Thousand Years of Night seems close

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousand Years of Night seems close

As I said in the title it seems like Thousand Years of Night Seems close to being finished, all that seems left to do is art and eventually ab errata pass after they release the PDF.

I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE THE JULII

Comment

Art can take a while, especially if it's just being contracted. Then there's layout, proofing, second and third takes of those maybe more.

Looking forward to it but I wouldn't expect its moving into art direction to mean we should expect it soon.

Comment

how long has pentex employee indoctrination manuel been in the art phase

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Art can take a while, especially if it's just being contracted. Then there's layout, proofing, second and third takes of those maybe more.

Looking forward to it but I wouldn't expect its moving into art direction to mean we should expect it soon.
          It was in layout at the same time as art for awhile, but it's not anymore, so hopefully they are done layout for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            how long has pentex employee indoctrination manuel been in the art phase
            Hopefully it's a different set of artists.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
              I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE THE JULII
              I didn't realize the JULII will be in the book.

I'm not sure what will actually be in the book, I mean I get the basic theme, but I have no idea as to the actual contents of it.
              Last edited by Omegaphallic; 04-14-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I mean...I think we're going to see a backer PDF for Changeling20 far sooner then we are for Thousand Years.

So eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

I didn't realize the JULII will be in the book.

I'm not sure what will actually be in the book, I mean I get the basic theme, but I have no idea as to the actual contents of it.
                  All I know is what Rose said a few months ago, which is that the Julii and the Pijavica are going to be given a write-up. Obviously we know all about the Julii already, but I run Requiem for Rome using B&S rules fairly often and I'd like to see what their new Clan Bane is, instead of just using the Ventrue one for them. I'd also like to see any additional things they add, like maybe the Julii aren't quite as extinct as you might think. (With how far out in Europe their blood spread, I find it a little hard to believe the entire Clan is truly gone. Though my assumption was always that the survivors of Clan Julii think that they're Ventrue in the modern nights, and - if they even think about their differences from the main clan at all - they just consider themselves a bloodline.)

Comment

While I'm glad you'll be able to get support for your game, as a more generalized vampire fan I'm really interested in seeing how the Pijavica work.

And of course any mention of El Abominar! Though I doubt the Brood will come up I'm hoping for some cool antagonists. The Blood and Smoke strix section and Domains sections were really well done and I'm sure any example elders are going to be wicked.

Comment

"PIJAVICA

(Pie-java-CA)
                      Variations: Pijawica, Pijawika
                      In Croatia and Yugoslavia there is a vampiric REVENANT known as a pijavica ("drinker"). Typically male, this vampire is created when a person dies who has committed an act of incest with his mother, although a person who was particularly evil in life may also return as this type of vampire. The pijavica will first attack its family and then its descendants, ultimately killing every person it can on its family tree until it is stopped. Only once it has killed its entire family line will it move on to other people. The pijavica has the ability to detect its own family members, no matter how distant the relation.
                      This vampire is very fast and very strong. In addition to being able to read minds, it also has the power of suggestion. Unless it is destroyed by a willful act, the pijavica is otherwise an immortal being.
                      Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight will eventually kill a pijavica as will staking it through the chest with HAWTHORN or burning it to ash. However, the most effective way to kill a pijavica is to decapitate it and when reburying the body, place the head between its legs.
                      Source: Ralston, Songs of the Russian People, 410; Ronay, Truth about Dracula, 22; Senn, Werewolf and "

Found this when I looked up that clan of vampires. Inbred Vampires, the one clan that can creep out even the Nosoforato.

Comment

They're mentioned in the Lost Clans section of Blood & Smoke and seem to have a The Thing-like life cycle.

Comment

The only thing I look up to at every OPP release is the art, if it's bad, the entire book is unreadable to me, so it's better if they just take their time with it

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                            They're mentioned in the Lost Clans section of Blood & Smoke and seem to have a The Thing-like life cycle.
                            I remember, but thank you anyways, it's just that the legend seems so different from the game.

Comment

I hope there's something about generational play tucked away in here. It's a topic that seems criminally underutilized in Requiem; what's the point in tracing your blood lineage back through seven generations of sires if you can't play them all?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X