[Variant] Mysteries of the Flesh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Variant] Mysteries of the Flesh

Under this rules-variant, Physical Disciplines are considered to be both normal Disciplines and Coils belonging to appropriately-named Mysteries. For most characters, this doesn't change anything. However, for members of the Ordo Dracul, this lends a few synergistic effects:

• When purchasing a new dot of the Discipline, they may pay either the cost for a dot of the Discipline or a dot of the Coil, whichever would be lower. For example, a Daeva who has chosen to focus on the Mystery of Resilience could purchase Resilience dots for three XP each.

• They may develop Scales for the Discipline, and may apply any other special modifications (such as Crucible) to it normally.

• As an odd side effect, Strix that possess the bodies of Ordo members find that they do not gain the benefits of any of their host's Physical Disciplines. If they want to make the corpse they inhabit stronger, they must bring their own dots of Vigor.

=---=

Because the transvampirists deserve to be the best at pushing their flesh to the limits. Also, the idea of Celerity/Resilience/Vigor Scales is pretty darn cool.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Originally posted by amechra View Post
    Also, the idea of Celerity/Resilience/Vigor Scales is pretty darn cool.
    Would there be any difference between them and Celerity/Resilience/Vigor Devotions?

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

Would there be any difference between them and Celerity/Resilience/Vigor Devotions?
      Yep.

I mean, just to steal an example from elsewhere - Spare Parts would be a Resilience Scale under this variant, rather than belonging to the Coil of the Ascendant. And Vigor might get a scale that's roughly equivalent to Augmented Vitae Draught (which belongs to the Coil of the Wyrm).

Compare that to the stuff you can normally do with a Devotion.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Rather like this since it seemed like Ordo Dracul got the short end of the stick with their powers by default.

Comment

Working...
        X