Vampire: the Hungry Dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire: the Hungry Dead

I am working on a bit of homebred, so far titled Vampire: the Hungry Dead. The purpose of it is kind of simple, but perhaps contentious. I am looking to adapt and update the Wan Kuei of Kindred of the East infamy into the CoD and make them a world wide phenom.
    I previously did this with the Wan Kuei, translating them as one of the Wicked Dead. Thinking of it, I like the idea of vampires being escaped souls from Hell. The idea is I think something widely applicable for the concept of a vampire.
    This, however, isn't a direct port of Kindred of the East, but a merging of Requiem and KotE. I will list some of my ideas below, if anyone has suggestions I would love them.

1) Humanity will be replaced by Hun and P'o. In the Western vampires this will be called Man and Beast. Vampires will have Rage points (aka Demon Chi) which they can spend for certain benefits. Vampires here still naturally have fangs. I think instead of growing fangs they will grow claws.

2) While most vampires are self-rising there are lineages of vampires. A Kindred (in Damnation) can use a ritual to raise another in their line. This way there is still a Bloodline z-splat. And we get both vampires damned by their own actions, and the actions of another. I would also keep the possibility of an avus but only Lineage-less vampires can be adopted into a Lineage.

3) With Disciplines I want to combine the KotE Disciplines with the Requiem. Currently I am removing or combining Disciplines that are too close in concept (Obligation and Dominate) and adding vampiric powers that the Cathayans are missing. Like Animalism (would it be a Shintai or a Chi Art?)

4) Power stats. Right now I have it put to Spiritual Potency with Chi as the fuel. In the Western Covenants I think it will still be Blood Potency and vitae, because they are really similar. The big difference is the loss of feeding restrictions and that it does not automatically increase with time. Age is correlated to increased potency but it does not cause the increase. I toyed with renaming the power stat Evolution to reflect bodily and spiritual Evolution that the Covenants ( Dharma) push. But I dunno.

I have more thoughts but... Take a look at my half finished manuscript. IHAL's old KotE conversion is a big help in the mechanics.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk

My Homebrew
    Star Wars d10
    The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
    Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
    3) With Disciplines I want to combine the KotE Disciplines with the Requiem. Currently I am removing or combining Disciplines that are too close in concept (Obligation and Dominate) and adding vampiric powers that the Cathayans are missing. Like Animalism (would it be a Shintai or a Chi Art?)
    I'd make Animalism a Soul Art - the Chi ones tend to focus on the environment, whereas Soul ones focus on your spirit or another's.

4) Power stats. Right now I have it put to Spiritual Potency with Chi as the fuel. In the Western Covenants I think it will still be Blood Potency and vitae, because they are really similar. The big difference is the loss of feeding restrictions and that it does not automatically increase with time. Age is correlated to increased potency but it does not cause the increase. I toyed with renaming the power stat Evolution to reflect bodily and spiritual Evolution that the Covenants ( Dharma) push. But I dunno.
    Spirit and Blood Potency are good. While they must evolve to get there, the other names reflect how their minds turn to power easily.

Comment

Good idea, Sunless Nick. I will put Animalism in Soul Arts. I will place Auspex under the Soul Arts also. I think I will take out Blood bonds, but this is mostly for my home games where vampires are not burnt by sunlight, merely weakened.
      Another thought is Aspects the Corpse. Eastern minded vampires may say it is due to the nature of the Chi you awake using, how would the Western counterparts describe it? Since perm. Imbalances are something I am removing and am shunting some of the temporary imbalances off to aspecting the corpse. Should differently aspects vampires be staked by different materials or shall we keep wood only?
      Now, for the Dharma/Covenants I think I will include the following;

The planned Covenants and Dharma will be;
      Western
      The Invictus, Road of the Unconquerable Kings.
      Lance et Sanctum, Road of the Righteous Sinner.
      Circle of the Crone, Road of the Dark Mother.
      Ordo Dracul, Road of the Dragon?
      And
      The Unbound on the Road of Humanity?
      Should the Carthian Movement be in? Or maybe Carthians are on the Road of Humanity?

The Eastern include all the KotE Dharma plus Faces of the God. Flame of the Rising Phoenix becomes the Unbound. Akuma become a Covenant ala the Belial's Brood. Complete with pants and greater Akuma.

My Homebrew
      Star Wars d10
      The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
      Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

Working...
      X