Bloodlines and Techology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodlines and Techology

I was looking without success for a Bloodline who worked with the vampire themes to something more tech like.
    Nothing so creepy as a android or anything, but something that can control technology with a discipline or blood sorcery.

Is there a bloodline that can do that?

Maybe some new discipline, akin to Domination or Animalism.

Check my homebrews:
    Vampire Bloodlines: Kiasyd, Melissidae
    Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

There's a Devotion in the Mekhet clan book that allows those with Auspex to recognise vampires through recordings despite the whole hiding thing. I think you could build a Bloodline from that concept. Just follow it up with the ability to Auspex subjects and objects through the recordings (as they were at the time of recording, with a penalty according to how old the recording is). You could also have some Dominate Devotions in order to "command" devices with CPUs to perform simple tasks (bypass local passwords, record stuff, decrypt/delete local files). So a Mekhet bloodline with the Discipline spread Auspex, Celerity, Dominate, Obfuscate, and their Bloodline Gift being Devotions based on their Disciplines.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Horodrigo View Post
      I was looking without success for a Bloodline who worked with the vampire themes to something more tech like.
      Nothing so creepy as a android or anything, but something that can control technology with a discipline or blood sorcery.

Is there a bloodline that can do that?

Maybe some new discipline, akin to Domination or Animalism.

The Lynx bloodline could do that if the character purchased the bloodline's proprietary discipline ranks dedicated to computer networks. (You are technically supposed to be buying each rank of the power dedicated to a specific network type.) You can't do stuff like turn your laptop into a T-1000, but the things you could accomplish by linking the discipline powers across physical and social and bloodline networks is pretty obscene.
      My ST flat out forbade the bloodline in any setting concurrent with Architects of the Monolith.

Comment

Working...
      X