Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally got hardcopy of Vampire: The Requiem 2e (also CofD core)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

Yeah, everybody in the troup assured me it was a Washington Camarilla specific thing, and that the Camarilla was much better elsewhere.
    every LARP I've ever been a part of was toxic...I fully believe that there are places where it's fun and healthy and safe, but every LARP I've ever been in has been full of abusive problem players, often older men taking advantage of impressionable young women, and people who simply cannot gender correctly for the life of them even after a year of roleplaying together. It is why I steer closer to tabletops than LARPs, just because tabletopping tends to be more personal and less full of conflict, but I, once again, fully believe that this does not apply to EVERY LARP ever. I'm just not sure I want to give it a chance anymore....

Comment

Yeah, everybody in the troup assured me it was a Washington Camarilla specific thing, and that the Camarilla was much better elsewhere.
      I've played in LARPs from Seattle, WA to Houston, TX - mostly in Oregon - and I think most LARPs have issues, at least in the Camarilla. There are problems mentioned in the previous post, but also people vying for as much power as possible, people using the game as a means to channel their nastiness (there are nearly always players whose participation brings the game down). Despite all that, I had a lot of fun LARPing when I did, but if someone's specifically calling a city out as toxic, that's worrisome.

Comment

So many things to reply to... lol

First, to be on-topic, yeah, the books are pretty nice. I kinda don't want to run Forsaken because my book is nice and pristine and I don't want to mess it up. I ran a lot of Forsaken in the Cam, and my book got...well-loved, let's say.

Second, apparently I need to move to Seattle, what with all the folks around there.

Third...

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus
        It's sort of the same thing with New York City and Albany, or Harrisburg and Philadelphia (or Pittsburgh for that matter.) A lot of state capitals were either a big deal and got overshadowed, or were strategically placed because a lot of people who don't live in The City resent The City. (Doesn't matter where The City is, it's The City.)
        I live in the Harrisburg area, and while I've never heard it associated with Philly or Pittsburgh, that wouldn't surprise me. Pretty sure some folks think Philly is the state capital.

And fourth...

Originally posted by Charlaquin
        Every time I tried to branch out into Cam games it was an awful experience. Except the Forsaken game, but that was entirely made up of players from the troupe game, and it later turned out that the guy who was STing it hadn't been getting proper approvals for any of his gonzo plot, and eventually the whole venue had to be nuked. Weird times.
        While I'm entirely biased, having served as EC ARST Forsaken twice, AMST Forsaken twice, and AAMST Forsaken at least once (if not twice...wow, sensing a theme here), I have to high-five the praise for Forsaken. It was a good community by-and-large, I thought. I don't recall having to nuke a venue, though....

This space for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by strider1276 View Post
          While I'm entirely biased, having served as EC ARST Forsaken twice, AMST Forsaken twice, and AAMST Forsaken at least once (if not twice...wow, sensing a theme here), I have to high-five the praise for Forsaken. It was a good community by-and-large, I thought. I don't recall having to nuke a venue, though....
          I think it's come up before and it occured after you had gotten out of the Cam scene. If I recall correctly, it happened in like 2012 or 13.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

I think it's come up before and it occured after you had gotten out of the Cam scene. If I recall correctly, it happened in like 2012 or 13.

Hmm...yeah, 2013 would definitely be after me. It would depend on when in 2012. I don't even remember when that year I finally had the shits of it. :/

This space for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by strider1276 View Post
              So many things to reply to... lol

First, to be on-topic, yeah, the books are pretty nice. I kinda don't want to run Forsaken because my book is nice and pristine and I don't want to mess it up. I ran a lot of Forsaken in the Cam, and my book got...well-loved, let's say.

Second, apparently I need to move to Seattle, what with all the folks around there.

Third...

I live in the Harrisburg area, and while I've never heard it associated with Philly or Pittsburgh, that wouldn't surprise me. Pretty sure some folks think Philly is the state capital.

And fourth...

1) I was born and raised in Philly and nearly everybody I spoke to Out of State thought Philly was the State Capital. Most folks I know in WA think it, too. ...some who think they're smart think it's Pittsburgh, haha.

2) the one LARP I ever found amazing and fun coincidentally was a Forsaken LARP, so go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

1) I was born and raised in Philly and nearly everybody I spoke to Out of State thought Philly was the State Capital. Most folks I know in WA think it, too. ...some who think they're smart think it's Pittsburgh, haha.
                Well, I mean, c'mon, one of those probably should be. Harrisburg's nothing to look at. I vote for Pittsburgh, because I like it better than Philly, but that's besides the point.

2) the one LARP I ever found amazing and fun coincidentally was a Forsaken LARP, so go figure.
                It surprises some people how fun a Forsaken LARP is. At Grand Masquerade 2011, a buddy of mine and I were chatting with someone from OWbN and she found out we had run Forsaken. She was amazed that you could LARP it...which I found surprising, since folks have been playing Apocalypse in LARP form for years, but... *shrugs*

This space for rent.

Comment

Working...
                X