No announcement yet.

[Thought Experiment] New Lost Clans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I really liked that part about Requiem for Rome, all that IC look at Disciplines is something very unusual.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Malkav's Weird Cousin has an excellent idea there in the sacrificial priest vampire (Druid). I like that option MUCH more than the hint that Britain was overrun by strix-vamps. It also fits neatly into the background reasoning for why the Julii would demand their legions wipe out the Druids, whereas in other parts of Europe they co-existed happily with religious practices that were quite similar.

British Druidism was founded on blood sacrifice to a territorial clan jealous of interlopers. The Roman assault on Mona purged the last of them--more or less, leaving only the Irish Druids, who were influenced more by Daeva and Gangrel cult figures (such as The Morrigan), and Pictish heathens who were under some other influence by and large.

I'm not bothered by the lack of a physical discipline because I'd like to offer another "clan" benchmark: inclusion of a discipline that can be learned automatically by vamps without a teacher. Obfuscate is one of those, as is Animalism. IIRC. All vamps get physical intensity, so these Sacrificial Priests of Earth and Season can be as mighty as they need to based on blood supply.

They'll want custom Devotions that let them 1) absorb spilled blood over a wider area, and/or 2) leave blood "primed" in the earth so it can be spent as if in their pool. This would tie them heavily to a given area claimed by them, but make them hell to extract from it. I'm envisioning something kind of like the Ansam do, drawing blood from their cult, only in both directions and either tapping animals warped to the vamp's presence, or the land itself.

Will probably borrow them for my own game, frankly.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
        Malkav's Weird Cousin has an excellent idea there in the sacrificial priest vampire (Druid). I like that option MUCH more than the hint that Britain was overrun by strix-vamps. It also fits neatly into the background reasoning for why the Julii would demand their legions wipe out the Druids, whereas in other parts of Europe they co-existed happily with religious practices that were quite similar.

British Druidism was founded on blood sacrifice to a territorial clan jealous of interlopers. The Roman assault on Mona purged the last of them--more or less, leaving only the Irish Druids, who were influenced more by Daeva and Gangrel cult figures (such as The Morrigan), and Pictish heathens who were under some other influence by and large.

I'm not bothered by the lack of a physical discipline because I'd like to offer another "clan" benchmark: inclusion of a discipline that can be learned automatically by vamps without a teacher. Obfuscate is one of those, as is Animalism. IIRC. All vamps get physical intensity, so these Sacrificial Priests of Earth and Season can be as mighty as they need to based on blood supply.

They'll want custom Devotions that let them 1) absorb spilled blood over a wider area, and/or 2) leave blood "primed" in the earth so it can be spent as if in their pool. This would tie them heavily to a given area claimed by them, but make them hell to extract from it. I'm envisioning something kind of like the Ansam do, drawing blood from their cult, only in both directions and either tapping animals warped to the vamp's presence, or the land itself.

Will probably borrow them for my own game, frankly.

--Khanwulf
        Animalism is a good base for those Devotions, since it already conceptually covers "marking the land" effects.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

There's also the 1e Tenure Discipline. As I understand it, parts of it were sorta-kinda absorbed into 2e Animalism, but its effects could work with Animalism devotions.

Comment

Quick thought for an alternate take:

You could approximate the Tzimisce (assuming you want to do so) by making them a "Lost" clan with Dominate, Animalism, Protean, then making Vicissitude a set of Devotions that require the first (Protean/Dominate) "fleshcrafting" Devotion. Pijavica could then be a bloodline of them.

By modern nights they would be mostly indistinguishable from quirky Ventrue, and considered a minor variation (i.e. bloodline) of them native to Eastern Europe.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
            X