Akhud and Ahranites, without VII

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post
    ...How did I not realize that the 'Once in a midnight darkly' origins were all from the Snow White tale. I'm a little confused on the Daeva one because I don't remember any heart removal during the tale, but I see the snow-skinned princess does refer to Snow White.
    The queen instructed the huntsman to cut out Snow White's heart and bring it to her as proof he had killed her. But, he actually let her go and brought the queen a deer's heart instead. The queen also cooked the heart into the king's food. That's the bit I alluded to in my Julii writeup.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Blood of Ahran- The Devil's Advocate

You want to join the Blood of Ahran because:

The Big Picture:

Where we came from:
      Everybody knows that Camarilla was the first true covenant- and just as their new empire, their goal was to crush any potential threat for their rule- Carthage, for example. Unlike the undead of Rome, the Carthaginian vampires were much more scattered, operating in small coteries at best or in the form of minor cults. Their princes called themselves as "the Ahranites", as they claimed to belong to some unbroken bloodline leading up to some mythological Elder called Ahran. They never had a reason to unite, and when the Camarilla sent delegates in order to establish an alliance, they laughed in their face and sent them back in small pots of ash. They had faith in their power and Prince, and believed that there was no way something like the Camarilla would survive for more than a decade. Three wars later, they realized too late that maybe they were wrong.

Near the end of the Third Punic War, the vampires of Carthage knew it was over- and they knew that the Camarilla neither forgot nor forgave the insult. It was clear that once the soldiers of Rome would enter the city, the vampires won't be far behind, waiting to storm what would be left from Carthage and kill or enslave any vampire they can lay their hands on. Led by the city's last Ahranite, a woman named Ansuara, they made a desperate move- and in the night before the Roman ships came to the city, all of them quietly escaped to the desert. We can only imagine how angry the Camarilla were when they understood they were tricked- but it was enough for them to send troops into the desert and make sure to erase any sign of "Carthaginian scum".

Unequipped, without shelter and without a constant supply of blood, it looked like Carthage's survivors chose Finale Death over the other. More than half of them were killed by mistake or by then hands of their friends. It was at the height of their desperation that they stumbled upon the ruins. Nobody knows what the name of the city was- we prefer to use the name "Irem", but the source material stays quit on the subject. All we know is that the Ansuara and her faithful entered the broken city in hope for a shelter- and instead, found a demon.

The demon, (we call him Shaddad, after Irem's king), gave them a simple offer- serve me, and I'll destroy your enemies and build you a new Carthage of pain and blood. Sounds good, ha? Only if you're stupid, desperate or both. You don't make deals with demons. That's how people are getting killed- or worse. And while most of Carthage's survivors have answered at least one of those criterions- Ansuara clearly wasn't. Instead, she challenged the demon to battle, calling upon the gifts given to Ahran's bloodline only. We can only imagine the battle between Shaddad and Ansuara- we only know the end. The last Ahranite somehow sealed the demon in her own body, and then staked herself to torpor. Her last words to her faithful were that each would sip from her blood, and so all shall become Ahranite. And so they did- drinking a blood blessed by the gods and cursed by demon, and in it they found.. something, a newfound power, one which gave them the ability to fight the Camarilla's troops and survive until they reached solace. We call that power Ahranite Sorcery.

Since then, we are all the Blood of Ahran. We are all princes coming from a lost city; we are all kings and queen unbound by others. The other covenants has tried to break us a number of times- but we survived, and we'll continue to survive, removing the rotten parts of the All Night Society so we could have a better life. Nobody knows where the ruins of Irem are- but we can only imagine Ansuara still sleeps in there, trapping the demon in her flesh and spirit. She is the sire of all of us, and each time we judge the dead we do so in her name.

Our practices:

Nicknames: The Devil's Advocates (within the covenant), Ahranites, the Mind Police (outsiders), Demon Bitches (derogatory), Head Hunters (archaic)

Stereotypes:

When we are in power:

When we are in trouble:

so I'm taking a little break from writing in order to read an old favorite book series, so I'm posting the little bit I wrote about the Blood of Ahran. For now it is merely their history section, but you could say if you like the direction. For now, I envision them somewhere between head hunters and inquisitors, chasing down those who they deem as a threat for the Kindred society and work as assassins of some kind. Say if you like that direction :P

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
      I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

The queen instructed the huntsman to cut out Snow White's heart and bring it to her as proof he had killed her. But, he actually let her go and brought the queen a deer's heart instead. The queen also cooked the heart into the king's food. That's the bit I alluded to in my Julii writeup.
        yeah, their Once Upon a Midnight writeup was a kind of a sum-up post, referencing to all canon Clans and three fanmade ones which had that section in their writeup. Really liked what you did with the King- it was very Julii like.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

I now blog in here

Comment

Has there ever been a clan whose origin is the cook?

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
            Has there ever been a clan whose origin is the cook?
            not as far as I'm aware off... unless it would be the Formosa :P

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
            X