[2E] Feeding Work Arounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Feeding Work Arounds

Hello in my campaign i’m going to have an ancient vampire be one of my final big bads. This is going to be a mixed game so for a challenge I was going to set his bp around 9 or 10. I’m curious how to get around the feeding restrictions in some ways. In 1E I would have simply had him have coil of the blood. I also know there is sanguine invigoration and the homebrew coil of the ascetic on the forums. I’m wondering what other ways there are and if anything new has been released to help manage this. Besides burning willpower.

You have several options:

- cruac rites
    - perversion (already under a mutual vinculum 3)
    - oaths

For sure other option but I will check as soon as I'm at home

Comment

There's also the Unnatural Affinity merit that allows you to gain Vitae from other supernatural beings. The blood (or whatever it is you drink in stranger cases) counts as Kindred Vitae for feeding restrictions.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mystery: Coil of Smoke

Comment

3 of the 5 covenants have a way to dodge Vinculum, which covenant did you want to make him?

Comment

Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
          3 of the 5 covenants have a way to dodge Vinculum, which covenant did you want to make him?

Actually all 5 have ways to counter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseur View Post

Actually all 5 have ways to counter it.
            Could you please be more specific?

Comment

Invictus oaths and Cruac can provide immunity, Carthian Law and Dragon scales can break vinculums. Depending on your mechanics for blood sorcery, Theban Sorcery can render it irrelevant.

Comment

There is a Theban ritual that makes blood spill from a statue, but that isn't particularly viable on a long term basis because it requires the sacrifice of a humanity dot. Also, I'm not sure how viable that Carthian Law is because it blood bonds you to multiple people in exchange for breaking viniculum.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post

Well there's both Oaths and C-Law that tears it away, there is a Scale that removes it and there's rituals for both schools of blood magic.
                  A few is in the Core rules 2ed, Secrets of the Covenants and Blood Sacraments.
                  Some have a few drawbacks but all covenants have the tools to remove it.
                  Vinculum aint that a big deal in V:tR.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post

The Ordo have a Scale in the mystery of Volvoid that makes a mortals blood count as yours so you could inject someone and then drink their blood, the Invitus have oaths that give one party Vitae from the other and one that gives immunity to Vindiculim from the other party and there is a Cruac ritual that gives the caster immunity to Blood Adiction and Vindiculim.
                    That's all I know but I only have the core book.
                    Last edited by Live Bait; 11-15-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X