Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which version of VII do you use (Spoilers)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version of VII do you use (Spoilers)?

Okay, I play a chronicle in Cologne. I think I wanna use VII. I read the book, but I cannot decide which version I want to use. Sleepers are cool and mysterious, Akhuds have a very cool discipline and the Seven houses the most poetic backstory. Which version would you/ have you used and why? Give me some help to decide.

Keep on gaming,

Dennis

Akhud are my personal favorite, and got a sneaky 2e update in Thousand Years of Night.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I haven't really used the VII covenant at all so far; it's just something that hasn't really come up in my games. However, I did like the Seven Houses concept.

Comment

I like the versions in the VII book, the Sleepers are probably my favorite there, but my favorite potentials come from the Ancients line, the Edimmu, a plague of seven spirits that possess vampires and lure them into committing diablerie, through which the Edimmu multiply.

There's also one mentioned in Dogs of War. Zero Company, a group of vampires who work for the military, are controlled via brainwashing, Vinculum, and explosive collars that are sent to destroy other vampires. When they kill, they leave their mark, "Vampire Infestation Inoculated,' or VII.

And Greg Stolze had an idea he couldn't fit into the VII book. "Part of me wishes I’d gotten my chance to write up two lost clans who fused themselves with desperate spirits. The idea there was that there are only something like 500 Sevenites globally, and they can’t Embrace another until one of their current number has been killed. However, whenever a Sevenite is killed, his memories and spirit and personality aren’t lost. They just impose themselves on the person who gets a Sevenite embrace. Thus, those 500 Sevenites have all been killed and reincarnated, with their complete memories and skills, dozens of times. The only way to permanently put one down is diablerie, which is a touch job since they can usually kill themselves before the diablerist can get the job done."

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          I like the versions in the VII book, the Sleepers are probably my favorite there, but my favorite potentials come from the Ancients line, the Edimmu, a plague of seven spirits that possess vampires and lure them into committing diablerie, through which the Edimmu multiply.

There's also one mentioned in Dogs of War. Zero Company, a group of vampires who work for the military, are controlled via brainwashing, Vinculum, and explosive collars that are sent to destroy other vampires. When they kill, they leave their mark, "Vampire Infestation Inoculated,' or VII.

And Greg Stolze had an idea he couldn't fit into the VII book. "Part of me wishes I’d gotten my chance to write up two lost clans who fused themselves with desperate spirits. The idea there was that there are only something like 500 Sevenites globally, and they can’t Embrace another until one of their current number has been killed. However, whenever a Sevenite is killed, his memories and spirit and personality aren’t lost. They just impose themselves on the person who gets a Sevenite embrace. Thus, those 500 Sevenites have all been killed and reincarnated, with their complete memories and skills, dozens of times. The only way to permanently put one down is diablerie, which is a touch job since they can usually kill themselves before the diablerist can get the job done."
          I adore that last idea... but then again, I adore everythint Stolze does.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
          X