Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally got hardcopy of Vampire: The Requiem 2e (also CofD core)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got hardcopy of Vampire: The Requiem 2e (also CofD core)

And the book is so shiny and pretty, I'm almost afraid to use it.

Looking forward to having this to use when running Vampire, though.

Hey person who is also in Seattle who I actually probably know, honestly -

I know how you feel. When I got my premium hardcover of B&S back in 2013, I didn't touch it for like, a year. I only used the pdf. Because I'm weird and it was so pretty.

I just ordered the new CofD core (in premium!!) because I've been making due with the God Machine Rules Update for a while and I decided it was time to get the real deal. I can't wait for it to come. I also got Dark Eras ordered (in premium because otherwise it would probably fall apart) so I'm super excited.

I love books!!

Comment

I'm not in Seattle yet so it's at least possible that we don't know each other. I have spent more time in Seattle over the past year than ever before, though. Which isn't saying a lot.

I should be living there soon.

And the CofD core is great too. I do like the layout, art, etc. a lot and OBS does a great job with POD products.

Comment

Oh whoops. I remember you mentioning something about how you're from Seattle in another thread I was lurking in or something, so I thought 'you know, I probably know that guy.' Guess I spoke too soon.

I'm so excited. I've been going on a bit of a 2e book buying spree over the past month. I've got B&S (which is fundamentally unchanged from Vampire 2e so I haven't bothered buying the new version,) Werewolf 2e, Mage 2e, and Promethean 2e, and CofD core and Dark Eras are coming. I also bought all of the anthology books.

Which is honestly more games than I will ever have time to run, but I love books!!
        Last edited by RomulusGloriosus; 02-20-2017, 03:30 PM. Reason: syntax

Comment

Hey, Seattle was where I played Requiem LARP in college! (Well... Olympia, actually, but I went to a few Cam games in Seattle). RomulusGloriosus, do you happen to know Tim Alexander? Used to play Zedikaiah Hoyle in Camarilla Requiem LARP (or maybe still does, I haven't kept up with the LARP scene since I moved back to Colorado)

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
            Hey, Seattle was where I played Requiem LARP in college! (Well... Olympia, actually, but I went to a few Cam games in Seattle). RomulusGloriosus, do you happen to know Tim Alexander? Used to play Zedikaiah Hoyle in Camarilla Requiem LARP (or maybe still does, I haven't kept up with the LARP scene since I moved back to Colorado)
            I don't, actually, but a quick facebook search shows we have mutual friends, which isn't surprising.

I try and avoid the LARP circuit, because I prefer to tabletop. I did Masquerade LARP for a bit in Seattle, which is how I ended up meeting a lot of the Seattle WW/OPP fans, but I just like tabletopping so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

I don't, actually, but a quick facebook search shows we have mutual friends, which isn't surprising.

I try and avoid the LARP circuit, because I prefer to tabletop. I did Masquerade LARP for a bit in Seattle, which is how I ended up meeting a lot of the Seattle WW/OPP fans, but I just like tabletopping so much more.
              Gotcha. Tim was the Storyteller for the long-running troupe LARP game I played in back then. We probably have some mutual friends in the area, but I doubt you and I would have come across each other. Anyway, sorry for the derail, I just get excited when the possibility of encouraging old friends on these boards.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Oh whoops. I remember you mentioning something about how you're from Seattle in another thread I was lurking in or something, so I thought 'you know, I probably know that guy.' Guess I spoke too soon.

I'm so excited. I've been going on a bit of a 2e book buying spree over the past month. I've got B&S (which is fundamentally unchanged from Vampire 2e so I haven't bothered buying the new version,) Werewolf 2e, Mage 2e, and Promethean 2e, and CofD core and Dark Eras are coming. I also bought all of the anthology books.

Which is honestly more games than I will ever have time to run, but I love books!!
                Ah. Well I'm not a guy so that's another strike.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post

Ah. Well I'm not a guy so that's another strike.

I am just not doing well today.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
                    And the book is so shiny and pretty, I'm almost afraid to use it.

Looking forward to having this to use when running Vampire, though.
                    Whelp, when I got mine I was almost afraid to touch it! It was my first PoD book and I didn't know how good the materials would be (but my copy is in almost pristine conditions, so, good).
                    I have Blood and Smoke and not VtR 2e, though... it almost feels like I have some kind of rarity in my hands, even if I know it isn't.
                    I love B&S cover just as much as the "canon" VtR one. It feels so in theme, but in a different, more malincholic way.
                    EDIT: It sucks not having in index, though. Well, I got the pdf for that.

Italian nuisance. English is my second language, so be patient!

My homebrew:
                    [VtR 2e] Light From a Dead Star: Rome
                    [WtF 2e] The Past Is Another Country: Rome

Comment

Originally posted by SNESferatu View Post
                      Whelp, when I got mine I was almost afraid to touch it! It was my first PoD book and I didn't know how good the materials would be (but my copy is in almost pristine conditions, so, good).
                      I have Blood and Smoke and not VtR 2e, though... it almost feels like I have some kind of rarity in my hands, even if I know it isn't.
                      I love B&S cover just as much as the "canon" VtR one. It feels so in theme, but in a different, more malincholic way.
                      EDIT: It sucks not having in index, though. Well, I got the pdf for that.

I love the Blood and Smoke cover so much. It's so thematic. I feel like it really fits VtR 2e much better than the original Hand-with-Rose-Petals does, honestly.

Comment

I also think the VTR 2e hardcover is pretty and am from Seattle! (Sort of, from the South End and now live on the East Side).

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post
                          I also think the VTR 2e hardcover is pretty and am from Seattle! (Sort of, from the South End and now live on the East Side).
                          I'm sorry for making this post about Seattle because I'm a weirdo lurker!

Eastside definitely counts as Seattle, even if most folks from the Eastside would get hives from that sentence. My fiancee and I live downtown but she works in Bellevue, so life is life.

Comment

Eastside definitely counts as Seattle, even if most folks from the Eastside would get hives from that sentence. My fiancee and I live downtown but she works in Bellevue, so life is life.
                            I certainly don't count it as Seattle, any more than I do Renton or Everett. I do understand that outside the state though Seattle basically means Western Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post

I certainly don't count it as Seattle, any more than I do Renton or Everett. I do understand that outside the state though Seattle basically means Western Washington.
                              Everett's a little far to consider Seattle, imo, but I'd consider Shoreline, Lynnwood, and even Renton to be "Seattle." But folks who live outside of the city tend to try and distance themselves from the city, and I get that.

Comment

Working...
                              X