Requiem's Novels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requiem's Novels

How many novels have been written for requiem? I read Silent knife. Are there others? Can you provide a list with a brief description/Critique (just one or two sentences) for each novel/book/story?

If there aren't many novels specifically for requiem, even for Masquerade/Dark Age could be useful.

I would need some inspiration source, also as regards disciplines usage (how to describe or use them in several/original way).

Thanks.

Theirs a trilogy I read starting with Hunger like Fire.

Reading silent knife whats it like.

Comment

I won't recommend any of the novels, they range between bad and mediocre and don't do the setting justice, to be honest I find the fiction and fluff in the core books much more interesting

Comment

I understand, thank you for your advise.

Comment

The clanbooks aren't novels, but they're heavily based on first person narratives, some of which describe disciplines in action.

Comment

Greg Stolze's two novels were a huge inspiration for the second edition of the game. I used to require all writers to read the first 20 pages of The Marriage of Virtue and Viciousness, in which three predators circle each other... only one of whom is a vampire.

Rose Bailey
            Onyx Path Development Producer
            Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

There's the World of Darkness Chicago 'trilogy,' a big book with three parts, each focusing one of the 'big three' as they confront a problem that might be affecting everyone, in different ways. The Vampire section follows Loki of the Circle of the Crone who's dealing with his hesitancy to fully commit to its ideals. The Contagion Chronicle's eponymous plot device has been implied to be similar, at least in impact.
              Shades of Darkness

Vampire the Requiem trilogy. The first focuses on the Chicago area mostly the new vampires Bruce 'Bruise' Miner and Persephone Moore. The former embraced illegally by an unknown sire into clan Nosferatu, the latter illegally by the Prince into the Ventrue. I believe Blood In, Blood Out focuses more on Persephone and Duce, of the Carthians. Her dealing with her sire, Prince Maxwell, and Solomon Birch and the other politics a Prince's childe might find themselves wrapped up in permeate the trilogy.
              A Hunger Like Fire
              Blood In, Blood Out
              Marriage of Virtue & Viciousness

Silent Knife
              My least favorite, it's about the vampire Sheriff of a domain facing a rebellion via a sorcerously-empowered vampire and his loyalists. It gets tied with mage as the story goes on.

The Strix Chronicle Fiction Anthology.
              I love anthologies and this was a good one. It's probably the best for figuring out how to portray the strix.

Comment

Many thanks to everyone.

I'm going to buy the trilogy just to start:

A Hunger Like Fire
                Blood In, Blood Out
                Marriage of Virtue & Viciousness

That's a pity they are just in pdf and not even in epub/mobi like silent knife.
                Last edited by Marcus; 10-03-2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
                  Greg Stolze's two novels were a huge inspiration for the second edition of the game. I used to require all writers to read the first 20 pages of The Marriage of Virtue and Viciousness, in which three predators circle each other... only one of whom is a vampire.
                  I'm reading the Marriage of Virtue and Viciousness novel and I'm wondering if it's really about 2ed.
                  If my bad english assists me I think that Auspex is still about aura reading, dominate works as per 1ed.

Bu the way it's a nice novel, even if I see its vampires too human (even elder) and little horrorific and alien creatures, with something really inspirational; but I don't want to spoiler anything.
                  Last edited by Marcus; 10-05-2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

It was released the year after VtR 1e. If it was released after the rules for 2e was written then it couldn't have been used as inspiration for creating 2e.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                    Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                      It was released the year after VtR 1e. If it was released after the rules for 2e was written then it couldn't have been used as inspiration for creating 2e.
                      I'm sorry, I misunderstood the Rose's words. I actually understood it is a huge inspiration for the 2ed game not it were. My fault. Pardon

Comment

No need to apologize. It's not like you offended anyone by misreading a bit.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                        Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

Working...
                        X