Like the Dead Wolves, but Other?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the Dead Wolves, but Other?

Just something that leaped to my mind after reading about template stacking.

So, I hear that the Dead Wolves are in concept Embraced Wolf-Blooded. Basically a Vampire + Wolf-Blooded combo. A mix of a “major” template and a “minor” template, not creating a new “hybrid” template but adding to the “major” template. In this case, a Bloodline.

Anybody got other ideas for more of such combinations that lead to “hybrid” Bloodlines? Embraced Proximi? Fae-Touched? Alchemists? Heroes? Stigmatics? Hell, maybe even ghosts since Geist 2E is apparently going to have playable ghosts as its “minor’ splat?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Well, per the book you won't be able to get embraced Dhampir, which is on one hand odd, and on the other hand sensible for a conservative approach. Dhampir do not have a supernatural resistance stat--similar to its lack in wolf-blooded--and as such *could* in theory retain their abilities post-embrace. If the storyteller likes you.

Wolf-blooded tells are supernatural merits, and are lost on embrace unless you arrange the effects of certain coils to re-enable them later. You could custom a bloodline to do the same thing for other minor splats, effectively making their bloodline merit be some measure of the minor splat powers.

Embraced fae-touched would be fun; would you end up with a Kiasyd bloodline? (A: probably.)

Embraced Proximi might end up with a kind of Blood Thaumaturgy power set if you're feeling generous. Or, a stack of purchasable Devotions somewhat similar to the Khaibit.

I can't comment on these others as I'm not familiar with them, but ghosts sounds especially messy. Physical body and all that....

--Khanwulf

Comment

Werewolf the second edition core, p300.

'Unless she goes through the First Change, a Wolf-Blooded character retains her Tell if she becomes another kind of supernatural creature.'

Take any rules forbidding 'template stacking' with a grain of salt.

Here's David hill's mix of Requiem and Lost in the form of the Admonitoria.
      Last edited by nofather; 12-13-2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I did a little something some days ago. It's not really stacking as it is one major template overriding another major template, and just keeps a few of the advantages of the first one.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
          Wolf-blooded tells are supernatural merits, and are lost on embrace unless you arrange the effects of certain coils to re-enable them later. You could custom a bloodline to do the same thing for other minor splats, effectively making their bloodline merit be some measure of the minor splat powers.
          You explicitly retain Tells upon becoming anything but a werewolf, and I also don't think they are ever classed as supernatural merits, as far as I can recall.

I believe that Demon-Blooded can also retain access to their gifts when joining a major splat, based on a post from one of the writers (or devs?) a while back.

Comment

You can gain a Tell through the Tell Merit, either as a secondary Tell gained after becoming Wolf-Blooded, or as an option to spontaneously become Wolf-Blooded during play.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
              You explicitly retain Tells upon becoming anything but a werewolf, and I also don't think they are ever classed as supernatural merits, as far as I can recall.

I believe that Demon-Blooded can also retain access to their gifts when joining a major splat, based on a post from one of the writers (or devs?) a while back.

How did I drop that one? You and nofather are right of course. Just to be clear: I fully support template stacking to create rare-but-beautiful monsters... just not publishing them in official supplements ala Sam Height.

It's been a confusing day, I should avoid making any assertions for at least 24 hours.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
              X