned and used by the prince.
                Ohh I see, almost like Crypteia in Lords over Damned.

Comment

Working...
                X