Castlevania TV series is Ordo Dracul revenge story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castlevania TV series is Ordo Dracul revenge story

Netflix Castelvania anime series is really pumping me to run now Ordo Dracul vampires – shows picture Convent creator as omnipotent being, but fixated on understanding universe – and hating God and people following it. Certainly over powerful for Requiem take, sometimes, but it shows creation of Ordo Dracul philosophy rather good.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

That show was really good IMO. Great voice actors and cool animation style. And some hilarious dialogue at the start of episode 2.

Too bad it was only 4 episodes long, but apparently they are making a second season with 8 episodes. Season 2 is supposed to follow the story of Castelvania 3, with this season 1 being like the prequel to that story.

Comment

is it worth watching if you have no knowledge of the castelvania games?

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post
        is it worth watching if you have no knowledge of the castelvania games?
        I wouldn't consider it a barrier, but you may find its appeal kind of limited. Both the anime (so far) and the specific game it's based on are pretty light in terms of plot.

she/her

Comment

I found anime very fun to watching - even if not knowIng anything about video games. If you like Ordo Dracul or monster hunters - you will love it! 😉

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

You know, its rather amusing, Castlevania's twist on the whole Dracula story. Now, in Castlevania, Dracula has a strong interest in pseudo-scientific things. You see lots of clockwork and victorian-esk kinda-steam-punk going on along side the magic. Meanwhile? The Belmonts and company always seem to rely entirely on magic or faith. The Belmont clan is renowned for their consecrated weapons. Several types of magicians have made their appearance throughout the series. The vampire hunters rely more on magic than science to defeat the forces of darkness. Meanwhile, in the actual book Dracula? Drac was all mysticism and darkness and secrets, while Van Helsing was the one using enlightenment and science to track down and defeat Dracula alongside magic. The positions are actually reversed from the Castlevania series.

That's really a big part of Dracula legend these days, I suppose. Since the story used a mix of science and magic during it, even if it wasn't Drac's thing, even if it was meant to be directly His opposite, has still become a major part of the story. Dracula and victorian-era science bits have mixed together until they're now one.

I wouldn't really call this an Ordo Dracul revenge story, though. Despite the sorta-steampunk in the Castlevania games, the main antagonist himself is actually closer to a Primordial Beast than anything else. The focus of the story is inevitably about the gathered monsters (kinship), the castle itself (the Lair), and a demon lord fulfilling his hunger for vengence and power while spreading nightmares among the people.
            Last edited by MCN; 07-18-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
              I wouldn't really call this an Ordo Dracul revenge story, though. Despite the sorta-steampunk in the Castlevania games, the main antagonist himself is actually closer to a Primordial Beast than anything else. The focus of the story is inevitably about the gathered monsters (kinship), the castle itself (the Lair), and a demon lord fulfilling his hunger for vengence and power while spreading nightmares among the people.
              I actually really like this idea for VtR. Dracula was a Beast not a Vampire. His followers don't know that though.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Watching Season 2 of the series. Even if I still see Dracula as the Ordo Dracul progenitor we saw him in VtR - his War Council, on the other hand, seems to work like typical local structures of Invictus on the now war. They still are political backstabbers, even if they only preparing war plans to attack new town, for example.

Adding humans to War Council leads me to related question - Can mortals have offices in Invictus by VtR standards? Cause it'ś interesting portrayal in series...

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  Watching Season 2 of the series. Even if I still see Dracula as the Ordo Dracul progenitor we saw him in VtR - his War Council, on the other hand, seems to work like typical local structures of Invictus on the now war. They still are political backstabbers, even if they only preparing war plans to attack new town, for example.

Adding humans to War Council leads me to related question - Can mortals have offices in Invictus by VtR standards? Cause it'ś interesting portrayal in series...

Well, ghouls and ghoul families could certainly have some sort of role as mouthpieces of certain elders and ancients, no?

Comment

The more I see series, the clear is that Speakers and Forgemasters are mages, Obrimos and Moros respectively. Still humans, but having control over particular elements of the world.

Series Wikia Forgemasters page even more arguments for them being Moros:
                    ' Devil Forgemasters are not mere sorcerers; they are not just trained in black magic, but also in the arts of alchemy and spiritual metaphysics, being able to craft massive weapons and arsenals from mere prime and raw materials of nearly any sort, as well as creating magical living beings with the forbidden knowledge they possess.'

SO not only Death, but also Matter and Prime magic is at their disposal.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post

I actually really like this idea for VtR. Dracula was a Beast not a Vampire. His followers don't know that though.

I really like the idea that Dracula in VtR has been deeply occulted and though he's pretty happy with the way the Ordo Dracul and Coils/Scales turned out, that wasn't his main point.

He may not have even invented the coils--he just taught the foundations to his "brides" and let them advance the concepts.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
                      X