Thousand Years of Night seems close

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
    Obviously we know all about the Julii already, but I run Requiem for Rome using B&S rules fairly often and I'd like to see what their new Clan Bane is, instead of just using the Ventrue one for them.
    A change I would like to see is swapping out Resilience for Vigour - like the empire they embody, they can project great force even up to their end, but are doomed not to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
      A change I would like to see is swapping out Resilience for Vigour - like the empire they embody, they can project great force even up to their end, but are doomed not to endure.
      Nice idea. I do slightly take issue with the "like the empire they embody.....doomed not to endure" statement though. Compared to what? The Roman Empire lasted over 500 years, and the Byzantine portion continued for almost a thousand years after that.

Comment

Sketches are in coming.

I really which I had a better idea concretely what is actually in the book. I have no idea if I want it or not, so I'm unlikely to buy it until I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hentzau View Post
          Nice idea. I do slightly take issue with the "like the empire they embody.....doomed not to endure" statement though. Compared to what? The Roman Empire lasted over 500 years, and the Byzantine portion continued for almost a thousand years after that.
          In terms of Requiem thematics, though, Rome is defined by its fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
            I have no idea if I want it or not, so I'm unlikely to buy it until I do.
            By the time buying it is an option, you will likely know more. There will probably be a DriveThruRPG page detailing it, where you can get a view of the table of contents, there will be a thread of people talking about it, and an announcement on the Onyx Path blog that will detail it similarly to the DTRPG page.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
              Sketches are in coming.

I really which I had a better idea concretely what is actually in the book. I have no idea if I want it or not, so I'm unlikely to buy it until I do.
              Here's the outline.

CofD booklists:
              Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Out of Layout and into Proofing!

CofD booklists:
                Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean

Comment

I'm not good at english terms so can someone briefly explain me what does proofing stand for? I wasn't able to find a definition on Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post
                    I'm not good at english terms so can someone briefly explain me what does proofing stand for? I wasn't able to find a definition on Google.
                    As far as I'm aware, they are going through the documents making sure there isn't content they disagree with.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Proofing is when the developer looks at the laid out files for any late-breaking visual changes. This would be when you'd fix something that was supposed to be bolded or italicized but wasn't, or catch that a column is missing in a table.

Rose Bailey
                        Onyx Path Development Producer
                        Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

i'm curious what a Inamorata is in vampire terms?

And I think Belial's Brood will be getting update, I could be wrong.

Comment

Thank you. Having read the outline it actually sounds extreme cool, almost a Vampire game in a Vampire game.
                            Last edited by Omegaphallic; 05-13-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I am so very much looking forward to this. IDK if it'll add much to my own chronicle, but the material is relevant to my interests.

I am in love with the first paragraph of the outline. This is what I wanted for elders in Vampire: The Masquerade. I never really felt that the way elders were described in Masquerade was actually conducive to surviving centuries.

Comment

I haven't even had the chance to play 2e yet and I am excited for this.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Working...
                                X