No announcement yet.

You as a vampire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming immersion into the World of Darkness scenario where I currenty live... I have no control over who turns me, I don't have the money or political connections to be worth exploiting. I could be used by a vampire to get their claws into an international corporation by a slow replacement scheme if they wanted to do so gradually or without a hostile takeover type scenario or for some kind of computer hacking or identity theft scam but I would most likely get embraced as part of a Carthian mass embrace scheme to either destablize the rule in the domain by flooding the domain with a bunch of hungry bloodsucking monsters the sheriff and Masquerade police have to spend their time cleaning up and liquidating. Or the domain is involved in a turf war where they want cannon fodder to overrun an adjacent domain. I'd refuse which would either end up with me being killed or worse turned into some vinculum bound/Majesty drowned/Dominate crushed bitch so what I would think or want doesn't matter, I'm effectively dead. If the opportunity ever came up where I'd figure out what was done to me I'd scheme to break free and personally ensure the vampires responsible for violating me in that way gets a once in lifetime tour of the inside of the furnace of the local medical waste disposal or wastewater treatment plant.
    Some slightly less gruesome outcomes could have me get embraced by a vampire recluse for company or someone looking for someone to assist them with managing logistics and records of something. How that relationship plays out is dependant on the sire and how they treat me. I will never willingly join another cult of dogma or personality ever again so that rules out the traditional five.
    Last edited by tsusasi; 08-05-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
      Assuming immersion into the World of Darkness scenario where I currenty live... I have no control over who turns me, I don't have the money or political connections to be worth exploiting. I could be used by a vampire to get their claws into an international corporation by a slow replacement scheme if they wanted to do so gradually or without a hostile takeover type scenario or for some kind of computer hacking or identity theft scam but I would most likely get embraced as part of a Carthian mass embrace scheme to either destablize the rule in the domain by flooding the domain with a bunch of hungry bloodsucking monsters the sheriff and Masquerade police have to spend their time cleaning up and liquidating. Or the domain is involved in a turf war where they want cannon fodder to overrun an adjacent domain. I'd refuse which would either end up with me being killed or worse turned into some vinculum bound/Majesty drowned/Dominate crushed bitch so what I would think or want doesn't matter, I'm effectively dead. If the opportunity ever came up where I'd figure out what was done to me I'd scheme to break free and personally ensure the vampires responsible for violating me in that way gets a once in lifetime tour of the inside of the furnace of the local medical waste disposal or wastewater treatment plant.
      Some slightly less gruesome outcomes could have me get embraced by a vampire recluse for company or someone looking for someone to assist them with managing logistics and records of something. How that relationship plays out is dependant on the sire and how they treat me. I will never willingly join another cult of dogma or personality every again so that rules out the traditional five.
      Well... assuming the gruesome did or didn't happen, what do you think you would be?

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
        Some slightly less gruesome outcomes could have me get embraced by a vampire recluse for company or someone looking for someone to assist them with managing logistics and records of something. How that relationship plays out is dependant on the sire and how they treat me. I will never willingly join another cult of dogma or personality every again so that rules out the traditional five.

Know what? The boring project you are working on right now in your corp, you know what I mean, that thing you are doing on Monday... it is not what you think it is. Yes really.
        You just donĀ“t know what it is... So you are a VERY important person over night... The vampires want you as their inside man!

Comment

Originally posted by Ameraaaaaa View Post
          A well what about be being gangril also ether cathen or orde drkul I'd hope to be a bloodline good for combat and be the guy who takes care of punksthat need taking care of then as i become more powerful I'd rule though force and by as much goules and full vampire goons as possible then try and take over other places with vampires until i gain a vampire kingdom full of loyal subjects
          Well that's certainly one way to go about it!

Comment

As stated in the other thread, I'd probably end up an unaligned Nosferatu. If I decided to join a Covenant it would most likely be the Carthians, with Lancea et Sanctum as my second choice.

Comment

Well, I'd much prefer to be a Gangrel, turned at the age of 14-18 when I was at my most athletic, casually exploring abandoned buildings and ravines and the like for fun.
              Plus, I've got a reputation for being resilient, various fires and automobile accidents and I've only ever broken my arm - and even then I walked my bike home with a pretty clear head.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post
                Hey all, Korogra here again! In order to pass the time on my phone and because these sorts of threads are typically amusing and a fun way to kill time, let us ponder on one of the most obvious questions one could ask: If you were one of the Kindred, what sort of vampire would you be? What is your clan ( and the reason why), which of the covenants did you get sucked into, if any, and what would you would typically be doing in vampiric society? To break the Ice, I'll start us off:

(Put some more thought into it, this time.)

Hmmm, I would personally have to say Nosferatu would be my clan, with my embrace being a step up from my current lifestyle. I'm not very educated or attractive to be around, but I have proven to be quite manipulative when I want to, and there have been times when I quickly respond to a situation without having to think about it. It's possible the Nosferatu may be looking to help me cultivate these skills into something useful to (their) society. Plus, I was that kid who was intentionally weird or creepy in school just to get a reaction out of people. So I might just fit right in with the other Nosferatu pranksters. I might even be a Nightmare prodigy and not realize it.

I am not a political person, so my choice of covenant would be based on other agendas than arguing over which traditions to value. I would be immediately drawn to the Circle of the Crone as soon as I found out they were practicing actual magic (that works). I have always been fascinated by magic and mysticism. When I was younger, I was a true believer in its power and often hoped of coming across a legitimate spell book from time to time. But with my pain tolerance being what it is, I doubt I'd advance very far in Cruac unless I went through some intense physical training.

The second option would be remaining Unaligned and trying to stay out of everybody's way unless they picked a fight with me first. Though I'd still be a Circle sympathizer, even if I wasn't a fully recognized member. I wouldn't be a member of the Ordo because I don't have the attention span for it, and I would never join the Lancea because I already renounced Catholicism twice. The Invictus are powerful, but laughably outdated and the Carthians simply don't interest me.

As for nightly activities, I imagine I'd find work as either a background informant or hired security (putting that clan's Potence to good use). If I were unaligned, my services would be based on pragmatism. Whichever client is most beneficial to me would get my cooperation, regardless of our previous dealings. If I joined the Circle, however, my goals would probably be centered around the pursuit of occult knowledge and magical power.
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-29-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Being the sexy emotional wreck that I am I think I'd perfectly fit with the Daeva

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

(Put some more thought into it, this time.)

Hmmm, I would personally have to say Nosferatu would be my clan, with my embrace being a step up from my current lifestyle. I'm not very educated or attractive to be around, but I have proven to be quite manipulative when I want to, and there have been times when I quickly respond to a situation without having to think about it. It's possible the Nosferatu may be looking to help me cultivate these skills into something useful to (their) society. Plus, I was that kid who was intentionally weird or creepy in school just to get a reaction out of people. So I might just fit right in with the other Nosferatu pranksters. I might even be a Nightmare prodigy and not realize it.

I am not a political person, so my choice of covenant would be based on other agendas than arguing over which traditions to value. I would be immediately drawn to the Circle of the Crone as soon as I found out they were practicing actual magic (that works). I have always been fascinated by magic and mysticism. When I was younger, I was a true believer in its power and often hoped of coming across a legitimate spell book from time to time. But with my pain tolerance being what it is, I doubt I'd advance very far in Cruac unless I went through some intense physical training.

The second option would be remaining Unaligned and trying to stay out of everybody's way unless they picked a fight with me first. Though I'd still be a Circle sympathizer, even if I wasn't a fully recognized member. I wouldn't be a member of the Ordo because I don't have the attention span for it, and I would never join the Lancea because I already renounced Catholicism twice. The Invictus are powerful, but laughably outdated and the Carthians simply don't interest me.

As for nightly activities, I imagine I'd find work as either a background informant or hired security (putting that clan's Potence to good use). If I were unaligned, my services would be based on pragmatism. Whichever client is most beneficial to me would get my cooperation, regardless of our previous dealings. If I joined the Circle, however, my goals would probably be centered around the pursuit of occult knowledge and magical power.
                    Well, that doesn't sound so bad for an eternity. Maybe one day you'd be a mover and shaker

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post
                      Being the sexy emotional wreck that I am I think I'd perfectly fit with the Daeva
                      Whys that?

Comment

Originally posted by Arduras View Post
                        Well, I'd much prefer to be a Gangrel, turned at the age of 14-18 when I was at my most athletic, casually exploring abandoned buildings and ravines and the like for fun.
                        Plus, I've got a reputation for being resilient, various fires and automobile accidents and I've only ever broken my arm - and even then I walked my bike home with a pretty clear head.
                        Few are as resilient as the Gangrel fortunately; Vampire un life is considerably more dangerous than simple fires or car accidents haha.

Comment

Honestly, I can see myself as belonging to any clan given the right circumstances, but in general I think I would go with a Mental/Social/Physical Attribute, Social/Mental/Physical Skill Daeva. My sire Embraces me because, despite the fact that I'm generally considered attractive in a bearish way, I don't rely on my looks to get ahead. My sire's the kind of Daeva who believes that the head on your shoulders is usually more useful than the body it rests on. And even in life, people just liked me: I could be friendly and strike up a conversation with pretty much anybody.

I initially turn to the Ordo because their scholasticism and focus on evolving the vampiric condition attracts me (and let's face it, who doesn't want to join the covenant founded by Count Freaking Dracula?), but old habits die hard and the whole "spit in the face of God and make him allow it" is too blasphemous for my Catholic upbringing to stand. Still, I stay on professional terms and am allowed access to their archives and such from time to time. The Circle of the Crone appeals to my long-standing fascination with mythology, but the violence of their rituals repulses me; still, they know how to party. The Carthians sound pretty cool (vampires who like democracy? Sign me up!) but eventually I see how far they are willing to go to achieve their ideals, and I've had enough experience in life with extreme politics to know how that ends. The Lancea et Sanctum naturally appeals to my Catholic upbringing, but it's just a little too blasphemous for my tastes. Finally, I settle on the Invictus, because they may be monsters, but we're all monsters, and ultimately pragmatism is more valuable to me than ideology. But since I was careful enough to not burn bridges with the others, I find myself in a unique position to act as an emissary for the Invictus to the other covenants.

I get a reputation as the "reasonable" or "cool" Invictus neonate, not one of those stuck-up, stuffy ones. It's amazing how far a little respect and civility can go in the All-Night Society. I have allies and contacts in every covenant, and I'm constantly presenting the perspectives of the Invictus to the other covenants, and vice versa- calmly, politely, frankly. I never resort to violence, I leave that to the knights, I just turn my head and mutter something about rabid dogs needing to be put down. Within the Invictus, I don't present myself as ambitious (because that's a death sentence), but I'm always on the lookout when people further up the food chain drop the ball, and I'm always there picking up the slack, doing whatever my superiors need me to. Eventually, I'm just too useful and loyal to let die. I'm everybody's friend, no way are the elders going to let some neonate or ancilla off me. And after decades of networking and hard work, I win the eye of the Prince and become Seneschal, the most trusted vampire in the domain. And then, after a century or two, the Prince announces their impending torpor, and the crown passes to the only man he can trust to keep the ship on course: me, the nice Daeva who, through a long process of favors and a nice friendly attitude, has the backing and support of every elder in the domain. And maybe, when the Prince reawakens, the elders don't want him to take the reins back. Because who do they trust more, the guy who's been out of commission for a century or so, or the guy who's been working his butt off with a smile on his face to keep things going smoothly?

... Dear Lord, I've given this way too much thought.

TL;DR A Daeva who avoids the whole "vampire sex god" shtick to focus on becoming a spokesman and emissary for the Invictus, and works his way up the ladder through a combination of good personality, competence, strong work ethic, and a healthy sense of realpolitik.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

Well, that doesn't sound so bad for an eternity. Maybe one day you'd be a mover and shaker

And deal with the headache of managing a bunch of 300 year old politicians?

No thank you!

Sitting close to the throne can be more comfortable than sitting atop it.
                            Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-30-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I usually think that, realistically speaking, if I lived in the CoD setting I'd probably be dead, broken or a thrall to supernaturals. Possibly all of that, to be honest.

That said, if I happened to become a Vampire, I'll probably join the Ordo Dracul. It's all about the Coils. Since I gotta deal with unlife, I might as well try to limit the negative sides where I can. I don't need exclusive powers or a place of importance in a court of corpses, but if you tell me there's a way I can make everday existence easier on a practical side, I'm sold. Vampires rank a bit low on my personal "list of CoD splats I'd like to be", so you can understand.

As for Clan...I have no idea. Anybody has suggestions?

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                              Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps". When not busy writing homebrew, I also try to write CoD fiction. (All paused until August)

Waiting feverishly as instructed

Comment

Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post
                                Honestly, I can see myself as belonging to any clan given the right circumstances, but in general I think I would go with a Mental/Social/Physical Attribute, Social/Mental/Physical Skill Daeva. My sire Embraces me because, despite the fact that I'm generally considered attractive in a bearish way, I don't rely on my looks to get ahead. My sire's the kind of Daeva who believes that the head on your shoulders is usually more useful than the body it rests on. And even in life, people just liked me: I could be friendly and strike up a conversation with pretty much anybody.

I initially turn to the Ordo because their scholasticism and focus on evolving the vampiric condition attracts me (and let's face it, who doesn't want to join the covenant founded by Count Freaking Dracula?), but old habits die hard and the whole "spit in the face of God and make him allow it" is too blasphemous for my Catholic upbringing to stand. Still, I stay on professional terms and am allowed access to their archives and such from time to time. The Circle of the Crone appeals to my long-standing fascination with mythology, but the violence of their rituals repulses me; still, they know how to party. The Carthians sound pretty cool (vampires who like democracy? Sign me up!) but eventually I see how far they are willing to go to achieve their ideals, and I've had enough experience in life with extreme politics to know how that ends. The Lancea et Sanctum naturally appeals to my Catholic upbringing, but it's just a little too blasphemous for my tastes. Finally, I settle on the Invictus, because they may be monsters, but we're all monsters, and ultimately pragmatism is more valuable to me than ideology. But since I was careful enough to not burn bridges with the others, I find myself in a unique position to act as an emissary for the Invictus to the other covenants.

I get a reputation as the "reasonable" or "cool" Invictus neonate, not one of those stuck-up, stuffy ones. It's amazing how far a little respect and civility can go in the All-Night Society. I have allies and contacts in every covenant, and I'm constantly presenting the perspectives of the Invictus to the other covenants, and vice versa- calmly, politely, frankly. I never resort to violence, I leave that to the knights, I just turn my head and mutter something about rabid dogs needing to be put down. Within the Invictus, I don't present myself as ambitious (because that's a death sentence), but I'm always on the lookout when people further up the food chain drop the ball, and I'm always there picking up the slack, doing whatever my superiors need me to. Eventually, I'm just too useful and loyal to let die. I'm everybody's friend, no way are the elders going to let some neonate or ancilla off me. And after decades of networking and hard work, I win the eye of the Prince and become Seneschal, the most trusted vampire in the domain. And then, after a century or two, the Prince announces their impending torpor, and the crown passes to the only man he can trust to keep the ship on course: me, the nice Daeva who, through a long process of favors and a nice friendly attitude, has the backing and support of every elder in the domain. And maybe, when the Prince reawakens, the elders don't want him to take the reins back. Because who do they trust more, the guy who's been out of commission for a century or so, or the guy who's been working his butt off with a smile on his face to keep things going smoothly?

... Dear Lord, I've given this way too much thought.

TL;DR A Daeva who avoids the whole "vampire sex god" shtick to focus on becoming a spokesman and emissary for the Invictus, and works his way up the ladder through a combination of good personality, competence, strong work ethic, and a healthy sense of realpolitik.
                                I like this because it's not to dissimilar from how I'd go about it. Now while I'm not Catholic, my Baptist upbringing makes all the religious Covenants too unappealing, though I would say that maybe a couple of centuries down the road the Lancea Et Sanctum might strike an accord once my vampire existence finally fully bleeds into my world views

Comment

Working...
                                X