X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of the Night
    started a topic Poaching.

Poaching.

How have you handled it, what role does it play in your game.

ideas for tactics by poachers, or kindred trying to catch them?

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
    My point being, Absalom didn't just whimsically decide he wanted David's whorehouse. He had a falling out and disagreed with David's manner of dispensing justice or rather failing to do so. And he obviously wasn't alone in that sentiment.

I agree 100%

what I was saying, was that the example with Abalsom, is a good example of using Transgression as a tool.

though this may be more appropiate to my thread on Machiaveli.

Leave a comment:

• tsusasi
    replied
    My point being, Absalom didn't just whimsically decide he wanted David's whorehouse. He had a falling out and disagreed with David's manner of dispensing justice or rather failing to do so. And he obviously wasn't alone in that sentiment.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Abalsom avenged the crime... but latter was the one who had Sex with Davids concubines publicly, to state clearly he was at a point of no return.

Leave a comment:

• tsusasi
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    makes sense.

Oh, is poaching, a bad way to start a feud, the Way King davids son, publicly had sex with his dads concubines?
    David was no saint. And I'm inclined to think that feud began when David allowed his son (and heir apparent) Amnon to get away with raping his daughter Tamar (Amnon's half sister) and expel her from their home effectively leaving it to his other son Absalom (Tamar's brother) to avenge the crime.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    makes sense.

Oh, is poaching, a bad way to start a feud, the Way King davids son, publicly had sex with his dads concubines?

Leave a comment:

• SoulGambit
    replied
    Re: Feeding Grounds. I feel like being granted land implies the requirement that you keep and defend your land. I feel like most of the time the Kindred would try to, violently, handle it themselves. The Prince would really only be called either to teach a lesson, or if it is constant enough that escelation is the only solution.

Leave a comment:

• SoulGambit
    replied
    Re: Agg Damage and removing limbs, but axes should be able to do it.

Health Boxes are a narrative construct, not a physical one. High Stamina characters do not have more health because they are hardier, but because you are telling a story about someone who is more resilient. No amount of cardio will make you able to take an extra bullet aimed for the head.

As such, health boxes present a sort of limited plot immunity. An axe that deals lethal cuts your arm, but not all the way through. It sti cuts muscles and tendons, rendering the limb worthless, but its not a clean cut.

However, overflow damage is a thing, and successive cuts WILL cut off the limb.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    That kind of birch would probably only deal Bashing. Unless a serious blow could break bones or slash through more than just skin I wouldn't rule it to deal Lethal.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    True, but one could argue a birch isnt a weapon.

its a too meant to discipline a child (and in the old days and errotic fiction) household staffl.

and a ghoul, DOESNT reduce lethal damage to bashing... and is more likely to get it then the vamps fledgling.

Leave a comment:

• Maina
    replied
    All weapons do Lethal now. Even brass knuckles or clubs.

But Vampires reduce lethal to bashing anyway, so it's largely irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    on the idea of branding... was going to sarcastically ask "What else is his sire going to do, send him out for a switch?" then thought and wanted to ask, does a birch or switch do bashing or lethal?

reason I ask is they sometimes raise small cuts.

know its absurd but ... nitpicking.

Leave a comment:

• tsusasi
    replied
    Are you asking for specific examples of how the city at large might expect a sire to deal with a fledgling vampire poaching or how a sire theoretically would address the offense committed by a fledgling. In my experience from playing a fledgling who got caught poaching on two separate occasions (different characters), it was handled in a radically different manner when you compared the offenses and sentences. In part because each sire wanted to convey another lesson besides "don't get caught". My sheriff had to deal with the serial poaching of a fledgling who's sire didn't care what his childe did. Until my character made it his problem. But that came down to situational context and could have easily blown up into an intercovenant feud had it been done right off to another sire/childe duo.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    thoughts on beast blood idea?

or making them while on such punishment act as a servant offering a goblet of warmed human blood to the offended party when their invited as a guest by your sire.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    I like the idea of a tyrannical Prince branding a person and then ordering them to show up the very next night to show off the brand before they are allowed to heal it. There are a few ways of dealing with that:
    1. Expend a Willpower point to make the branding permanent during the Cleansing.
    2. Try to keep awake during the day to bypass the Cleansing.
    3. Find a way to fake or replicate the branding before having to show up the next day.
    4. Heal it and find yourself in deeper shit for having actively resisted the Prince's just punishment.
    Last edited by Tessie; 03-18-2017, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X