Claws of the Unholy drawback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edgar McAlister View Post
    I guess it is possible to achieve 4XP in 3 (+/-1) game sessions, assuming that a player makes risky actions or likes getting into trouble. As always it depends on the ST.
    5XP, cause you also need to buy the Merit. Still, that probably shouldn't take too long.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      5XP, cause you also need to buy the Merit. Still, that probably shouldn't take too long.
      Assuming it's for a gangrel it's 3 in-clan discipline and 1 claws of the unholy unless I missed something.

Comment

I dunno. Now that XP costs don't scale exponentially, 4 dots in one Discipline is fairly attainable for a neonate if they specialize. You won't be able to start play with agg claws unless you do Climbing the Ladder or otherwise start with XP > 0, but it won't take you long to get them if they're your priority.
        PCs will always exist outside "your average X" for me in any game ever. The book suggests that an Ancilla, active for 50 years, should start with somewhere around 5 to 10 experiences. A neonate who plays five to ten sessions (possibly a few months in game time) can get that amount.

Comment

Assuming it's for a gangrel it's 3 in-clan discipline and 1 claws of the unholy unless I missed something.
          Oh, you're right. I had a brain fart and thought the Discipline dot would cost 4XP.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

PCs will always exist outside "your average X" for me in any game ever. The book suggests that an Ancilla, active for 50 years, should start with somewhere around 5 to 10 experiences. A neonate who plays five to ten sessions (possibly a few months in game time) can get that amount.
            Oh, sure. I thought we were talking about it in a LARP context, since the comparison was to your Masquerade LARP character.

Comment

Oh, sure. I thought we were talking about it in a LARP context, since the comparison was to your Masquerade LARP character.

Oh that's totally fair. I got confused.

Comment

I guess it is possible to achieve 4XP in 3 (+/-1) game sessions, assuming that a player makes risky actions or likes getting into trouble. As always it depends on the ST.

I've had a session where I managed to earn 5xp once, though we weren't using the 1 beat each scene from each source rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Fumus View Post

I've had a session where I managed to earn 5xp once, though we weren't using the 1 beat each scene from each source rule.
                  Neat 25 beats on a game session. Did you commit diabolism? We've made a limit, the best player can't have more than 4 beats above the worst on a game session and the rule works surprisingly well. Sometimes someone is sad, but it helps to activate team work actions. I'm not a fan of limits, but in a team work oriented saga it works fine.

Comment

Neat 25 beats on a game session. Did you commit diabolism? We've made a limit, the best player can't have more than 4 beats above the worst on a game session and the rule works surprisingly well. Sometimes someone is sad, but it helps to activate team work actions. I'm not a fan of limits, but in a team work oriented saga it works fine.

It was a werewolf game, so no diablerie. We just had really good dice pools and the siskur-dah condition, so we got a beat every time we rolled an exceptional success.

Also we run with group beats, so everyone is at the same power level and it encourages co-operation with regards to achieving goals, at least in part.

Comment

Relevant link:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...697#post463697

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
                        Thanks a million. I get It now. Rose answer should be placed in the errata, imo.
                        Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                        If you've got a form with claws, Claws of the Unholy kicks in. If you avoid a form with claws, it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                        X