Meditation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meditation

Can vampires use meditation for Breaking point rolls?

No. If I remember correctly how meditation affects Integrity rolls is specific to Integrity rolls. Some STs might rule that it works on other Breaking Points where the roll is Resolve+Composure, such as Breaking Points for Harmony (WtF). However, vampires don't use that as their dice pool so there's no mechanical basis for meditation to work on vampires.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

I allow it if the breaking point has a similar integrity analog and they don't accumulate another bonus for another effect. The character who meditates for a few moments to reap the benefits of parkour or to enable them to ride the wave or use a coil to control frenzy already got their bonus. They aren't getting the meditation bonus to the detachment check as well.

Comment

I typically allow it, since at the end of the day it's a Breaking Point and otherwise meditation would have no benefits (without being shoe horned into a merit for a +3)
        It's only 1 die, so it's not like it's really breaking anything.

Comment

Well, what else should Meditation be used for, system-wise? I usually give our Mekhet bonuses to certain rituals after succeeding at meditation, but I think it would be good to have a broader system effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrigan View Post
            Well, what else should Meditation be used for, system-wise? I usually give our Mekhet bonuses to certain rituals after succeeding at meditation, but I think it would be good to have a broader system effect.
            Benefit to resisting Frenzy that night, or Riding the Wave.

Comment

I think Meditation can provide a bonus for Theban Sorcery.

Comment

Meditation (at least with meditative mind) applies to any resolve and composure rolls (+3) before spending willpower meaning for the day/night they can have +6 to withstanding the rigours of being a vampire and seeing the strange/macabre world they exist in.

Comment

Working...
                X