Half-Damned - what do we know?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Damned - what do we know?

Other than that it is going to be about ghouls revenants and dhampirs, as player characters, what do we know, if anything, about VtM: Half Damned?

I've heard it's a book.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

thanks Lex i never would have known

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        I've heard it's a book.
        Actually, word is that it is only a PDF unless you specifically request the book.

Comment

According to the MMN not only is it in post editing dev but artists right now are somewhere making art to put in it.

Comment

I seem to recall hearing that the dhampirs are not the same dhampirs that were in Wicked Dead.

Comment

I think there was supposed to be updates on ghoul families and the dhampirs are still supposed to be problems for their vampire parents but more easily playable.

Comment

I really, really wish they would release more teasers for this book, especially since it's now in art direction. Perhaps after GenCon they'll have time for that?

My broad expectation is that we'll see an update on the ghouls book for 2e, lumping in further info on families, dhampiers, and other variations of a partial vampiric curse or lingering influence. Ghouls 1e is actually a rather heavy-handed book in my opinion, in line with 1e generally; I hope that Half-damned takes a lighter touch and emphasizes the range of play within the material.

--Khanwulf

Comment

I assume it'll be in the pamphlet when they release that.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                    I think ... dhampirs are still supposed to be problems for their vampire parents but more easily playable.
                    I think the phrase was "still a demonstration of why vampires are their own biggest reason they can't have nice things."

Comment

I believe Revenants are supposed to be in the book, with some more stuff to make them player characters.

Comment

I'll try to arrange some more direct spoilers in the future, but I thought I'd note that this book's design process came up in a CtL thread:

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                        Danielle and I sat down at Gen Con last year and had a long talk about Half-Damned. We'd looked at dhampir in Wicked Dead, and we loved the conflicts they set up for vampires. But when you're looking at player characters (or even just a part of the mythos that we mention more than once), being a literal curse seemed too one-note. And Danielle's insight was that if you have dhampir in the first place, and you have Kindred trying to be parents (or abandoning their kids) when the Requiem is usually one long solo... well, you've got plenty of conflict right there.

So you'll see in Half-Damned that although there are definitely some unique supernatural angles, and while the conflicts from Wicked Dead are still there, the Vampire team looked at them much more from the perspective of "okay, what would actually happen if occasionally a vampire becomes a mom? what are all the ways that could go wrong? and most importantly: why would they do it anyway?"

Rose Bailey
                        Onyx Path Development Producer
                        Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

"okay, what would actually happen if occasionally a vampire becomes a mom? what are all the ways that could go wrong? and most importantly: why would they do it anyway?
                          this, This is the reason i am so interested in this book!!

Comment

Good. I never thought Wicked Dead dhampir were useful outside of an antagonist and they didn't really need a curse to serve that role, although it certainly made them more generally useful as antagonists. If someone is playing a vampire that has a kid then I think they deserve full support in an attempt to be a parent because there is so much that can go wrong. Seemed a poor choice to basically say to a vampire player their character has a kid now they need to avoid them at all costs.

Of all things that could be spoiled, I want to know the role of a dhampir. Normally, I prefer mechanics and feel "meh" over fluff spoilers, but I think the aspect of that interests me most of all the subject matter of the book is how a vampire deals with having a child and not old life leftovers either. It has to be shocking.

Comment

Well, now we know this.

http://theonyxpath.com/dhampir-vampire-the-requiem/

CofD booklists:
                              Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Working...
                              X