How to Stat Dracula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Stat Dracula

Hello. What sorts of powers and stats would you give Dracula in the modern day?

I generally wouldn't stat Dracula for the sole purpose of if it has stats then it can be beaten.

However, if I was statting Dracula then I would make him the vampire equivalent of an Archmage or Incarnate, and I'd give him five dots in all the coils.

After that then I would just start giving him dots in disciplines that I felt worked; Protean and Animalism are definite musts, and the physical disciplines make a lot of sense.

I would also give him dots in Cruac because of it's powers to form storms.

Otherwise, take your pick of the other disciplines.

Comment

He's definitely got Protean 5 (he turns into mist). Animalism at least 1 and probably more like 5 (he influences wolves, arguably more than one at a time, and could easily be argued to have the grounds around his castle under the effects of Lord of the Land). Obfuscate at least 1 and probably more like 4 (he hides himself from sight, and changes his appearance a few times, although it could be argued the latter is mundane disguise). Dominate at least 2 and probably closer to 4 (he controls a few people's minds, in particular Renfield seems to be under longer-term control, and while that could just be the effects of the blood bond, it could also be argued to be Iron Edict or even Conditioning). It's difficult to assess if he would have Auspex, Majesty, or Nightmare and at what levels. He's definitely alluring, frightening, and prescient, but whether mundanely or supernaturally so is difficult to say, and it's harder to pick out specific moments and say "that has to be this level of this power." Not sure what level Cruac a weather control ritual would be, but he's definitely got that. It's pretty much impossible to determine his levels of the physical disciplines, but he clearly has all three in some measure. In CofD, he'd presumably have all three of the standard Coils at high levels, considering he allegedly invented them; Ascendant in particular he either has above 5 or has some kind of crazy Scale for, because he walks in the sun unprotected and unharmed, if perhaps not at full strength. And that's just his Disciplines. I'm pretty sure he'd easily break 500 experiences.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

RE: Dracula

That will depend entirely on what sort of Dracula you want to use. The character has been interpreted, re-interpreted and re-invented endlessly so there is no one "definitive" version of the character. I would say decide the role you want him to play in your game and build accordingly.

I will post the version I use in my games below. Using the Dracula, Prince of Paris plot hook from the Chroniclers Guide as inspiration, this version has ruled the City of Lights for over 100 years under an alias. His use of the coils has pushed him beyond the limitations of clans and he is considered clanless (although as the Prince of Paris he poses as a Gangrel). He is careful not to expose the true extent for his power, lest others discover who is truly is.

Vlad Dracul – Dracula
        Mask: Master; Dirge: Philosopher
        Clan: Unknown
        Covenant: Unaligned

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 6, Wits 5, Resolve 5
        Physical Attributes: Strength 6, Dexterity 4, Stamina 6
        Social Attributes: Presence 6, Manipulation 4, Composure 6
        Skills: Academics 5(History, Religion), Animal Ken 5 (Children of the Night), Athletics 4, Brawl 4, Crafts 2, Expression 3 (Writing), Intimidation 6(Terror), Investigation 5 (Supernatural Mysteries), Medicine 3, Persuasion 5, Occult 6 (Transcendence), Politics 5 (Ordo Dracul), Ride 4, Science 3 (Experimentation), Socialize 5, Survival 4(Transylvania), Stealth 5, Subterfuge 5(Occult Secrets), Warfare 4, Weaponry 5(Halberd, Sword)
        Merits: Acute Senses, Allies (Many), Area of Expertise (Ordo Dracul, Transcendence), Around the Block, Claws of the Unholy, Contacts (Many), Cutthroat, Defensive Combat (Weaponry), Eidetic Memory, Etiquette 5, Encyclopedic Knowledge (Occult), Eye for the Strange, Fame 3, Haven 5, Herd 5, Indomitable, Inspiring, Iron Will, Language (Many), Meditative Mind 4, Professional Training 4 (Voivode; Persuasion, Politics, Warfare), Resources 5, Retainer 5,Safe Place 5, Status 5 (Prince of Paris), Striking Looks 1, Style: Armed Defense 3, Style: Heavy Weapons 4, Style: Kindred Dueling 4, Style: Mounted Combat 1, Style: Riding the Wave 5, Style: Weapon and Shield 2, Swarm Form, Taste, Tolerance for Biology, Trained Observer 1, Undeniable Aura
        Disciplines: Animalism 5, Auspex 5, Celerity 3, Dominate 4, Majesty 5, Nightmare 4, Obfuscate 4, Protean 5, Resilience 4, Vigor 4
        Blood Magic: Cruac 3 (Cheval, Deflection of Wooden Doom, Drops of Destiny, Touch of the Morrigan), Theban 3 (Damned Radiance, Malediction of Despair, Sanctity, Vitae Reliquary)
        Devotions: Annals of Death, Force of Nature, Legion, Quicken Sight, Shared Sight, Summoning, Vermin Flood
        Coils: Ascendant 5, Quintessence 5, Voivode 5, Wyrm 5, and likely more
        Humanity: 5
        Blood Potency: 6
        Willpower: 10
        Size: 5
        Initiative: 10
        Defense: 9
        Speed: 16
        Health: 11 -

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
        The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
        Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
        Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Here you go.

But seriously, he seems more like a mobile guy than he is usually depicted. Or was, I guess. Like, if he 'lived' in his castle, you have to imagine everyone would go see him, or die trying to. To any vampire hunter, he's got to be the biggest and most well-known name on the list. And of course any enemy of the Ordo Dracul would love to rip the secrets out of him, or just eliminate him as a claim to fame. Plus he potentially has God-Machine agents after him.

Count Motherfucking Dracula always said it was an inherited title, but I don't think it meant 'the' Dracula was dead.

In the Danse Macabre, we have the Dragon's Eye, a 'gonzo' version of the Ordo Dracul that I think was sort of combined with it to make the second edition Ordo. It says he occasionally visits their lairs, checks up on their research. It also says this, 'Thing is, Dracul doesn’t consider himself a vampire anymore. He thinks he’s transcended that. In fact, he can walk out in the day time, stakes don’t bother him, and most of the other restrictions have fallen away like dry scabs. Problem is, the conspiracy doesn’t yet know how to replicate it. The Coils are the closest they can get to cracking the powers that Dracul possesses.'

So why not? Powerful vampire, none of the vampire weaknesses. Just stuck with immortality and an eternal search for something else.

You might check this for personality, if interested.
          Last edited by nofather; 07-27-2017, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            In the Danse Macabre, we have the Dragon's Eye, a 'gonzo' version of the Ordo Dracul that I think was sort of combined with it to make the second edition Ordo.
            Side note - is it just me, or does it seem like they did a bit of that with all of the Covenants in 2e? It's most obvious with the Ordo and the Crone, the latter even gaining its gonzo version's name as one of its nicknames. But to me it seems like they all took a little bit of inspiration from their Danse Macabre equivalents for their 2e updates.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Enderdragon1201 View Post
              Hello. What sorts of powers and stats would you give Dracula in the modern day?

Very poor stats, with devotions he cant use and a build that any decent combat oriented PC could kick his ass with. Oh i was beaten to the punchline with that one

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
              He's definitely got Protean 5 (he turns into mist). Animalism at least 1 and probably more like 5 (he influences wolves, arguably more than one at a time, and could easily be argued to have the grounds around his castle under the effects of Lord of the Land). Obfuscate at least 1 and probably more like 4 (he hides himself from sight, and changes his appearance a few times, although it could be argued the latter is mundane disguise). Dominate at least 2 and probably closer to 4 (he controls a few people's minds, in particular Renfield seems to be under longer-term control, and while that could just be the effects of the blood bond, it could also be argued to be Iron Edict or even Conditioning). It's difficult to assess if he would have Auspex, Majesty, or Nightmare and at what levels. He's definitely alluring, frightening, and prescient, but whether mundanely or supernaturally so is difficult to say, and it's harder to pick out specific moments and say "that has to be this level of this power." Not sure what level Cruac a weather control ritual would be, but he's definitely got that. It's pretty much impossible to determine his levels of the physical disciplines, but he clearly has all three in some measure. In CofD, he'd presumably have all three of the standard Coils at high levels, considering he allegedly invented them; Ascendant in particular he either has above 5 or has some kind of crazy Scale for, because he walks in the sun unprotected and unharmed, if perhaps not at full strength. And that's just his Disciplines. I'm pretty sure he'd easily break 500 experiences.
              I would add that coils that makes you "one with the land" (its from the 1k Nights book) which sound very draculaish. The rest depends on what Dracula, i would say the blood armor devotion is must because i love that movie.
              Last edited by LokiRavenSpeak; 07-27-2017, 02:34 AM.

Comment

This is my personal view according with book and movie:

Int 4 wits 5 resolve 5
                Strenght 6 dex 3 stam 3
                Pres 5 manip 5 comp 4

Animal ken 5
                Weapon. 6/7
                Persuasion 5
                Other skill...

Protean 5
                Animalism 5
                Vigor 4
                Celerity 3
                Resilence 4
                Dominate 3
                Obfuscate 5
                Majesty 2
                Auspex 5
                Nightmare 4
                Coil of the Voivode 5
                Coil of the Ascendant 5
                Coil of the wyrm 5
                Coil of Zinitra 5

Devotion:

Force of Nature

Comment

Should Dracula not be last of Pijavica Clan members?

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
                  My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
                  MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    Should Dracula not be last of Pijavica Clan members?
                    No? He's not known for being a puddle of blood at any point. Gangrel is probably the best fit for his Clan if you're going to give him one, though there are a lot of good reasons to believe he's probably clanless.

Comment

Continuing the "Clanless" train of thought, the account of his final battle in Rites could actually be interpreted as him being a Revenant. I know the Coil of Blood isn't canon any more, but s Revenant's hunger would make a great impetus for him to have developed a Coil based around lessening reliance on feeding. He could also easily be a Neglatu and the brides his brood. That would explain his having rumored to have "embraced" them into different Clans.
                      Last edited by Charlaquin; 07-27-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

So, another potentially pertinent thought. Secrets of the Covenants has an astoundingly atmospheric fluff piece on the Brides and Dracula which suggests some very interesting things about him and the Coils. Part of which could also be interpreted for him originally being a Revenant or a Nosferatu.

Comment

Continuing the "Clanless" train of thought, the account of his final battle in Rites could actually be interpreted as him being a Revenant. I know the Coil of Blood isn't canon any more, but s Revenant's hunger would make a great impetus for him to have developed a Coil based around lessening reliance on feeding. He could also easily be a Neglatu and the brides his brood. That would explain his having rumored to have "embraced" them into different Clans.
                          Okay, Drakula being Neglatu and extending his evolution from it to 'transtendental vampires' of Ordo Dracul is greatest head canon I read on Vampire! Thank you, Willow!

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )

Comment

Thinking about it more - with reading of Lancea Sanctum book - 'Neglatu Theory' also nice answers Longinus. He was ever hungry Revenant until he meet Vahishtael.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                              Okay, Drakula being Neglatu and extending his evolution from it to 'transtendental vampires' of Ordo Dracul is greatest head canon I read on Vampire! Thank you, Willow!
                              That's some high praise! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X