Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruac, show me some rituals that Benefit from Altars.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruac, show me some rituals that Benefit from Altars.

When using an altar, can anyone think of cases, where extra successes from being able to do it as a team work action. are worth having to take longer, to do so?

I dunno, but rituals already take a pretty long time to cast. They can't be cast in the middle of combat anyway (in a matter of turns), so I imagine it's only in some cases that it'll be crucial to perform it in 2 hours rather than 4. Sounds like a good deal to me. The bigger issues here is more about maing sure you have access to the altar and convincing enough acolytes with a high enough cruac rating for it to actually improve the roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
      When using an altar, can anyone think of cases, where extra successes from being able to do it as a team work action. are worth having to take longer, to do so?
      When the target has high resistance scores, so you risk failing the ritual (you only get a certain number of rolls for extended actions. If you don't reach the target by then, it fizzles).

When you want a better chance at scoring an exceptional success.

Comment

Oh a related question ?

Can an altar be mobile? if your haven is an RV, or Yacht?

Comment

I would say no. An altar is a table or platform for offering sacrifices or preparing consecrated items. They would be profaning it by carrying it around and stashing it in a dirty or high traffic area or having it double as a coffee table. Now if they want to set it up and conduct appropriate purification rituals in an RV or boat just prior to use that’s another thing.

Comment

As long as the group all have high enough Crúac (so that rituals only take 30 or 60 minutes per roll) I think it would be useful more often than not. If you're in a hurry chances are you're unable to use blood sorcery at all. (Which makes the Crusader Style from SotC hilariously bad outside crossovers since it'll never be relevant to blood sorcery.)

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

As long as the group all have high enough Crúac (so that rituals only take 30 or 60 minutes per roll) I think it would be useful more often than not. If you're in a hurry chances are you're unable to use blood sorcery at all. (Which makes the Crusader Style from SotC hilariously bad outside crossovers since it'll never be relevant to blood sorcery.)

maybe written by someone not remembering all the changes from first edition?

Comment

Oh a related question ?

Can an altar be mobile? if your haven is an RV, or Yacht?
                I would be fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
                  I would say no. An altar is a table or platform for offering sacrifices or preparing consecrated items. They would be profaning it by carrying it around and stashing it in a dirty or high traffic area or having it double as a coffee table. Now if they want to set it up and conduct appropriate purification rituals in an RV or boat just prior to use that’s another thing.

How long would setting it up and "appropropriate purification ritual's take?"

Comment

However long it would take to clean the area where it would be set up and make appropriate prayers for purification and sanctification.

The cult I was part of once would spend at least an hour each week cleaning up the semi private room and praying for God's presence where speaking in tongues and translating would take place. They'd spend hours dredging the pond prior to conducting full immersion baptisms.

The Shinto Buddhist I work with arrives about 15 minutes before his shift starts least three times a week, cleaning, praying, and rearranging the shrine at his desk and making sure the other books, papers, and objects on his desk are aligned properly. And every night before he leaves he spends at least 5 minutes rearranging his desk as well. I know he takes it seriously because he can often tell if someone has taken something and replaced it later from his shelves after he left for the night.

To me that comes down more to individual character flavor. If a player isn't going to bother with describing how their character keeps their altar consecrated and playing it out when appropriate, they aren't going to get the bonuses for it.

Comment

I practice shinto myself, I try to go out to the park in the morning and face the sun recite Nippashi off my E reader and bow low to the sun.

With a recent heat wave I cant risk being out in the heat

Showing the truth in one book I have on Shinto that why Amateratsu may be benevolent her order can become oppressive and this is why we need Susano.

Comment

Working...
                      X