This is Not For You to Understand [Eschaton Expansion]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Not For You to Understand [Eschaton Expansion]

Few days ago, I someone mentioned to me the Testament of Longinus- and more exactly the Book of Eschaton. I must say that it reminded me how much I liked that part of the Testament- it actually was my favorite, as it had some beautiful imagery in it, not to mention the way the different gamelines and the Wicked Dead were presented in it. However, the CofD has grew since then, adding new gamelines and material to its rich setting, and that maybe thought that perhaps it was the time for more "lost shards" of Eschaton to resurface, mentioning the rest of the gamelines, or maybe some other lesser templates, Wicked Dead or any other strange phenomena (hey, the Lucifuge were mentioned separately. Maybe we can do the same for others!).

Anyway, here are my ideas for such new shards. Feel free to suggest your own versions or write entirely new ones, to either of the "crossover visions" (that is, the one granted by Amoniel or by Vahishtael).

And we went to a great city, built from blood and stone in the middle of a red desert. As we walked through the city's streets, I've noticed that there was no living soul behind its walls- only corpses were found, with some well kept and covered with funeral robes, sitting in their houses as if they were still alive, while others were left out on the streets to be eaten by the beasts of the fields and the birds of the sky. We walked into the grand plaza, and there I saw group of undertakers, their number two scores and two and on their heads they wore the masks of wild animals. They walked through the dead city's streets and houses, collecting the corpses which were its residents and gathered them all on their wagons before marching back to the heart of the city. After they managed to gather all of the corpses, the undertakers looked at the starry skies and said "God has died and Heaven is unguarded. If we were to build a tower, we can be like the God, and rule death instead of being its slaves!".

They took the corpses off the wagons, and used them as a foundation for the great structure- using the devoured corpses as its base, and the well kept corpses for the higher levels. Out of the undertakers, seven stayed outside of the tower, and they told themselves "let our brothers and sisters work hard and build the tower for us, and when they'll be tired from work, we will use them as a stepping stone and take the stars for ourselves!". They kept corpses of their own, meant to be used at the finale step for Heaven, and watched as the tower progressed beyond the world. And when the tower of corpses was finished and the seven decided it was the time to execute their plans, they discovered that they were deceived- for the gates were locked, for their brothers and sisters knew what they planned. Gleeful with their victory, the undertakers reached out to the stars- when a great tremor passed through the tower, for the beasts of the field and the birds of the sky kept gorging themselves upon the exposed corpses at its base. The tower collapsed under it own weight, taking its makers with it, smashing the seven while they kept screaming to let them in.

I looked at Amoniel, wondering about the things I saw, when he pointed once more, and I understood there were yet things for me to see- for while they fell, the undertakers tried to grasp the stars, and moved them from their orbits in the attempt. And as the strange stars shined upon the dead city, the corpses moved and got upon their legs, for they forgot their own death. And those corpses which were eaten by the beast of the field and the bird of the sky were filled with rage for being used as stepping stone by the other corpses, and turned upon them. And those corpses which were meant to be the finale step for Heaven but were locked out were filled with rage for having their fate denied by the other corpses, and fell upon them. And the rest of the corpses remembered nothing of being used as a tower by the undertakers, and fought among themselves about who was the one to blame for the tower's fall. And among the chaos, one corpse looked around itself, and understood that the dead city was no more, and that the it had no place in it. It left the city, following the strange stars- and as it crossed its walls, it was no longer a corpse, but a man.

And I said to Amoniel the angel "What does it mean?" and the angel said "This is not for you to understand. This is only for you to set down so others might understand"

We stood at the edge of the cliff, and looked at the cloudy skies. Above us, the wagon wheels were hanged, constantly spinning as they moved the earth and the sky, the moon and the sun and the stars in their crystal domes. Each of the wheels had a role of its own, creating a grand mechanism which had no beginning and no end, for it was the mechanism which has kept moving the world after God's death. Far bellows us, people has gathered under the wheels, and they believed them to be like God which now died and made them sacrifices and sang prayers to them so the mechanism would keep at its constant movement. The wheels kept on going, and the blood of the sacrifices was spilled upon them to sooth their movement and slow their grinding. And when the wheels were finally grinned, the mechanism replaced them with others, and kept moving and moving. It looked like ages has passed while I watched the divine mechanism, for time had no meaning for a movement which knew no beginning or an end, when one of the wheels opened its eye, looked at the people bellow it and stopped its spinning. "Why should I keep moving when God is dead?" the wheel has asked "Why can't I take my place among the Adam's children, instead of waiting for my eventual end?" And the wheel left the sky and fell to earth, entering the body of a man who sang prayers in its honor, and it became the man. As the wheel left the skies, the mechanism shrieked with error, for its constant movement was stopped. The clouds grew dark as the mechanism raged, and other wheels were sent to find the rouge one, to blind it and bring it back to the mechanism. However, it was nowhere to be found, for the mechanism couldn't different it from the man it became. And other wheels has followed the first, and as the wheels became men, the mechanism took men to replace its wheels, and the world grew darker and darker as the mechanism went out of control without a God to guide it.

And I said to Amoniel the angel "What does it mean?" and the angel said "This is not for you to understand. This is only for you to set down so others might understand"

We entered into the dark forest, and as we walked I heard a sound like the one of a woman giving birth. We went to the source of the sound, and in the middle of the forest we found her- a naked women, her stomach swollen and pregnant, her hair black as the night and her eyes golden as a beast, her teeth are sharp and her hands ending with claws. She was alone in the forest, and screamed with the voice of a serpent and a wolf and a crow and a man. I watched as she delivered by herself her firstborn baby, but her abdomen was still swollen and she kept with the unholy birth. And she birthed her second, yet the the birth still carried on. And she birthed her third and fourth and fifth child, and only then the birth has stopped- but her stomach was swollen yet, for her pregnancy would never stop. She looked at each of her babies, and they were all ugly and monstrous- but she loved them still, for they were her children. She brought them to her chest and fed and nurtured them and kissed them on their head, and as they drank her milk they grew bigger and bigger, becoming great monsters- a giant and a dragon, a serpent and a raptor and something so ugly it had no name. She leaned toward her children and said "you are my children, the beasts of the forest. Outside are the children of my man, who has scorned me and banished me to the woods to give birth on my own. Go out and teach your brothers the lessons they forgot". And the giant and the dragon, the serpent and the raptor and the ugly thing have all bowed their heads before her, and left to the forest- and while they did, the woman smiled and turned to look at me. She asked "Do you know who I am?" and I knew, for she was my mother- and with that she returned to her endless birth.

Last edited by LostLight; 09-21-2017, 04:57 PM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Is the first one suppose to be Promethean or Geist?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
      Is the first one suppose to be Promethean or Geist?
      It's Mummy.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

And I saw men and women who looked upon the monsters with envious eyes, and sought to claim those powers for their own. Some they brewed deadly elixirs and potions and fed them to their slaves. Some they made sacrifice to their gods, offering up their slaves as vessels for power. Some they carved the monsters into pieces, and took their eyes and limbs, and grafted them onto their slaves.

These I saw and a hundred other ways besides, and by whichever way it was done these envious men and women they raised up their slaves, granting them the power of monsters, and cast them down again, for the form of man was not meant for such power, and they fought mightily to prevent from dissolving into the primordial chaos from whence all came.

And many of these wretches, they remained true to their masters, devoted even in what they had become. And others they ran, seeking out secret places where they might plan vengeance for what had been done to them. And the devoted and the vengeful, they clashed again and again in battle never-ending, for there were always more slaves for the envious to break in their pursuit of power, always those who would be loyal, always those who would seek revenge.

And I said to Amoniel the angel "What does this mean?", and the angel said "This is not for you to understand. This is only for you to set down so others might understand."

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

It's Mummy.
          Huh. I actually read that as the Fall, from Mage. I really need to catch up on my Mummy...

Comment

well, Eschaton has presented all gamelines up to Geist plus Wicked Dead, so I've thought that even by elimination it would be clear we are talking about Mummy- but it doesn't looks this way. Well, I can see why someone who isn't too deep into Mummy's lore would mistake it to Mage/Promethean/Geist/etc.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
              well, Eschaton has presented all gamelines up to Geist plus Wicked Dead, so I've thought that even by elimination it would be clear we are talking about Mummy- but it doesn't looks this way. Well, I can see why someone who isn't too deep into Mummy's lore would mistake it to Mage/Promethean/Geist/etc.
              The fact that I haven't read the source materials also adds to the confusion, I'd bet

Comment

Working...
              X