You as a vampire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinder View Post

As for Clan...I have no idea. Anybody has suggestions?

Without knowing more about you on a personal level, I don't think anybody can recommend a clan. It all comes down to whether or not you have something that the clan is looking to add to their ranks. As I said, I have a knack for subterfuge and going with my instincts over formal training, which is why I think the Nosferatu would be interested in me. So what talents do you think would make you a useful candidate?

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
      I usually think that, realistically speaking, if I lived in the CoD setting I'd probably be dead, broken or a thrall to supernaturals. Possibly all of that, to be honest.

That said, if I happened to become a Vampire, I'll probably join the Ordo Dracul. It's all about the Coils. Since I gotta deal with unlife, I might as well try to limit the negative sides where I can. I don't need exclusive powers or a place of importance in a court of corpses, but if you tell me there's a way I can make everday existence easier on a practical side, I'm sold. Vampires rank a bit low on my personal "list of CoD splats I'd like to be", so you can understand.

As for Clan...I have no idea. Anybody has suggestions?
      Mekhet or Gangrel maybe? Nosferatu?

Comment

I haven't put a lot of thought into this, but:

I am good at research, at digging up information, at contextualizing it, and at connecting the dots to produce educated guesses about information I do not have. I think I'd be Mekhet because of that. I have a tendency to create personas for different social contexts that would probably serve me well with some aspects of Obfuscate and doing Mekhet stuff.

As far as covenant goes, I'd either end up in the Circle of the Crone because of my religious leanings or the Carthians because of my political leanings (or possibly a bit of both with either the Chorister or Casual User merits). If in the Circle of the Crone I'm not sure I'd go all in on the sheer bloodiness of the covenant, at least not at first. It'd take a bit of time to work through my "humanity" to the point that it becomes, if not acceptable, then tolerable. That might take some time, however. If Carthian, I'm not sure where precisely I'd end up. I know that Carthians also use their political leanings and connections as a means to an end that humans do not, because vampire but my thoughts on this are not fully formed at this time. I do know that when I've been in organizations and movements in real life that I tend to make a good impression and sometimes make my way up the ladder a bit relatively easily. That may be the case in the Carthians moreso than in the Circle. Aaaand thinking about it now I think I'd probably go Carthian with Chorister merit.

I don't really have any long-term stuff in mind. It seems to me that surviving and thriving as a neonate is a pretty monumental task on its own, and I'm not really up to planning that far ahead yet. If I were to play myself as this character then certainly plans would develop over time as I become a part of the Carthian and city's social fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

I like this because it's not to dissimilar from how I'd go about it. Now while I'm not Catholic, my Baptist upbringing makes all the religious Covenants too unappealing, though I would say that maybe a couple of centuries down the road the Lancea Et Sanctum might strike an accord once my vampire existence finally fully bleeds into my world views
          I would eventually come to see the Sanctified as a decent way of keeping a lid on the local humans- "Archbishop, the First Estate can no longer tolerate the existence of the Broad Street Slasher. If you could send your best men to find and eliminate this menace, we would be indebted."

I think I would be Sanctified if I got Embraced as a Nosferatu. Literally seeing myself twisted into a monster, I think the Sanctified would make a lot of head way if they came to me with a pitch like, "You are damned, but you can still serve God if you help us hunt down the wicked and punish them."

In general, Requiem works very well on an archetypal level that everybody is going to be able to see a little bit of each clan in themselves. And that's the fun of it, I think: identifying one of your character flaws (or who knows, maybe even one your good traits) and translating it into a clan/covenant combination.

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
            I haven't put a lot of thought into this, but:

I am good at research, at digging up information, at contextualizing it, and at connecting the dots to produce educated guesses about information I do not have. I think I'd be Mekhet because of that. I have a tendency to create personas for different social contexts that would probably serve me well with some aspects of Obfuscate and doing Mekhet stuff.

As far as covenant goes, I'd either end up in the Circle of the Crone because of my religious leanings or the Carthians because of my political leanings (or possibly a bit of both with either the Chorister or Casual User merits). If in the Circle of the Crone I'm not sure I'd go all in on the sheer bloodiness of the covenant, at least not at first. It'd take a bit of time to work through my "humanity" to the point that it becomes, if not acceptable, then tolerable. That might take some time, however. If Carthian, I'm not sure where precisely I'd end up. I know that Carthians also use their political leanings and connections as a means to an end that humans do not, because vampire but my thoughts on this are not fully formed at this time. I do know that when I've been in organizations and movements in real life that I tend to make a good impression and sometimes make my way up the ladder a bit relatively easily. That may be the case in the Carthians moreso than in the Circle. Aaaand thinking about it now I think I'd probably go Carthian with Chorister merit.

I don't really have any long-term stuff in mind. It seems to me that surviving and thriving as a neonate is a pretty monumental task on its own, and I'm not really up to planning that far ahead yet. If I were to play myself as this character then certainly plans would develop over time as I become a part of the Carthian and city's social fabric.
            While I fully get behind playing a Mekhet like that, I just can't ever see the appeal of the Crone. Like the Lance, it's playing on becoming a divinely ordained Predator, and while I buy into the adaptation and evolution bit ( that's part of why I love Gangrel so much, they are ever changing)... it's too close to the Beast and therefore the Strix for my liking lol

Now you never have to play it that way, in fact one of my favorite stories in the Strix Chronicles Anthology is Owl Sign and it has one of the most relatable Acolytes I've ever seen... but still lol

Comment

Originally posted by Haberdasher View Post

I would eventually come to see the Sanctified as a decent way of keeping a lid on the local humans- "Archbishop, the First Estate can no longer tolerate the existence of the Broad Street Slasher. If you could send your best men to find and eliminate this menace, we would be indebted."

I think I would be Sanctified if I got Embraced as a Nosferatu. Literally seeing myself twisted into a monster, I think the Sanctified would make a lot of head way if they came to me with a pitch like, "You are damned, but you can still serve God if you help us hunt down the wicked and punish them."

In general, Requiem works very well on an archetypal level that everybody is going to be able to see a little bit of each clan in themselves. And that's the fun of it, I think: identifying one of your character flaws (or who knows, maybe even one your good traits) and translating it into a clan/covenant combination.
              Agreed, I think I'd come around to a similar point of view eventual were I one of the Kindred, though I'd still try to keep most of my mortal beliefs in order to help my hold on Hunanity be that much stronger. True faith does not need the physical temple after all .

Comment

As far as Clan goes, I'd most likely wind up either a Mekhet who dabbles in Animalism early on, or (less likely) an Animalism-focused Ventrue with a similar amount of dabbling in Obfuscate and just enough Dominate to pry secrets out of people or make them just, y'know... "fuck off for awhile". And I'd probably get it into my head to seek out or eventually try to create a Bloodline that yielded in-clan Dominate and/or Animalism (if Mekhet) with Celerity being dropped if opting for both, or Auspex (if Ventrue) and maybe Obfuscate in exchange for Resilience.

For Covenant, knowing me I'd either be unaligned or splitting my allegiance three ways between the Carthians, the Circle of the Crone, and the Ordo Dracul. The Carthians as less of a front-liner and more of the "set you up with info and a place to stay" type, since my political leanings aren't going to just disappear through the Embrace but I'm, ah, not the most physically capable on a mundane level; the Circle as a way to explore the spiritual aspects and see if they clicked where mortal stuff hasn't, and to get a basic feel for actual literal magic; the Ordo... the Ordo would be out of a combination of sheer self-serving curiosity about Everything That Goes Bump and a desire to patch up whatever issues carried over from my living body, with some study of the actual Coils carrying over from there.

Eventually, particularly once the ol' Humanity dropped a bit and settled, I'd probably be the sort to start funneling bits of non-vampire-y supernatural info (and some low-end maybe-cursed-maybe-just-magical trinkets) to some of the small-town paranormal investigator types. A haunting here, a weird animal sighting there... if they live and report back, that's some additional info in my pocket and perhaps some new allies (maybe even eventual ghouls, if they keep coming back), and if they die then that's fewer potential hunters to cause trouble down the line and a distinct "Do Not Go Here Unprepared" warning to spread among associates and existing allies.
                Last edited by Sconce; 07-30-2017, 07:49 PM.

Have a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing posts after, well, posting them. Bear with me...

Comment

While I fully get behind playing a Mekhet like that, I just can't ever see the appeal of the Crone. Like the Lance, it's playing on becoming a divinely ordained Predator, and while I buy into the adaptation and evolution bit ( that's part of why I love Gangrel so much, they are ever changing)... it's too close to the Beast and therefore the Strix for my liking lol

Now you never have to play it that way, in fact one of my favorite stories in the Strix Chronicles Anthology is Owl Sign and it has one of the most relatable Acolytes I've ever seen... but still lol
                  It's fine if you don't see the appeal of the Crone, because you didn't make my post. I do see the appeal of the Crone, although I admit that they are pretty savage and bloodthirsty.

Comment

Nosferatu, Carthian or Circle. I'll dig up the explanation from last time this convo happened and then add one why possibly Circle.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                    Work Blog Coming Soon
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Whys that?

I'm an emotionally volatile, easily agitated teenager who is considered physically attractive by many people, if that's not Daeva I don't know what is.

Comment

If I got to make all the choices, let's see. I would be a Mekhet since I generally prefer to blend into the background and observe others already. Upon learning of the existence of spirits, ghosts, and strix, I would try to become a Khaibit to provide as much protection as I could from such things.

I would find the religious covenants a bit frightening. The hypocrisy of the Carthians would annoy me enough that I would probably try to bring them down if I could get away with it cleanly. I might affiliate with the Invictus but the power struggle thing wouldn't interest me, so I wouldn't want to join. The goal of transcendence the Ordo Dracul has is similar to evolution so I would give that a try. I think I would go for the Mystery of the Ascendant. I'm not sure if I would be interested or successful in Dragon politics, and I know I would avoid joining the Sworn of the Axe. If I felt the need to become involved in vampire society generally then I would try working with the sheriff.

I would try to find a Gangrel to make friends with so I could learn out of clan disciplines. Of the remaining three clans, the mental disciplines wouldn't interest me much. I think the most useful would be Majesty, but I don't like to be the center of attention, so I don't know that would work out. I suppose given enough time I might become jaded enough to think Dominate was a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                          If I got to make all the choices, let's see. I would be a Mekhet since I generally prefer to blend into the background and observe others already. Upon learning of the existence of spirits, ghosts, and strix, I would try to become a Khaibit to provide as much protection as I could from such things.

I would find the religious covenants a bit frightening. The hypocrisy of the Carthians would annoy me enough that I would probably try to bring them down if I could get away with it cleanly. I might affiliate with the Invictus but the power struggle thing wouldn't interest me, so I wouldn't want to join. The goal of transcendence the Ordo Dracul has is similar to evolution so I would give that a try. I think I would go for the Mystery of the Ascendant. I'm not sure if I would be interested or successful in Dragon politics, and I know I would avoid joining the Sworn of the Axe. If I felt the need to become involved in vampire society generally then I would try working with the sheriff.

I would try to find a Gangrel to make friends with so I could learn out of clan disciplines. Of the remaining three clans, the mental disciplines wouldn't interest me much. I think the most useful would be Majesty, but I don't like to be the center of attention, so I don't know that would work out. I suppose given enough time I might become jaded enough to think Dominate was a good idea.
                          Is it bad that out of all of the ( two) actually stated out 2nd ed bloodlines Khaibit are the coolest shit ever?

hm, Sworn of the Dying Light is a pretty good Sworn to be part of if you're more of the Scholarly bent.

Well, if you are looking for a badass friend, you never can go wrong with a Gangrel XD
                          Last edited by Korogra; 07-31-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

So I forgot that you can be a member of two covenants without having to take those 2 pt merits so I'm slightly changing my answer to "I'd have Carthian and Crone membership."

I agree that the Khaibit are indeed the coolest shit ever. Made me get the books they appeared in to get more information. Not sure I'd personally want to be one, but not sure I wouldn't want to be. I may revisit the bloodline question later.

Comment

Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
                              So I forgot that you can be a member of two covenants without having to take those 2 pt merits so I'm slightly changing my answer to "I'd have Carthian and Crone membership."

I agree that the Khaibit are indeed the coolest shit ever. Made me get the books they appeared in to get more information. Not sure I'd personally want to be one, but not sure I wouldn't want to be. I may revisit the bloodline question later.
                              Speaking of Bloodlines, since I completely forgot about those... I'd probably be a Shepard, considering my protective instincts XD
                              Last edited by Korogra; 07-31-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Is it bad that out of all of the ( two) actually stated out 2nd ed bloodlines Khaibit are the coolest shit ever?

hm, Sworn of the Dying Light is a pretty good Sworn to be part of if you're more of the Scholarly bent.

Well, if you are looking for a badass friend, you never can go wrong with a Gangrel XD
                                No, although I would be more drawn to the ephemeral combat and darkness sight more than anything. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother with a Mekhet bloodline. Scholar or diplomat would be a tough decision. Either fits me better than warrior. I'm not sure I would be interested in a Dragon's idea of "research". I would probably only join for the coils which apparently is pretty common. A badass friend wouldn't hurt, but I would focus on Protean teacher. Gangrel would actually be my second choice but the Mekhet role probably fits me better, a bit half-Mekhet and half-Gangrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X