Coil of the Owls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil of the Owls?

I've had an idea I've been stuck on for a while: a Heretical Coil that "deals with" the Strix.

I know I want it to mitigate the drawbacks of being possessed by a Strix, seeking an apotheoses through merging with a Strix (as the dominant partner, hopefully). I also know that I want one of the higher dots to be the ability to replace the embrace with the creation of a Shadow Potency 1 Strix that's... well disposed... towards them (possibly through the Vinculum, ignoring the Strix's normal immunity).

Is this a terrible plan? Yes. That's why it's utterly heretical.

I just can't seem to fill in the gaps. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

I like the concept of it :P. Don't have a suggestion at the moment - but I like it.

Comment

Sounds like something they'd be very interested in considering possessed vamps can go in sunlight. Maybe you could sate the strix by acting more like the monster strix thinks vampires should be, you might need to act on your dirge very very regularly.

Comment

could see this idea OFFENDING the strix something feirce

remember, the ENTIRE Julii clan was exterminated because of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post

Do you see this?

This is the look of the adherents to the Mystery of the Owl giving no shits.

And the look of the Ordo Dracul doing their very best to make sure that they don't unearth this research.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Hmm.... a scale could make a corpse into a Strix Trap by writing symbols of the sun on the inside of that corpse's lungs, that lets a strix in but they cannot escape until the corpse is damaged enough. Admittedly the strix would still be able to control the corpse, but you can get the strix into places you want a lot easier when they're trapped in a physical form compared to when they're smoke.

Comment

A scale might also do for making a Strix vulnerable to Blood Bonds. Combine with a "retain awareness/control while possessed" Coil, and that could serve for Strix Symbiosis (since the Owl would be loyal-ish to you at that point).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post

I could see this also making the Strix giddy with anticipation as well. Sure, the vampires are trying to control them, but think of all the experimentation they would have to do in order to get there. All those chances to possess the vampire, and lead them to their demise.

Comment

Would one of the abilities remove the yellow eyea to reduce suspicion?

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                    Would one of the abilities remove the yellow eyea to reduce suspicion?
                    While it sounds wise, id refrain to do it, or at least to do it completely (for instance, you could remove the Owl eyes... but when you go into frenzy they return for all to see) as is one of the Strix coolest hallmarks. I like it too much to erase it. But yes, it sounds like something important to do.

Userhat Aegpts Vlrs. Coren "Ojos de Fuego". Mithrael. Menehet.

Comment

This is cool. So many ways for it to go awesomely wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X