X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Thousand Years of Night errata thread

Thousand Years of Night errata thread

The advance PDF is out! Please report any typos or visual glitches here. Discussion of setting, rules, and other content should go to other threads. Thanks!

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 29: "Add the vampire’s dots in Praestantia to her Dexterity when making Attribute or Skill rolls..." This might relate to a previous errata question about Praestantia: is it meant to figure into the Defense calculation (i.e., does your defense change if your Praestantia-boosted Dex makes your Wits lower?) Or is it worded specifically that way to mean it doesn't?

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 76: "Such strength as Kindred of many centuries has exceeds the boundaries of his own flesh and bones..." -- Kind of an awkward sentence, or there's a word missing; I think that needs rejiggering.

p. 99: "Her village depletes and the Succubus fights..."
    p. 99: "Love and happiness made the Succubus weak..."
    p. 103: "...reminds the Succubus of the desolation..."
    p. 106: "What the Succubus likes best..."

Succubus should be "Serpent" as of Second Edition.

p. 110: "Inamorata are angels created by the God Machine..." -- should be God-Machine
    p. 110: "Inamorata are a subset of Demons...See more on Demons in the Crossovers section..." -- should be demons

p. 110: "Drinking the blood of an Inamorata causes the effectiveness of the Kindred’s Disciplines to be reduced by half while she is under her Inamorata’s sway." -- It's a little unclear what this means (e.g., is it referring to successes?). Many Discipline levels don't have any direct numerical factor (like Obfuscate 1 and 3), as they just work without rolling, or they have a story effect rather than a mechanical one.

p. 111, Daniel Howell's stat block:
    Merits: He's got Enticing, which as mentioned above, might not work for a "mortal" character

pp. 111-123: None of the example characters on these pages have Virtue/Vice or Mask/Dirge. Characters after that have them.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 07-01-2017, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    pg 98 - I'm unclear about Mortal Souls. They're listed among the Touchstones, and the quote, "Drinking a soul is an exhilarating experience that allows the Kindred to relive the mortal’s life as she sucks out his soul: a beautiful and grisly reminder of what it’s like to be human" makes it sound like it's meant to be a possible Touchstone. But then later it says, "A diablerized mortal can never serve as Touchstone." Is the intent here that the addiction becomes a Touchstone but the victims can't be? Or is it just a cool mechanic that doesn't provide a Touchstone in any way, and if so, why is it in the Touchstones section?

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 98: Elders gain the Tainted Condition for diablerizing mortals, but Tainted's effects key off the victim's Blood Potency. Might be worth it to say Integrity is used instead? Or another Trait.
    p. 98: "...he called the doorkeeper “bloke.” or that he...” -- period is a typo
    Last edited by Yossarian; 06-27-2017, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lnodiv
    replied
    Originally posted by Murder-of-Crows View Post
    I don't know if it's an errata, but the Arcs seem awfully expensive in terms of experiences. Only Urban Legends or Methuselah can even buy most of them. They do not grant any disciplines. I think, they are a very good idea, but rather expensive and for younger elders not really feasible options. Is there any way to adress this?
    Increasing the Experiences granted to a reasonable level instead of piggy-backing off of the numbers given in B&S would work.

Leave a comment:

• Nilaihah
    replied
    p. 104 - Barren Shores - Kindred:

"Kindred make great allies and enemies. They don’t make Touchstones though."

Should probably be:

"Kindred make great allies and enemies. They don’t make great Touchstones though."

This really confused me since I was looking specifically on whether they could be, and the first statement seemed to hint that they didn't - reading on cleared it up though.

Leave a comment:

• branford
    replied
    P. 102 - Revenants, paragraph 2.

"Revenants hold a dark mirror to elders. Revenants are cast out and hunted, whereas an elder is surrounding by bowing lackeys."

"Surrounding" should be "surrounded."

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    Originally posted by WelshBoi View Post
    page 20 - the architect Arc package is only worth 35 experience
    page 21 - the entertainer Arc package is only worth 35 experience
    - the puppet master Arc package is only worth 33 experience
    page 23 - the scholar arc package is worth 36 not 35 experience
    - the Shepard Arc package is worth 34 experience
    The Architect is correct as printed -- Archeologist is actually 35 where it's printed as 36, so that's the one that needs to change
    The Entertainer is correct as printed; it's 36 total (Barfly being a 2 dot Merit now is possibly the mistaken assumption here?)

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 12: "...that devil’s bargain elders strike so they can to rule and rest in turn." -- cut to
    p. 19: "The Merits in the Vampire: The Requiem Second Edition are as valuable..." -- cut the

Last edited by Yossarian; 06-25-2017, 12:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ever Professional
    replied
    Page 60- Triumph- Resolution and Moving On
    "The competition rewards high physical-based Disciplines, such as Vigor and Fortitude. "
    I believe that Fortitude isn't a discipline in Requiem, so this is probably supposed to be Resilience.

Leave a comment:

• Ever Professional
    replied
    Page 59- Survival-Resolution and Moving On
    "If the elder follows the Pitjantjatjara’s lead and learns to respect the world, she gains dots in Survival, at least one dot in Humanity, and another in Fortitude."
    Fortitude isn't a thing in Requiem, as far as I'm aware. I think this was supposed to be Resilience.

Leave a comment:

• branford
    replied
    P.130 - Zach Wilson -Story Notes

"As a young accountant, he feels in with Capone and even took a little off the top..."

"Feels" should be "fell".

Leave a comment:

• Murder-of-Crows
    replied
    I don't know if it's an errata, but the Arcs seem awfully expensive in terms of experiences. Only Urban Legends or Methuselah can even buy most of them. They do not grant any disciplines. I think, they are a very good idea, but rather expensive and for younger elders not really feasible options. Is there any way to adress this?

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 29: "Celerity, Praestantia, Obfuscate" should be "Celerity, Obfuscate, Praestantia"
    p. 30: Maybe clarification needed: Does the Julii bane apply to Blood Potency? I'm not sure if it's a Resistance Trait for the purposes of this bane. Also, does it cap dice pools, or just each individual trait?
    Last edited by Yossarian; 06-23-2017, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X