How much blood can a vampire drink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much blood can a vampire drink?

In the books it talks about how different sources gives different amounts of vitae. But just how much blood can a vampire drink in on setting?

Theoretically, assuming BP 10:

A normal adult human (Stamina 2, Size 5) has 7 health boxes, and an estimated 5.5 liters of blood, and each box of Lethal damage is worth a Vitae from a bite. Assuming that you can feed until they fill up with Aggravated, then that's 14 Vitae.

5.5 L / 14 Vitae = 0.39 L blood per Vitae.

If it's a single feeding, then it's limited to 10 Vitae, or about 4 liters per feeding, or about a gallon.

I'f we're just talking about nonstop feeding from zero Vitae to engorgement, then that's 75 Vitae total, 29.25 L, or over 11 gallons.

Vampires are gross.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

How much blood would a bloodsuck suck if a bloodsuck could suck blood?

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Vampires can't feed to aggravated. A human has a number of vitae in their system equal to their health. However, you have to also consider that humans die long before they lose all of their blood, so the amount represented by full lethal is only about two litres.

So that means that 1 vitae is about 286 ml of blood.. Call it 300 if you want a rounder number. Greater stamina might represent having more blood or just being able to survive losing more.

Comment

I'm pretty sure one unit of Vitae doesn't equate to a specific quantity of blood. Especially since you have to drink far more blood to get the same amount Vitae from large animals or cryogenically stored plasma bags as you would from small animals or humans.

Comment

Well, yeah. Vitae's the lifeforce in the blood, not the blood itself. Human blood has a vitae density of about 3-4 points per litre. Or, at least, it does on the way out. Animal blood is considerably lower, and with stored blood you're basically siphoning the dregs so it depends on your own blood potency.
            Last edited by Elfive; 05-16-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              Well, yeah. Vitae's the lifeforce in the blood, not the blood itself. Human blood has a vitae density of about 3-4 points per litre. Or, at least, it does on the way out. Animal blood is considerably lower, and with stored blood you're basically siphoning the dregs so it depends on your own blood potency.
              Animal blood can also be higher, depending on the size of the animal. 3-4 Size 1 squirrels get you as much Vitae as a litre from a human.

Comment

Vampires can't feed to aggravated.
                Why wouldn't they be able to feed to aggravated? The only thing in the text that I can find is that taking one Vitae equals dealing one lethal, meaning that full aggravated (aka death) is the only limit on how much Vitae they can take.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Yeah, small things seem to have more vitae in them than they really should. I'm pretty sure it's just so you don't need to juggle half a vitae while you find another rat, but if I'm feeling Watsonian I usually chalk it up to how they have to die for you to get anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Why wouldn't they be able to feed to aggravated? The only thing in the text that I can find is that taking one Vitae equals dealing one lethal, meaning that full aggravated (aka death) is the only limit on how much Vitae they can take.
                    Try the sentence directly before that one, on page 95.

Human blood is best warm, from the living. Kindred can pull a number of Vitae from a mortal equal to the mortal’s unmodified Health dots. Every point of Vitae she takes causes one point of lethal damage.

Comment

Well. that's an embarrassing miss. However, it does mean that it's possible to bring someone up to aggravated damage if they've already suffered damage.

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                        Animal blood can also be higher, depending on the size of the animal. 3-4 Size 1 squirrels get you as much Vitae as a litre from a human.
                        I'm slightly disappointed that it never occurred to me to refer to feeding on animals as "chasing squirrels."

Cavaliers of Mars Creator
                        Retired CofD Lead

Check out my guides to Vampire and my indie games!

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                          However, it does mean that it's possible to bring someone up to aggravated damage if they've already suffered damage.
                          Yeah, you can probably do that.

Although I'd be inclined to say that if someone is on full lethal plus one or more aggravated, there's only enough life left to get them up to full agg. Just seems logical.

Comment

Yeah, you can probably do that.

Although I'd be inclined to say that if someone is on full lethal plus one or more aggravated, there's only enough life left to get them up to full agg. Just seems logical.
                            Technically you're feeding from a corpse by then, but since you've already taken Vitae there might not be any residual Vitae left in the corpse's blood.

Comment

There's also those who might be able to survive past full Lethal. Maybe a Mage using Life to test exactly how much Vitae his body can produce by forcing himself to remain alive past Lethal, and letting some vamps go to town on him? Or doing it to somebody else, I guess, if they're really terrible.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Working...
                              X